Heart-broken

(un)optional [EDITING]

Jamie was currently in the make up class for the cancelled one two days ago. And Mr. Lee went harder on them for some weird reasons. He appeared to be under the weather.

“Is he alright?” Jamie turned to the voice next to her and was surprised to see In Hye. The girl wasn't wearing her weird glasses and her beauty was breathtaking.

“You look so pretty without your glasses.” Jamie blurted, making In Hye blushed.

“T-thanks.” She smiled shyly.

“Mr. Lee probably got in an argument with his girlfriend. He always seem to take it out on us.” Jamie chuckled as she remembered the first time he flipped out at her after she caught him in a middle of a heated quarrel with his girlfriend. It was quite a sight to watch.

“He has a girlfriend?” In Hye asked, genuinely surprised.

“What? You thought that face wouldn't have a girl or two? He's as flirty as lust could be.” Jamie smirked as Mr. Lee scowled at something on his phone. It's pretty funny to take behind your teacher’s back sometimes.

“That's for today!!” Mr. Lee shouted, suddenly shooing us out like sheeps. “Go home!” He yelled one more time before slamming the dance room shut.

“Must be something serious.” Jamie mumbled, adjusting her skewed duffle bag.

“I’ve never seen him so angry before...” In Hye croaked.

Jamie huffed. “Forget him! Wanna go grab some lunch with me?”

In Hye hesitated as she glanced around with nervous eyes. Jamie's heart shrunk a little but she tried to appear as neutral as possible.

“It's okay if you don't want to-”

“N-no!” In Hye suddenly shouted, startling Jamie so she immediately apologized. “S-sorry, I-I didn't mean to s-scare you... I would love to have lunch with you...” In Hye replied, eyes fixed onto the tips of her shoes.

Jamie broke into a big grin, grabbing In Hye’s left hand and started pulling her along while giggling. “Let’s go then! I'm starving!”

In Hye smiled as the hyper midget excitedly pulled her towards the cafeteria. It's rare to see her so happy. In Hye considered it a success.

They sat down at one of Jamie's usual place. Jamie ordered a bowl of salad while In Hye settled with a plate of spaghetti.

“Say, how long has you been here for?” Jamie asked as In Hye twirled the pasta around her fork.

“About two months?” In Hye replied.

“So I'm here longer.” Jamie nodded, munching on a piece of lettuce. She frowned since it's pretty tasteless. She liked it to be covered in sauce but she couldn't afford to gain even half a gram.  

“I guess you're my sunbae then.” In Hye chuckled, not noticing how Jamie face hardened.

“I guess so...” She replied with a small rough voice, stabbing into a piece of a potato almost angrily.

In Hye peered at her new friend worriedly. “What's wrong? Does the salad taste bad?”

“It always tastes bad.” Jamie laughed, a little forcefully. “But it's good for my diet.”

Though she knew it's not because of the salad, In Hye let it go anyways. “Why are you insisting on dieting? You look just fine to me.”

“Apparently I don't look fine according to a lot of people. I need to get rid of these.” Jamie frowned as she pinched her thighs. “They need to go.”

“I personally think having a little fat it's visually more attractive than skin and bones.” In Hye shrugged.

“Really? That's strange coming from you. I mean you're skinny and tall. You have a great body.” Jamie raised an eyebrow, surprised to hear such a straightforward opinion from the shy girl.

“I always try to gain some fat but I can't seem to. I sometimes feel like a walking stick.” In Hye pouted, glancing at her body in mild disappointment.

Jamie shocked the girl when she slapped her hard in the forearm. “I hate you!” She exclaimed.

“Wha-” In Hye’s mouth gape open in shock.

Jamie suddenly threw a small tantrum, acting like a little baby. “You pretty little thing! You have a great body! You make me feel like crap next to you so don't you dare complaining!”

In Hye was still in utter surprised, mouth ajar with her eyes wide like saucers.

“Here I'm trying so hard to lose weight and you're complaining about your body... How unfair could this world be..” Jamie muttered under her breath, pouting and scowling at her unappetizing salad bowl.

In Hye finally smiled, getting over the initial shock of the new side of Jamie.

So she acts like a baby and likes to do aegyo. How interesting. And cute...

“That kinda hurts...” In Hye feigned pain and pouted while rubbing the area where Jamie hit her.

The girl eyes widened as she gasped. “Sorry! I didn't mean to hit you that hard! I'm really sorry! God, I'm so sorry...” Jamie cried, looking painfully apologetic to the point it's pretty adorable.

“Merong~ I'm kidding!” In Hye giggled as Jamie's face turned into one of confusion before breaking out in a laugh.

“You horrible tease! You're not so shy after all! I've been fooled!” She dramatically threw her hands in the air as In Hye laughed.

“Don't be so dramatic! You're making a scene!” In Hye shushed Jamie and forced her arms down.

Glancing around, she could see bullet eyes from other trainees pierced through her, sending shivers down her spine for the first time. She rubbed her neck embarrassed, bowing her head lightly in apology.

“Oops..” Jamie muttered before turning back to finish the tasteless salad.

In Hye looked at her with amusement and smirked.

I better thank Min instead. She's so much fun.

 

It's safe to say Jamie and him was on friendly terms. But it didn't mean their relationship were smooth. Jamie kicked him out after he kissed her and hadn't talked to him since then. So much for being ‘zoned’. He tried to call her various times only to get ignore completely. They passed by each other a couple of times during breaks but she pretended not to know him at all and it hurts like hell. So this is what it feels like getting ignore by your crush?

Just then he heard giggles, coming from nearby. He recognized Jamie's voice and another, male's??

Frowning, he peeked around to find the source. After the second try, his eyes landed on the figures of a petite girl, surely he recognized as Jamie's and a tall boy, nearly one and a half head taller than her. He had his arm slung over her shoulder casually. They were close while chatting away happily, unaware of Sehun’s stare.

His blood boiled at the thought of her getting intimate with a guy right after the incident with Tao and he couldn't help but feeling jealous.

Why can't it be me? I said I would always be there for her. Why can't she choose me?

His fist tightened as his nails dug deep into his palm. Sehun nearly lunged at the pair when the male leaned down whisper into her ear as she laughed, pushing him away playfully. The boy didn't give up though. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her back, flushed against his chest.

The distance didn't allow Sehun to eavesdrop on their conversation but he knew it's better that way. He may beat the guy up if he could hear the content of their conversation. Suddenly, it got quiet and the pair stopped in the middle of the hallway. Sehun peeked out again to catch them in an even more intimate situation. And when he recognized the person who was with Jamie the whole time, his heart just broke.

So she chooses Kyungmin. The bastard that harassed her over me. How ironic. She always seems to choose the people who hurt her over ones who really cares.

Tears rolled down Sehun’s cheeks as he wiped them away angrily. So much for first love. But then again, first loves were deemed to fail and so his wasn't an exception. He had hoped it was but reality was pretty harsh on the young boy.

 

“He left.” Kyungmin whispered as he wiped the stray tear on Jamie's right cheek.

“Sorry...” Jamie sniffed as she wiped her eyes with her arm.

“Don't do that. I have tissues.” Kyungmin softly scolded the girl, fishing out a pack of tissue from his back pocket.

Jamie eyed the male with furrowed eyebrows. What kind of male have tissues in their pockets?

“I do.” Kyungmin answered despite her not asking any questions.

Jamie's eyebrows raised in surprise. It's like he read her mind.

“FYI, I don't have telepathy. You're just really easy to read.” Kyungmin chuckled, poking her nose, knowing how she hated it. She said it tickled and made her rubbed her nose.

“You knew I hate it when you poke my nose.” She frowned, rubbing her nose like crazily since it got insanely itchy.

“But you look cute when you do that.” Kyungmin snickered while wiping the corners of her eyes, making a face of disgust. “You have eyes boogers.”

“Don’t look at it then!” She growled, attempted to snatch the tissue from the cheeky male but he was quicker. Kyungmin laughed at Jamie’s scowling face. She’s just so fun to mess with.

“I know I’m fun to mess with !” Jamie huffed as she stomped her feet like a child, throwing one of those tantrums again. He only chuckled, knowing she’s not one to hold a grudge. The boy quickly ran after the grumpy feline, pleading with aegyo ‘sorry(s)’. And of course, Jamie forgave him.