Reassured

(un)optional [EDITING]

“But sunbae, how did you know?” Jamie asked as she released her arms around Tao’s waist.

“Sehun told me.”

“Sehun?”

“Apparently you clung to him and brawled your eyes out without even knowing who he was.” Tao half-playfully replied.

“Oh.” Jamie hung her head low in embarrassment. So hypothetically speaking she clung onto the person she disliked and managed to get tears and snort all over his shirt. Way to go. Now she had to find a way to confront Sehun. Great. Fate really worked in her favor.

“I’m sorry.” Tao suddenly said.

Jamie’s eyes widdened as Tao apologized out of the blue. “Why are you sorry sunbae?”

“I let you out of my sight and you ended up getting lost. It was my fault.”

As expected of sunbae, always so kind. She thought. “No it wasn’t yours. I blanked out and got lost. It was entirely mine.”

“I see this conversation heading nowhere. Mind telling me about the bruises instead?”

“I do.”

“Spill.”

“I thought you gave me a choice?”

“Figure of speech.”

“Cheater.”

“Enough chattering. Spill. NOW.”

Jamie sighed as Tao dragged them over to her couch. Jamie took some tissues and wiped her face while offering Tao some but the said boy swatted the box away.

“Don’t even think about buying time.”

“I’m trying to be nice.”

“Good to know. Now tell me.”

“Kyungmin wasn’t threatening me. He was just fooling around.”

“Lies.”

“That’s the truth. I could see he meant no harm. He was merely having fun.”

“Then how do you explain those bruises?”

“I got into a fight.”

“With who?”

“Kyungmin’s friends.”

“And you said he meant no harm.”

“At least not him. Somebody else did.”

“Tell me who.”

“Someone who obssessed with you.”

“Oh my. Then it’s totally my fault.” Tao grunted as he pulled on his raven hair which if he wasn’t in distress, Jamie would find it very attractive.

“Sort of.”

“You was just defending me earlier.”

“I’m kidding sunbae.”

“But I don’t recall being popular to the point somebody would be obssessed over me.”

“Well apparently she was. Or else she wouldn’t go and order guys to beat the hell out of me. The main point was that she didn’t know I could fight. Imagine her knowing. She might even hire assasins to get rid of me.” Jamie chuckled.

“It’s not very funny Jamie.” Tao looked at her with warning dark eyes.

“Sorry.” She mumbled.

“Who’s this girl that bully you?”

“She’s pretty well known among the trainees. Sarah Kim.”

“No idea who that is.”

“Really? Me too until she decided to bully me.” Jamie snorted.

“There’s something else though...” Tao trailed off.

“What is it sunbae? Jamie asked, confused.

Tao took a deep breath and said as he exhaled. “Sehun said Kyungmin, he your ear.”

Jamie’s face darkened. She could feel her hands began to sweat profusely. He saw it. He saw it!! All she could think was what should I do, what should I do.

“You’re alright?” Tao asked, concerned when Jamie’s face turned grim. He could see she’s panicking. Obviously scared of what he would say.

“Jamie. Look at me Jamie. It’s alright.” Tao turned her towards him as she kept fidgetting with her fingers.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. But if he’s harrassing you, then I wouldn’t let it slide. I don’t want you to get hurt Jamie. It’s that simple.”

Jamie looked at Tao and smiled but it didn’t quite reach her eyes.  “Okay.”

“Your bruises. Do you have medication for them?” Tao asked as he tucked her hair behind her ear and examined the bruise at her neck.

Jamie swallowed as Tao’s fingers brushed lightly over the skin behind her ear. Her skin prickled as his hand made contact with the sensitive area of her nape. Jamie’s heart picked up its pace when Tao brought his eyes closer to the area behind her neck.

“Jamie?”

“Y-Yea?”

“Medication. Do you have them?”

“U-Uh. Y-Yes. Yes I have them.” She stuttered.

“Remember to put them on.”

“I will.”

“Don’t just say it, do it. Got that?”

“Yes sir.”

Tao chuckled as the word rolled off her tongue. It sounded stiff and too formal. Tao’s phone suddenly rang as Tao frowned and took his phone out from his pocket.

“Sehun is calling.”

Jamie grew rigid at them mention of the said male. “You’re answering?”

“He’s probably checking on me. It passed dinnertime too.” Tao smiled as he pressed answer.

Tao hung up 30 seconds later and turned to Jamie. “We’re going to eat out. Want to come with us?”

“No. It’s okay. I want some time for myself.”

“Come on. I insisted.” Tao whined.

“Sunbae. Those puss-in-boots eyes are getting old.” Jamie scoffed.

“No they’re not. Please!! I would love you forever. Jamieeee~” Tao pouted while wriggling his shoulders cutely.

Jamie blushed and she felt like hitting herself since being with Tao, she could do nothing but blush. If she said something now, she would probably stutter so she settled with staring at Tao blankly. The boy soon got discouraged so he pouted sadly and stood up.

“Alright. I’m just gonna go.” Tao said as he made his way to the front door with his head hung low.

“S-see you sunbae.”

“See you Jamie.” Tao dejectedly replied but went unnoticed by Jamie who still trying her hardest to stay calm.

“I’m glad you’re okay Jamie.” Tao turned back and smiled as he slipped on his sneakers. “I’ll be going now. If you need anything, call me. Don’t even think. Just call. Got it?”

“Y-yes sunbae.” Jamie swallowed hard, her cheek resembled that of a tomato.

“See you soon Jamie.” Tao waved before exited her apartment.

As soon as the door clicked close, Jamie plopped down her couch and breathed out harshly. It’s a suffocating. This newfound connection, his caring side and her beating heart tired her out as she crossed an arm over her arm.

“I like him... I ing like him... so much...”

 

 

“And I don’t have any medication... my life.”

 

 

The next day came quicker than Jamie thought. The only thing she remembered before falling asleep was Tao’s visit and her sudden realization. Her cheeks reddened as she recalled the last words she mutter before falling into a deep slumber.

“I like him...”

Jamie pulled at her short hair before furiously ruffled it, to the surprise of many pedestrians.

“Arg! Damn it!!! Why do I have not changed after all that ?” She mumbled some curses quietly to herself as she dragged her feet towards SM building.

She felt dreadful even though she supposedly to be grinning ear to ear. Misconceptions were cleared. Trustworthy bond was formed. But why did she feel so restless?

Pupils dilated, Jamie bumped hard into a person running from the opposite direction.

“Oww.. I’m so sorry. Are you alright?” She quickly got up and gathered the stranger’s scattered belongings.

“I’m fine... Are you-” The stranger groaned before replying. But then he stopped when he spotted the familiar face.

“You...”

“Eh?” Jamie paused her movements to look up and came face-to-face with the male she absolutely didn’t want to see right now.

“Err... Here you go.” She handed him the papers, dared not to make eye contact. “Sorry I wasn’t looking.”

“It’s alright. I didn’t pay attention either.” Sehun smiled as he took the papers back.

Both didn’t know what to do as they stood there in front of each other. Both completated on what to say since none had the heart to leave just like that after the incident last time.

“I-” They both started at the same time.

“You-” Again.

They both try to siffled their laughter.

“You first.” She said through chuckles.

“How are you?”

“Could be better. But I’m getting there. You?”

“Still dazzlingly handsome as you could see.”

“Arrogant.” Jamie crinkled her nose with mock disgust.

“It’s called confident. Not arrogant.”

“Whatever. What are those?” Jamie eyed the papers curiously.

Noticing the slight interest in the cat girl’s eyes, Sehun decided to be playful. “Secret.”

Though she didn’t expect Sehun to tell her but she fully expected a “None of your business” or “Why do you care”.

“Stingy.”

“Drop that. I expected you to compensate for my dirty T-shirt. Meet me at the main entrance at 6.” Sehun glanced at his wrist watch.

“What?”

“Gotta go now! Be there or I’ll force you to come. Don’t you dare be late.” Sehun shouted as he sprinted away.                

Now you can’t refuse me. Sehun grinned evilly.

Jamie stood frozen to the ground. What just happened? Did she just got a date offer? Well not exactly an offer but more like if-you-refuse-you-will-suffer-the-consequences kinda of thing.

“Jamie!! What are you doing?! It’s time for practice!” Mr. Lee’s voice snapped her back to reality.

She turned back to catch the sight of her scowling teacher, obviously not pleased with her tardiness.

“Coming sir!” Jamie bellowed as she ran towards the dance room.

 

Six came a lot faster than Jamie thought as she wondered if she was time-slipped. Everything passed so quickly even since last night. Though she’s glad that splitting was cut short (actually it didn’t, she just felt like it was), she was troubled over the meeting with Sehun. Here she is sitting on a bench next to the door. What should she say; what would they do; what if he ask about that; how could she reply; every single crap was revolving inside her brain.

She did it again, that weird habit whenever she’s frustrated, tossled her smooth hair furiously before huffed out a heavy sigh.

Act normal. Act smug. Do the poker face. Don’t let him-

“You’re on time.”

Jamie was startled out of her mind to see Sehun standing right next to her.

“Where are we going?” Jamie asked, trying to keep her face stoic even though her mind was a mess.

“Shopping.” Sehun replied nonchalantly before grabbing her forearm to make her standup. His brows furrowed in surprise when he realized she was wearing long-sleeves.

“Ya. It’s freaking hot and you’re wearing this?”

Jamie panicked when Sehun questioned her choice of clothes. Yes, it’s deadly hot in this piece of clothing but she needed to hid the bruises and apparently, it was the best method.

“It’s none of your business what I’m wearing. Now can we get this over and done with?”

“So eager to get rid of me aren’t you?” Sehun rolled his eyes before grabbing on her forearm and dragged her along, not caring about her discomfort.

“Ya. Let go. I can walk by myself.” Jamie whined as she struggled out of Sehun’s grasp despite the pain.

“I can’t have you escape can I?”

“I won’t so let me go.”

And he did let go. Jamie frowned though relieved Sehun released his grip on her still fresh bruises. All of the sudden, a strong arm drapped itself over her shoulder. Her eyes widened but Sehun had that smug smile she hated so much pasted on his face.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Jamie glared, though it lost its power somewhere between their height difference.

“Keep you from escaping.” Sehun faked innocence.

“I said I’m not gonna escape so why can’t you just believe me?” Jamie frowned as she tried removing Sehun’s arm off her shoulder but to no avail. Martial arts or not, he’s still a lot stronger than her.

“Don’t waste your efforts.” Sehun clicked his tongue.

“Don’t make me use it on you.” Jamie warned through gritted teeth.

“Are you gonna go all Kungfu on your savior? Because that’s something nobody would do to the person who saved them.” Sehun snorted.

“Actually I don’t need to use Kungfu on you. I could just jabbed you in the ribs and you would have no choice but to let go.” Jamie deadpanned.

Jamie could see Sehun’s adam apple bobbed slightly at the threat. She smirked. But Sehun’s smarter than that.

“Don’t you want to get this over and done with? You’re wasting time with all the chattering. Let’s go.”

“Ugh... Fine.” Jamie groaned. Let’s get this over and done with.

 


Author's Note

I wondered if this chapter is the longest I've written so far. Back to the story, so finally Sehun and Jamie have a little moment of themselves (not counting the chapter which Jamie was a cry baby). Anybody look forward to their "date" in the next chapter??? I was planning to make their little private interaction 3 chapters long but I'm still not sure though. I only hope you guys look forward to the next chapter. 

And I just noticed, it's actually the 30th of December today, the second to last day of 2013. I wonder if a new year would be a better year, but it's something for everyone to find out for themselves isn't it?

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!!!