ty

(un)optional [EDITING]

“So you guys knew each other?” Tao raised his eyebrows questionably.

“Not really sunbae.” Jamie replied with a monotone.

“Then?”

“Just an encounter I would rather not remember.”

“Rude.” Sehun spat.

“Bully.” Jamie countered, glaring at the said boy as Sehun momentarily gulped.

“So you do somehow know each other.” Suho added.

“I would like to pretend we do.” Jamie fake smiled.

“How about we just forget about what ever had happened and introduce ourselves all over again?” Suho suggested, trying eased up the tense atmosphere.

Nobody said anything until Suho shot Sehun a hard glare, the boy sighed and introduced himself, refused to look at the cat girl.

“Oh Sehun. 17.EXO maknae. Nice to meet you.”

“Jamie. 16. Turning 17 this October.”

Nice to meet you.”

“Alright! Let’s order some food now everyone is here.” Suho announced which the boys cheered enthusiastically, even Tao threw his hand up in the air, still holding Jamie’s hand. Everyone immediately shut up as they spotted the locking fingers. Jamie looked frantically while Tao panicked a little as they released their hands and cleared their throat at the awkward atmosphere.

“Order. Let’s order.” Tao chuckled nervously with red tinted cheeks.

“Yea.” Jamie swallowed.

After 15 minutes of complete chaos, everyone finally settled down with the orders, now waiting for their food.

“Do you like it here in Korea?” Suho asked.

“I haven’t been out a lot yet so I couldn’t say anything. But I liked the cat café Tao sunbae brought me to.”

“You like cats?”

“I love animals but I love cats the most.”

“Tao also has a huge thing for cats.”

“Yea. He was like a complete idiot in front of cats.”

“I’m not.”

“You didn’t squeal like a little girl when Alice finally agreed to let you pet her. Yes you didn’t look like an idiot bragging about how she liked you more me.” Jamie smirked.

“Brat.” Tao pouted.

“I was just telling the truth. No harm intended.”

“You just harmed my cool image.”

“When are you cool anyways sunbae?”

“I always am.”

“And what make you say so?”

“I know wushu.”

“Is that right Suho sunbaenim?” Jamie turned to a very amused Suho for confirmation.

“Yes it is. He does know wushu and he’s very good at it.”

“I did successfully snatch your phone and you didn’t even see it coming.” Tao pushed his chest forward proudly.

“That was a sneaky one. I wasn’t prepared.”

“Don’t you dare deny it.”

“How about we test it?”

“Oh oh, you’re on.”

“Let’s bet.” Suho interrupted.

“What do you have in mind hyung?” Tao asked.

“Baekhyun?” Suho turned to the grinning boy.

“The rule is whoever got their nose touch lose.”

“And the bet?”

“The loser pay for the winners’ meal.”

“Deal.” Jamie and Tao said in unison as they grinned confidently.

“Pay attention guys!” Suho clapped his hands and drew everyone attention to the duel.

“Tao and Jamie will battle it out. The person who got their nose touch will lose. The loser will pay for the winner’s meal.” Suho stood up and acted like a referee which earned laughs from the guys.

Everyone sitting beside them had moved further away to give them space. They turned to face each other, smirking.

“This is definitely my win.” Tao grinned.

“Don’t cry when I beat you sunbae.” Jamie mocked.

“You’re the one to talk kitten.”

“I’m going to kick your panda .”

“Vulgar!”

“Childish!”

“Alright guys.” Suho put his hand in between. “3, 2, 1. Ding ding!!”

Jamie and Tao  stared at each other with unreadable expression but one thing was confirmed. That they were very serious.

“The fight has started officially with none of the opponents had made the first move.” Baekhyun step up as a commentator.

“They seem to be reading their opponents and predicting the other’s movement.” Baekhyun added as he looked back and forth between both competitors.

“Candidate Huang Zi Tao has made the first move! But Candidate Jamie errr.. Jamie Jamie has successfully block the attack using her forearm to guard. Oh!! Candidate Jamie Jamie has made her first offensive move. However candidate Huang Zi Tao has also blocked the attack using his forearm to guard as well. Now both candidates has stilled, awaiting for the next chance to attack.”

Jamie could feel the pain as Tao grabbed a hold of her arm but she managed to mask her expression with a smirk. She began to think maybe this whole thing wasn’t a good idea. But she couldn’t back out now until Tao admitted his defeat.

On the other hand, the EXO members were gasping and cheering as the competition unfolded. Even Sehun who initially didn’t seem to give a damn was now watching with anticipation. The corner was getting noisier as it attracted other customers’ attention as well. People were eyeing them with curious eyes and occasionally laughed at the silliness of the group.

“Both candidates had shifted from their respective positions! Currently both are still hold on to the opponent arms! They stood up!! Oh my god. Do they plan to go all out?? Candidate Jamie Jamie has made the first move this time around, attacking candidate Huang Zi Tao’s left leg by hooking her right feet for around his ankle. She might be planning to be destroyed his balance and footing!! But  candidate Huang Zi Tao has successfully repealed the attack, regaining his footing and now using the same attack on candidate Jamie Jamie. Oh no!! Candidate Jamie Jamie isn’t able to intercept and now is losing her balance. She might fall backwards!! But candidate Huang Zi Tao is able to reach out to her in time and grabbed a hold of her waist!! MOTHER MARY GOD JESUSSSS! CANDIDATE HUANG ZI TAO UNFORNATELY HAD LOST HIS FOOTING AS WELL!! THEY ARE NOW BOTH FALLING FORWARD! AT THIS RATE, THEY MIGHT … kiss…” Baekhyun trailed off as Jamie and Tao were looking at each other with wide eyes. Time seemed to stop as they remained in the uncomfortable position. Both was afraid to move. The EXO members were looking at the scene with gape open mouth and saucers eyes. The silence might as well kill any animated objects until commentator Baekhyun decided to broke the ice.

“But fortunately another candidate by the name Zhang Yixing had successfully stopped the contact from happening…”

Everyone breathed a sigh they seemed to hold for a long time.

“That was close.” Suho sighed.

Everyone immediately scrambled back to their seats with rosy cheeks, utterly embarrassed.

“Your food has arrived!!” A waiter chirped as he placed down the plates of food. He looked a little confused at the strangely quiet atmosphere, a polar opposite to the time he took the orders. Too quiet that it crept him out a little.

“Err… Enjoy you meal…” The waiter muttered and scrambled away.

“So… who win?” Suho eyes flickered between Tao and Jamie who still refused to look at each other.

“I did!!” Lay yelled and raised his hand.

“Err… I’m lost.” A boy with very deep voice chimed.

“Don’t worry Chanyeol. You’re not the only one.” Baekhyun agreed.

“I touched their noses. So I win! Simple!” Lay smiled.

“One of them supposed to touch the other’s nose.”

“But you said as long as one of their noses is touched. You didn’t particularly say that only two of them could touch each other.” Lay pouted.

“Actually Lay was correct. You didn’t specifically say that others couldn’t touch their noses.” A handsome, sculpture-like guy finally opened his mouth for the first time of the day. Jamie looked up to meet his gaze as they stared at each other. Jamie broke eye contact first and reverted her gaze back to her plate of carbonara.

“Alright. Then it’s Lay’s win then.” Suho smiled as Lay cheered.

“So you guys have to pay for my meal!!”

Jamie and Tao looked at each other and laughed.

“I guess we have no choice then.” Jamie grinned at Tao.

“Yea. But I’m still better.” Tao shrugged.

“You and your wishful thinking.” Jamie scoffed.

“There they go again.” Suho rolled his eyes, regardless still very amused with the whole bickering.

“Admit it. You nearly fall down since you couldn’t intercept my leg hook.”

“That didn’t change the fact that either of us win.”

“So you admit I’m better?”

“Do you have a for turning most of the things you say into questions sunbae?”

“What??! ??”

“There. You have just proven it.”

“Arg!!! You’re the most frustrating person I’ve ever met!!”

“Too bad.”

“I hate you!”

“I appreciated it.”

“You’re born to torment me aren’t you?”

“Every life has its purpose sunbae. And I think I found mine 3 seconds ago.”

“You… You sly feline!” Tao pouted and crossed his arms in annoyance. How come he could never win against her verbally. When he was actually hoping that he could win her physically, the battle ended with both of them as losers.

“I like you Jamie Jamie.” Baekhyun said.

“I like you too sunbaenim.” She replied with a smile as Baekhyun’s grin became wider than ever. If that’s actually possible.

“You looked a lot prettier smiling.” Baekhyun added.

Jamie instantly blushed at the compliment. “T-Thank you.” She stuttered.

“How come you are so nice to him??!.” Tao raised his voice in protest.

“He’s not an annoying slug.” Jamie stuck a tongue at Tao who mouth opened wide in shock.

“A-A S-Slug?? You just called me a slug???!!”

“You should see yourself. You glued yourself to me whenever you saw me. You literally the blood from my brain dry.”

“It’s not that bad!! Eventually you accepted me didn’t you?”

“Only because you gave me a headache. I thought accepting you would eased that. But I’m slowly regretting my choice every passing day.”

“Meanie!!”

“Clingy.”

“Okay guys. Stop! As fun as this is, we need to eat before the owner decided to kicked us out.” Suho stood up and separated the two, who were in the middle of a staring contest, by the shoulders. “Tao switch seats with Chen.”

“Hyung…”

“Tao.” Suho sternly glared at the younger.

“Ne. Hyung.” The panda boy whimpered.

“Hi Jamie. My name is Chen. I’m 19.” Chen introduced himself as plopped down to Tao’s chair.

“Hi Chen. It’s nice to meet you.” Jamie smiled as shook Chen’s hand.

“How come you’re nice to everyone except me??” Tao cried from the other side of the table.

“Me excluded.” Sehun asserted.

“Just eat kids.” Kris glared at the boys as they immediately obeyed, chopping down their own plate.

Jamie shot Kris a grateful smile as he smiled back. Jamie nearly blushed when she realized how much more handsome Kris looked when he smiled. She bit her lips shyly and proceeded to finish her food.

After 20 minutes of peace, everyone’s stomachs were filled to the brim. They shuffled out of the restaurant and now trying to figure out where to go next.

“We still have 2 hours. What should we do now?” The wide-eyed boy whose name was Kyungsoo asked.

“What do you wanna do Jamie?” Tao nudged the girl who was staring at the busy street of Hongdae.

“I’m up for anything.”

“How about we go window shopping?” Chanyeol suggested, his eyes gleamed with expectation.

“Let’s do that.” Jamie agreed.

“Okay! Let’s go then.” Suho shouted.

The group squeezed through the crowd, earning quite a few head turns for their good looks.

“I suddenly felt lucky.” Jamie laughed.

“And why is that?” Chanyeol asked.

“Because I’m walking with a bunch of handsome dudes.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet.” Chanyeol cooed as he warped one hand over Jamie’s shoulder and gave her a side hug.

“You are too.” Jamie giggled.

“Stop flirting with her.” Tao pried Chanyeol’s arm off Jamie and protectively warped his hand around her shoulder instead.

“Jealousy is ugly Tao.” Chanyeol hissed as he yanked Jamie back.

“Flirting is just as ugly.” Tao growled as he pulled Jamie to his side again.

“Guys, you’re hurting me.” Jamie laughed as she swatted both their hands away. The sentence had some truth in it since both of them were touching right where the bruises were.

“Sorry.” Both of them said at the same time. Tao and Chanyeol immediately glared at each other. Jamie shook her head at the childish boys who both were, by a miracle, older than her.

“Ignore them.” Kris appeared from the side.

“It’s kinda hard when they’re quite loud.”

“You’ll get used to it.”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Pretty self-elaborated.” Kris shrugged before striding ahead of her towards a very happy Lay and Luhan.

Jamie was nevertheless enjoyed this very much. She hadn’t had the chance to explore Seoul as much as she wanted to. And it’s perfect to be doing it with friends. She felt a little selfish to claim all of them as her friends but now being a little selfish wouldn’t hurt.

She was too absorbed with everything to realize she was separated from the group. When she finally came to her senses, she couldn’t see any of the EXO members in sight. Being bad at direction, Jamie had a phobia for getting lost. She always panicked whenever she couldn’t pin point where she was. She fumbled with her bag to search for her phone. But she didn’t get the chance to actually get the phone out, somebody grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards them. She winced a little  but sighed in relief, thinking one of the boys had found her. However when she realized the person that was holding her, fear swept all over her body as it trembled.

“We met again, cutie.” 

 


Author's Note

Incominggg!!!! Sorry guys. I'm a little high from chocolate. Though it was dark, it still managed to get me high. Lesson learned: never eat chocolate offered by your friends. They got you high and you started to do strange things, mostly embarrassing ones. Anyways, drama is coming guysss!! For those whp are waiting, it's here (soon :))) CLIFFFFF HANNNNGEERRR!!! kekekeke