Comforted

(un)optional [EDITING]

Jamie ran and ran. She didn’t know where to but she needed to get out of there. Despite Sehun’s frantic shouts for her, the girl never turn back. She ran and ran until the voices started to fade away. Wiping her tears, her body started to hurt. Her heart, her lungs, her legs, her eyes; everything hurt so much.

Without realizing, Jamie found herself in a small and rather dark alleyway. Upon meeting a deadend, she stopped to catch her breath. Tears streamed down the girl’s face but her cries were nothing but intakes of breath. Her lungs burned from the long run. Gosh it hurts so much.

Leaning against the wall, she laughed as she found out the bubble tea was completely unharmed. Jamie stabbed the straw into the drink and took a mouthful. She drank and drank it, nonstop. Sniffs echoed off the walls along with the never ending slurping. The girl’s eyes were blank, staring at particularly nothing.

She couldn’t believe her ears. She started to doubt her own hearing ability. It wasn’t true was it? It was all just a big joke. To be honest, quite a terrible one at that. It couldn’t be true could it?

Shaking her head, Jamie laughed though it wasn’t funny at all.

You heard it. A voice told her but the girl simply laughed and waved it off. It’s not true, I must have misheard it.

You heard it Jamie, loud and clear.

No I didn’t. I’m pretty sure it’s just a joke. You know how much they like to joke around and tease me.

I know. But it wasn’t a joke this time. And you know that.

 

 

Another crappy day. Dance then sing then act. It was like a broken tape that played one part all over again. He’s so sick of it.

The boy sulked as he kicked an empty can as it collided with wall and dropped down with a loud ‘keng’. He continued to take out his frustrations on the innocent object until he heard small sobs coming from the small alley.

Well, that’s freaky. He shuddered as he started to imagine all the horrid scenarios in movies where he either get killed by a ghost or some kind of psychopath. Yea he may look like a fearless prick, the boy was a in the coat of a wolf. Kyungmin gulped, slowly trying to creep away.

“ing jerk.” A shaky voice escaped the enclosed space, cursing in English.  

And strange enough, it sounded somewhat familiar though he didn’t recognize it.

“ing jerk.” And it came again.

There was an invisible force pulling the boy in as he gradually followed direction of the sobs. Moving deeper inside, he could see a trembling figure with head burying between their knees, shoulders shaking as sobs emitted from their probably very sore throat.

 

Purple hair.

No way. There’s no way it could be her could it?

 

“Hey.” He called out rudely but the girl didn’t look up at all as her sobs not only didn’t subside but got even louder.

Panicking, the boy crouched down to touched the shaking figure but his hand got swatted away as soon as his fingertips came in contact.

Fiesty. As always.

“Cutie.” He called softly. “Why are you crying?”

Sniffles were heard before his eyes met hers. Puffy, bloodshoot eyes looked at him in surprise before it turned into a hard glare.

“What the do you want now?” She growled, wiping her tears quickly with the collar of her T-shirt.

“I’m asking” He said, settling himself next to her. “Why are you crying? Did someone make you cry?”

“Like you make me cry?” She retorted back with clear hatred in her voice, caused him to flinch slightly at the harshness.

He tried to change the topic. “Are you going to tell me why you are crying?”

“Obviously not.” Jamie snarled, standing up to leave.

She squeaked in surprise when Kyungmin pulled her back down.

“I won’t let you go until you tell me.” He said sternly.

“Let me go.” Jamie struggled, but to no avail, to get out of the boy’s strong grip.

“Tell me.”

“Dream on bastard. Let me go.” Jamie gritted her teeth.

“No.”

“Let me GO!”

“Tell me!”

“No!” Jamie shouted as she lifted a hand to slap him but the boy was quicker.

The girl never stop struggling, trying to kick him, punch him but her efforts all went down the drain. Soon he had both her hands pinned onto the walls, towered over the girl while looking directly at her eyes. He saw anger, hate, hurt, sorrow, pleading. Her eyes begged him to stop looking as tears brimmed their corners. Stop making it harder for her than it already was. Please, they said.

He leaned in despite the evident panic in her eyes. She turned her head away to avoid what was coming but Kyungmin got a grip of her chin and tilted her face back to him after pinning both of her wrist with one hand.

Leaning in, his lips brushed lightly against her. Jamie squirmed and pressed her lips tightly together as tears streamed down her face. She tried to scream but it got muffled by Kyungmin. She started to cry again, kicking her legs uselessly.

Please. Stop. Please. She begged silently.

The boy had one hand resting on her cheek, it affectionately with his thumb. He kissed her slowly, lightly, pressing small butterfly kisses on her lips. His fingers came in contact with the soft skin of her nape. Caressing a soft spot just behind her ear, a soft mewl escape the girl’s mouth. Kyungmin immediately enter her carvern, massaging their tongues together lightly.

The sobs died down as she slowly responded. Though she barely moved her lips, she stopped struggling against the boy. Kyungmin smiled into the kiss as he let go of her wrists, letting them free fall. Cupping her face with both hands, Kyungmin took control of the kiss. Pressing deeper and harder, with more passion, he indulged himself into the kiss. His heart sped up as her hands came up to grip tightly onto his shirt. She held the fabric tightly between her finger, enough to tear them off.

When they were both out of breath, Kyungmin pulled back, opening his eyes to be greeted by Jamie with slightly swollen lips, breathed heavily. Smiling at the cute sight, he placed a small peck on her cheek.

“Better?” He whispered as he leaned forward to attach their forehead.

“W-What did you do t-that f-for?” Jamie gulped.

“It hurt less does it not?” Kyungmins winked, kissing her forehead.

She pushed him away by the chest, leaning against the wall in a more relaxed mood. “It’s still not necessary kiss me.”

“Believe me. It is.” Kyungmin said firmly.

Jamie remained quiet afterwards as the two sat next to each other, both staring at the orange sky.

“It’s getting late.” Jamie muttered. “Probably a little over 5 now.”

“It is.” Kyungmin confirmed, looking at his phone’s clock. “You hungry?”

“No.”

“Okay.”

“So you still don’t want to tell me?” Kyungmin asked, hopeful.

Jamie scoffed. “Of course not.”

“Hey.”

“What?”

“Can you stop being so snappy at me?” Kyungmin flailed his arms in frustration.

“Not my fault.” Jamie sneered.

“Can you just let it go? I’m sorry okay?”

“Ask everyone else if they could just let ual harassment go. Not to mention, I hate insincerity. Forgiveness can’t be earned with a flimsy apology.” Jamie spat, poking his chest in progress.

Sighing, Kyungmin got onto his knees, putting two hands ontop. The boy bowed his head, startling Jamie when he shouted. “I’m really really sorry!”

“Yah! You scared the heck out of me. And don’t imitate those poorly directed gangster movies.” Jamie breathed with a hand over her heart.

“Well do you accept my apology now?” Kyungmin peered up hopefully with prepared puppy eyes.

“Cut the puppy act. Seen too many. I’m immune by now.”

“Okay...”

“You know, I forgive you even if you don’t get on your knees.” Jamie said softly as she looked up at the dusty sky. “I don’t hate you anymore. I did, a lot before today.”

Surprised, Kyungmin looked at small girl with saucer eyes. “R-really? B-but w-why?”

Shifting her pose a little, she smiled. “I kinda understand you at some point. Now I think about it. I’m not saying I know everything you’ve been through, I understand why you respond the way you did or did the things you did. It’s life and it s us up along way. You need to understand that and I do. I know when you screw up, you blame yourself and when you couldn’t take it anymore, you started to blame everything else and do tons of you regret. I was ed up, real bad at home. I wasn’t the one at fault but I know partially I’m responsible. After that, I had a lot of ‘ifs’ you know. I wished I didn’t do the thing I do. I wished I could turn back time to undo the things I did. But it didn’t help. Until I started to hurt the people I love the most, I just snapped out of it. You need to punch some sense into yourself you know. Cuz nobody could help you but yourself. I realized I have to move forward. I can neither stall time nor make time wait for me. And here I am today.” Jamie paused, looking at the older boy who listened to every word attentively. “Still ed up as ever.” She chuckled as Kyungmin mirrored her action. “But I’m the most happy in a while. Well not necessarily now but these past months. ”

They looked at each other meaningfully, as if they could read each other. Jamie leaned in, giving Kyungmin a small hug of comfort. The boy returned it, in contrary, squeezed the girl a little tighter against his body. Chuckling, she patted his back. “It’s a little hard to breath here stranger.”

“You may just make me falling head over heels for you all over again.” Kyungmin smiled as he pulled away.

“Stop with the confession game.” Jamie playfully punched his biceps.

Kyungmin pouted, slightly upset when the girl didn’t believe him. “It’s not a game. I’m telling you the truth. I like you.”

“You’re serious?” Jamie raised an eyebrow at the older boy teasingly.

“Yea. I’m serious. Dead serious.”

“...”

“Hey! Don’t give me those ‘no comments’ dots.”

“...”

“Can you please not? Say something at least.”

“You’re nuts.” Jamie blurted out, picking up her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

“You just gonna leave like that?” Kyungmin plead, holding onto her wrist.

Jamie sighed, turning back to face the older boy who suddenly caught her in another surprised kiss. Too shocked to reply, she stared at him with disbelief.

“I do like you. See?” Kyungmin croaked as he placed her hand on his heart. “It’s beating like crazy and freaking hell it’s the first besides when I’m on drugs.”

“Kyungmin-”

“I know.” Kyungmin cut Jamie off, putting both hands in front of her. “You would never consider someone like me. I just to tell you that I like you and it’s legit. I’m not lying, not playing, probably having a little fun making somebody jealous but I really do. I just want you to acknowledge my feelings. That’s all.”

“...okay..”

Kyungmin grinned, satisfied with her answer for the time being. “Well it’s pretty late. I’ll walk you back.”

Taking her hand, Kyungmin tugged the girl outta of the dark alley. “So where do you live?”

“You think I’m just gonna show you there?” Jamie scoffed.

“Then I’ll just walk you to a crowded place then I’m off. Deal?”

Jamie looked left and right. She started to feel slightly spooked with the unfamiliarity of her surroundings. The thing was that she’s terrified of getting lost. The last time had her nearly collasped from a cardiac arrest. Short on options, she swallowed and nodded. “Deal.”

Kyungmin smiled as he started leading. The pair headed out on a quite crowded area. Jamie ooed and aaed in fascination of the variety of different shops and food stalls. The girl’s eyes lit up at the sight of fish cake so she stopped abruptly.

“I want fish cake!” She squealed while manhandling the much bigger boy into the food stall.

“Woa!” Kyungmin cried out in surprise as he was forcefully dragged backward, nearly tripped over his own feet.

Sitting down with a wide grin on her face, Jamie hollered an order of 10 fish cake sticks which arrived steamy hot a couple minutes after. Kyungmin stared, mouth agape, when the petite girl gobbled down  half within 3 minutes.

“Slow down. You’re gonna choke.” Kyungmin laughed, folding his arms ontop of the table. “I thought you said you’re not hungry?”

“Here.” Kyungmin leaned back when a fish cake stick was shoved into his face. With an indifferent face, Jamie stared at the older boy who hesitantly took the stick then went back to devoring the rest of her order.

The boy chuckled as he ate the gracious offer, finding it sweeter than the normal fish cake he had eaten.