Interested

(un)optional [EDITING]

5:50. Sehun glanced at his wrist watch as he sat at a bench near the reception area, guaranteed hidden from Jamie’s view. He didn’t want Jamie to know he waited. And you ask me how did he know where to hide? He knew where she’s gonna come out from. He knew she’s easily distracted and with his sudden demand, it’s difinitely messed up her brain and she won’t even notice if Sehun’s standing in front of her. To resemble a cat so much and be this oblivious, it made no-sense. But then again, nothing in this world made sense. For example, why was he actually interested in her to begin with?

Sehun always knew he’s good-looking. The proof being he was scouted by the agency. He knew he could get any girl. Moreover he knew his ideal type. Pretty, tall, long lean legs plus long beautiful silky hair pleased him. Not this average Joe with short legs and unattractive short hair currently sitting at the bench near the entrance.

Crap! She’s here. Sehun mentally cursed himself for not noticing her presence earlier. Now who’s easily distracted.

Since it’s still not yet 6, he decided to observe her for a moment. He nearly laughed out loud (lol) when Jamie furiously tossled her hair before letting out an annoyed huff.

I was right. It did messed up her brain somehow. Cute...

Sehun flinched. He just thought she was cute. Cute. Like really really cute. He slapped himself out of it quite litterally.

NO! She’s not cute. She’s an ugly, grumpy, foul cat. NOT CUTE AT ALL!!

Good thing he’s sitting behind this pole so nobody could see him torment himself mentally and physical. They might call an ambulance if you looked at the seriousness of the situation. Steadied his breathing, Sehun decided to sit there no more and made his presence known.

Sehun walked towards Jamie without any effort to conceal his appearance but she didn’t even notice. Sehun chuckled inwardly. He couldn’t be any happier for his predictions being absolutely right.

“You’re on time.” He said and smirked when Jamie flinched slightly.

She really is oblivious about her surroundings. Cute... Not again! She’s not cute. She’s the ugly, grumpy, foul cat you hate. You hate her. She hate you. End of story.

“Where are we going?” Jamie asked.

Sehun smirked before replied curtly. “Shopping.”

He reached out to grabbed her forearm and dragged her along since he hated that he might have to look back to make sure she’s not escaping. Sehun frowned when he realized she was wearing long sleeves.

Who the hell wear long sleeves in this weather. It’s freaking hot.

He suddenly felt concerned since the incident was just 2 days ago. What if she got sick after that? What if that guy hurt her? Though he decided to mask it as he asked her. “Ya. It’s freaking hot and you’re wearing this?”

Watching her expressions carefully, he saw 2 seconds of panic and suspected something had happened. When she dodged the topic, he was sure something definitely did and it wasn’t good.

“It’s none of your business what I’m wearing. Now can we get this over and done with?”

Sehun frowned but he let it slide. He would find out sooner or latter but not now. So he rolled his eyes and teased.

“So eager to get rid of me aren’t you?” He said before pulling her, knowing she would stumble over her own feet but he couldn’t act like he care since he didn’t or so he told himself.

“Ya. Let go. I can walk by myself.” Jamie whined but Sehun ignored it, continued dragging her along.

“I can’t have you escape can I?”

“I won’t so let me go.”

Sehun sighed. He weighted the options and decided to let go. Of course it’s not gonna be that easy. When he saw that relieved expression on her face, he popped the bubble. Sehun slung his arm over her shoulder, trapped her head under his strong arms.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sehun smirked as he heard a small gasp before a hard glare was shot at him. He tried to keep himself from laughing so he smiled instead. The glare wasn’t one bit scary from up here.

“Keep you from escaping.”

“I said I’m not gonna escape so why can’t you just believe me?” Jamie frowned as she tried removing Sehun’s arm off her shoulder but to no avail.

“Don’t waste your efforts.” Sehun clicked his tongue.

“Don’t make me use it on you.” Jamie warned through gritted teeth.

Ooo~ Kungfu threats. Scary mood is switched on.

“Are you gonna go all Kungfu on your savior? Because that’s something nobody would do to the person who saved them.” Sehun chuckled slightly. Of course you won’t when I mentioned the incident.

“Actually I don’t need to use Kungfu on you. I could just jabbed you in the ribs and you would have no choice but to let go.” Sehun gulped when his tactic failed miserably. It didn’t particularly mean he lost.  

So he feigned ignorance while keeping a straight face before pulling her along with his arm still around her shoulder.

“Don’t you want to get this over and done with? You’re wasting time with all the chattering. Let’s go.”

“Ugh... Fine.”

Sehun smiled triumphantly when Jamie finally decided to give in. They continued to walked through the crowd of people. Rush hour on a Friday wasn’t very pleasant frankly speaking. Sehun had his dead grip around her neck in case she got lost among the crowd. There’s no way in finding such a small person among floods of tall humans.

“Are we going to go to Hongdae again?” Jamie impatiently asked. It’s quite a distance from the company and of course, Sehun wasn’t crazy to walk there.

“No. There’s a shop I usually frequent around here.”

Sehun looked at Jamie’s pouting face as he found himself smiled.

She really is cute... and this time he didn’t even attempt to wipe such thought away.

 

After 15 minutes of squeezing their way through the bustling busy streets, Jamie found herself mesmerized by the sight in front of her. It was literally heaven in the making. Everything she loved was there. Hiphop hats, sneakers, leather jackets, graphic tees, they were all there, out in the display, shaken her own will. Sehun watched from the sidelines amusingly. Okay so he admitted it. He brought her here for a reason. He knew she’s into these things. Judging from their outing last week and her clothing choice, he knew she would like these kinds of stuffs. And he was right.

“Stop gawking. You’re supposed to buy me something not the other way around. Come on.” He urged as he dragged Jamie inside and she obediently followed.

They shuffled through many types of clothings with Jamie in a half-trance half-hyper mood. She skipped around racks of clothes, shelves of hats and shoes displays. Sehun sighed as even his long legs had hard time catching up with the hyperactive cat.

“Let’s buy you this!!” Jamie beamed as she hold up a graphic tee.

“Handsome and evil?”

“Yup!”

“Are you saying that I’m handsome?” Sehun cocked his brows with a slight smirk.

His heart contracted as Jamie blushed. So she does think so.

“If you don’t like it, I’ll put it back then.” Jamie mumbled as she hung the shirt back.

“So I’m handsome then.” Sehun smirked as Jamie avoided eye contact, not even trying to argue.

“I p-picked it out without t-thinking cuz I thought it was nice. Besides I never said you’re ugly...” She trailed off the last part as she stalked away in embarassment not before turning out and stuck her tongue out at Sehun. “Oh and you’re evil! No doubt!”

You’re killing me. Stop being so damn cute.

“Aren’t you gonna buy it for me?” Sehun asked while trying to catch up with her quick short legs.

“Well you didn’t like it.”

“I do.”

Sehun waited as Jamie turned around and smiled before running away again, left Sehun to catch up with her, again but he didn’t mind. Sehun liked this side of Jamie but of course he’s not gonna tell her that. Jamie ran back and grabbed the T-shirt out from the bunch and handed it to him.

“Try it on first though.” She insisted, pressing the item to his chest.

“Alright. The size-”

“L. It’ll fit.” Jamie smiled softly as she went behind and pushed him towards the changing room section.

Jamie pushed Sehun inside without any word and shut the door.

Sehun frowned upon being forced against his will. It’s not he dislike it that she was stubborn upon making him try it on but the fact he accepted her pushing him around too easily. He still changed, wordlessly, and strangely it fitted him just right; both design and size-wise.

How could she know it would fit me? Probably she’s just lucky.

He opened the door as quietly as possible and smiled when he saw Jamie on her tip toes, trying to reach a hat from a shelf too high for her height. Sehun blushed as he saw a side of stomach exposed as the shirt rode up a little. That was when he saw it. A pretty bad bruise on the side of her hip. Realized he was staring, Sehun looked up but spotted another one below her wrist.

How did she get those? As far as I know, these are far too bad to get from dance practice.

“Hey.”

Sehun noticed her flinched as little. He also noticed how she unconsciously pulled down the sleeves when he approached her.

“It looks great on you.” Jamie smiled.

“Of course it does. How did you know the size would fit me anyways?”

There it was again. Her eyes diverted whenever she panicked.

“Lucky.” She nervously smiled before walking past Sehun.

“Let’s buy it!” Jamie chirped though it sounded forced, Sehun decided not to ask further but followed her to the cashier.

So now here they stood. It’s impossible to understand but Jamie had two shopping bags in each of her hands; 3 caps, 5 graphic tees with 2 of the same design but different sizes, 2 pairs of shoes of different sizes and 3 jackets.

“How the heck did you end up with that much? Are your parents millioniars of any sort?” Sehun scowled, looking at his own small bag.

“Let’s say my family is quite well-off. Most of them are my money though.” Jamie grinned as she looked at the harvest.

“How could you have that much money?”

“I take pictures.”

“Huh?”

“I sell my photographs for money. To magazines.”

“And how much do you get out of one?”

“Enough to afford one of these T-shirts.”

Sehun’s eyes widdened in shock.

“Seriously? As much as I hate to say, that’s freaking amazing. What kind of pictures do you take?”

“Interior designs, landscape, sometimes street fashion.”

“That’s pretty cool. Do you like it?”

Jamie’s expression turned into one of sadness and distress. “No.”

“Then why?” Sehun asked but it was ignored immediately as the girl spun around and walked away while loudly declared.

“You know what. I’m hungry. Let’s get something to eat. I want eomuk*.”

There is it again. Dodging.

“Let’s go.” Jamie smiled and went ahead.

“Who the hell eat eomuk in this weather? It’s not even chilly at all.” Sehun mumbled but compiled to her wish anyways.

You have so many secrets don’t you?  

 

*eomuk = korean fish cake, served with hot broth. Usually people would eat it in the winter or when it's a little chilly.


Author's Note

So there you go. Sehun and Jamie's little shopping "date". Kinda fluffy isn't it? I wanted to loosen the tension between the pair after their "Tom and Jerry" first meeting. The next chapter might be a little angsty but it will further develop their relationship. Look forward to it guys!!! 

Thanks to all my subscribers!! I wanted to put your accounts into the author's note but I have no idea how to do it. :((((( If someone could help me that would be great. 

Anyways, have a nice day!!!