Frustrated

(un)optional [EDITING]

 

Jamie wasn’t the type to dance. She’s inflexible and stiff. She couldn’t even do the split. Very very stiff and it was driving the dance instructor, Mr. Lee, crazy.

“Are you really a girl? What girl can’t even perform split?” The dance instructor groaned in frustration. This was one of toughest student he had had for years.

“I’m sorry but I remembered telling you I’m not the flexible from the beginning.” Jamie rolled her eyes in frustrations as well. They were trying to help Jamie stretched her leg muscles and as you see where the conversation was heading, it’s not very successful.

The two frustrated beings stared at each other for a long time until the older of them looked away and sighed.

“For the record, you never mention how inflexible you are. You’re basically a pole. Ah wait. Since you’re short, you’re more like cactus.” He mocked.

“Thanks a lot for the compliment.” Jamie stood up and dusted her knees. “Cactus is a cute plant.”

“Well, let’s call it a day. Tomorrow, we will do splits again.” The teacher informed his student.

“Yes. Seongsaengnim.” Jamie replied in a monotone and bowed. She wanted to argue since she’s so fed up with doing the same thing for 2 weeks straight for her private dance lesson. She always stayed late to practice but her body didn’t seem to obey her as it’s still as stiff as a pole. Oh, scratch that, a ‘cactus’.

She sighed for the nth time of the day as she packed her belongings into the black duffle bag and scrambled out of the dance practice room. She liked dancing to idol songs. She loved SHINee to death especially leader Onew. He’s such a cutie and every time he smiled, it never failed to make her heart beat at an inhumane speed. She could dance to every one of their songs but when it came to learning choreography in class, she could never get them right. She always forgot the steps and ended up moving around like Wall-E.

It had been a month and 2 weeks ever since she was accepted into SM. She sang for her audition of course. She was very weak in the self-confidence part but she never complained. She knew it was a deadly weakness but lucky enough her audition went well. She was accepted via an email 2 days after her audition. She was on cloud nine as she video-called her mom in tears. Her parents were beyond blissful at the good news and encouraged her to work even harder as she was one step closer to her dream.

At first, her parents strongly opposed her dream of becoming a singer. They said the entertainment industry was all ‘superficial’. The stuffs you saw on news were far from the truth. All the glory and fame was just a cover and behind the scenes are very unacceptable truths. Of course she knew about all of those things. She’s not a very sociable girl. She’s rather close-up and prefer the indoor. But she loved singing and that could never be replaced by anything. Her family loved her very much which explain their over-protectiveness. Hers was not a skinship or out-spoken family but everyone loved each other a lot. In the end, her parents agreed to let her decide her own future but with one condition, never go back on her decision or give up half-way. She was scared of failure but she swore to try her best even if it’s late.

Seeing how most idols debuted at the tender age of 15, she’s already near 17 this year. And with her low self-esteem, she didn’t know how she could make it. What if she could never debut? She didn’t have a back-up plan. All her eggs were put in this one basket which she wasn’t even sure she could keep. But she wasn’t going to give up anytime soon. Count that 5 or 10 years, she would keep trying.

Jamie was adjusting pretty well to her new environment and lifestyle. She had not made any friend yet but she was not desperate. Everyone here had their own group and newcomers were not very welcomed unless they try to get in their seniors’ good books. She didn’t intend to do that. What a waste of time and effort. People tended to get cocky once they got in here and she knew that fact very well. It’s a path to stardom. Who would not get over confident once they got closer? She’s smart girl and she’s aware that if she didn’t keep her head straight, she would give up soon like those girls she trained with in the first few weeks.

However, like in dramas, the one who decided to stay away from the crowd was always deemed an outcast. The one thing she didn’t understand was how people could bad-mouth and gossip about a person who they didn’t know well enough to do such things. She didn’t mind and chose to ignore most of them since they were outright ridiculous. Things she had heard included having connection or being filthy rich. She knew she didn’t have a great body, to be more honest, short and chubby. Her legs were nothing compared to the milky white long ones of her fellow trainees. She was born and raised in a tropical country resulted in the tanned complexion. She was proud of her color nevertheless.

There were countless times when she tried to prove them wrong but luck was never on her side. Her addiction to coffee and chocolate only further pushed her further down the spiral of misunderstanding. On a number of occasions, a group of trainee caught her having lunch at Coffee Bean and spread the news like wildfires. She didn’t know it could be that serious. Like any other unemployed teenagers, she saved up in order to satisfy her needs. Caffeine always calmed her down and did a number of wonderful things to stress. On another hand, chocolate boosted her energy bar to the max whenever she’s sore from hours of dance. She didn’t see the wrong to have such addictions even how costly. Whenever she drank coffee, she would skip lunch and eat ramyun for dinner. If her mom knew, she would not let it slide. Even though it did wonders to her chubby figure as she lost 3 kilos the past month, it was no doubt an unhealthy lifestyle.

She was still the lone wolf and she didn’t mind as long as nothing get in her way. But that one day, her life skewed towards a different direction and she didn’t see it coming at all.

---------------

"Who is this ?" An ugly-powdered-plastic girl snickered, walking towards Jamie with her pitiful minions dressed in cheap, revealing clothes and heels.

She was taken back since nobody had made an effort to talk to her even though this wasn’t friendly. She remained expressionless as she kept walking, bore no acknowledge to the existences in front of her.

"Yah! How dare you ignore me you little ? Do you know who I am!? I'm Sarah Kim, your 2 years senior!" She hissed.

The moment the reached for her top collar and pulled, a small but noticeable ripping sound was heard.

“My T-shirt.” She mumbled as she bit her lips to suppress anger. It was her precious ‘T-shirt’.

“What did you say?” The challenged.

“That was my favorite T-shirt you just ruined.” Jamie grumbled in rage as her fists clenched tightly on each side.

“I don’t give a about your T-shirt. You ugly fatty.”

“You better get the hell out of my way.”

“And if I don’t.” She challenged with arms crossed in front of her chests, her followers giggled.

“This.”

The next moment, a scream was heard along the hallway as Jamie walked away. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a T-shirt for rag of a blouse.

“How dare you! My Chanel blouse! I just bought this yesterday! You ugly piece of . You gonna pay for this!!!” The screamed as she fake sobbed like a dying whale.

Coffee dripped from the blouse on the ground as the and her minions desperately used tissue to dab the liquid. What a waste she thought. I could have drank that for the rest of the day. But the definitely deserved it. Jamie had this evil smirk all the way to her next dance class. She didn't know her life was about the change, better or worse. It was for her to decide.

 


Author's Note

Please comment. I hope that at least excite you a little. Drama is coming~ :) Have a nice day guys.