Relieved

(un)optional [EDITING]

 

Language was a pain in the brain (more like the ). Jamie loved Korean to death but all this grammar was messing her brain up. Sighing, the petite girl opened the door to the rooftop. It’s her favorite spot. The blowing wind was comforting, accompany by the quietness. Jamie smiled as she propped her arms onto the railing. Her eyes traveled through the buildings, differents vehicle on the roads, pesdestrians and squinted at her beloved afternoon sun. The smoothing voice of K.Will’s blasting through the ear buds, Jamie hummed along with the melody. Closing her eyes, she sang along with the lyrics, making an impromptu duet with the audio. She wasn’t afraid of sing aloud since the rooftop was never occupy. Not a single soul came up here.

----------

Sehun sighed as he dragged his body up the stairs. Being the maknae he is, his complains annoyed the hyungs so they kicked him out temporarily with the excuse ‘he needed some fresh air’. Sehun tousled his hair and huffed at the bangs hanging dangerously low towards his eyes.

I need a haircut. He thought as he reached the top step.

Reaching out for the doorknob, his mumbling stopped when a soft voice was heard on the other side. Sehun stopped halfway as he trying to make out the voice he’s hearing. He recognized the lyrics of K.Will’s Dropping Tears. Curiosity took over as Sehun opened the door. He flinched when it creaked loudly but the voice never stop. Peeking his head, the familiar puff of purple hair was visibly cause Sehun to widen his eyes in surprise.

 

I love you.

I want to yell out and call you, I love you.

I’m sorry I can’t smile as I let you go.

Can’t you look back

 

Because I love you, I can’t stay away even a day.

You know my heart.

Please, look back, please.

 

He always knew she was an awkward dancer but now he completely understand how she passed the audition. Her voice was borderline amazing. It was raw and full of emotion with little trace of training audible. So Sehun stood there and stared at the shortie with her back facing him. He could hear the background music as her voice glid through the slightly chilly wind of early autumn. Jamie shivered lightly when the wind picked up made Sehun snapped out of his reverie. Like on autopilot, he tipped-toe back inside, closing the door as he went. Long legs skipped down the stairs as he ran back to the practice room. Bursting through the door, his hyungs jumped up in shock due to the maknae’s violent entrance. Without giving his hyungs any question, Sehun grabbed his jacket and quickly ran back out.

“...”

“What just happened?”

“No idea.”

 

Sehun raced up the stairs. When he reached the top, Sehun took in a deep breath to calm his frantic breath. He opened the door slowly and smiled in relief when the young girl was still there though now she was lying on the ground with one leg propped up. Silently making his way towards Jamie, he chuckled as her chest heaved up and down, looking all peaceful and comfortable.

What girl lied on the bare ground like her own bed.

 

Jamie was enjoying the rare moments of peace when a soft object came ‘thud’ right on top of her face. Though it did a great job blocking the sun, Jamie was irritated she was disturbed. Swatting the object she suspected was a jacket aside, she scowled at the culprit. Jamie rolled her eyes seeing Sehun’s amused face looking down. She had half a mind to reprimand the boy for disturbing her sleep, half wanted to get lost inside his eyes which shined under the afternoon sunlight or how pretty his jawline was.

“Too handsome for you?” Sehun teased as he sat down beside the girl still laying too comfortably on the ground.

Jamie scoffed but instead of sitting up, she turned over, back facing Sehun to hide her red cheeks. She felt something twisted inside her.

“What are you doing here?”

“Hyungs said I need some fresh air.” Sehun said as he draped the jacket over Jamie small body.

She frowned at the gentleman gesture as her stomach churned uncomfortably. “There’s a lot of other spots you know.”

“The rooftop is the closest.” Sehun smiled when he saw her flinched lightly.

“Out of all people, it just has to be you.”

“I could say the same to you.”

Jamie snorted and sat up while Sehun smiled smugly.

“I hate you.” Jamie stuck her tongue out childishly.

Instead of firing back, Sehun only hummed.

The odd pair of friends sat in silence with Sehun’s jacket around her shoulders. While Sehun was contend, Jamie couldn’t shake off the awkwardness. Sensing the feline’s discomfort, Sehun spoke up.

“How’s dance?”

As expected, he received a tired sigh. “.”

Sehun laughed at her short response before asking. “How’s so?”

“I swear I’m a freaking turtle in my past life. Sorry turtles are cute. But they’re awkward as hell.”

“Needing help?”

Jamie raised an eyebrow at Sehun’s somewhat suggestive question. “Are you offering me some?”

“Maybe.” He shrugged.

Jamie hesitated. She didn't know how to react to the nice Sehun while feeling the most sickening feeling bubbled within her stomach. She desperately needed help though but asking for it made her feel incompetent. And Jamie was anything but incompetent or she could never allow herself to be so. For some unknown reason, she found it acceptable to consider accepting some help. Besides Mr. Lee said she had potential, it’s just she never dance before she joined the company so it took some time to adapt and she understood that completely.

 

“I could use some really.” Jamie breathed but Sehun could her clearly.

Smiling to himself for his recent achievement, Sehun ran his hand through his hair. “When do we start?”

“Eh? Err... you’re busy so it’s your call.”

“Since when did you leave such thing to me? For all you know, I could call you up at like 3 in the morning and made you come to practice.”

“And what make you think I would come?” Jamie smirked.

Sehun chuckled when the usual sass was back, he couldn’t get use to the kind side of the girl though it was beyond nice. “Of course you wouldn’t.”

“But this is not for free is it?”

Sehun smirked as Jamie sighed at the too familiar glint in the boy’s eyes. “You know me so well.”

Rolling her eyes in slight annoyance, Jamie knew something was definitely up. Sehun would never be so kind without a reason or plan.

“What do you want?” Jamie huffed, blowing her long bangs away from her eyes.

“Bubble tea supply for a month.”

“WHAT!?”

“You heard me.”

“YOU CRAZY NUTS BASTARD!! Where do I get money for a month of bubble tea you ??” Jamie spat.

An angry Jamie equal an equally amused Sehun. “If not, no deal.” Sehun shrugged non chalantly.

Jamie bit her lip when she realized this was an obvious lose-lose situation for her. She then realized how clever Sehun was. He knew she hate asking for help, her awkwardness with dancing and her same infuation with bubble tea. With limited choice at hand, Jamie reluctantly gave in.

“Fine.”

Slightly shocked by the girl’s answer, Sehun stuttered. “R-Really?”

“Yea. What? Don’t you dare take it back.” Jamie sneered dangerously which made Sehun gulped.

“I’m not.”

“So do we have a deal?”

“Yea.”

“When do we start?”

“I’ll text you when I’m free.”

“I don’t have your number idiot.”

“Then add it.”

“Phone.”

“No. You. Phone.”

“No. You.”

“Fine.”

Sehun pouted as he handed her his phone. Jamie’s eyebrows furrowed slightly at the sight of Korean characters on Sehun’s phone. Her speaking skills was good but reading always . Though having a hard time typing in her name, she refused help from Sehun. He chuckled mentally at the girl’s stubbornness.

“Done.” Jamie said as she handed the phone back.

Sehun hummed and immediately called her. Jamie jolted when her phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket. Once she saw the strange number, Jamie frowned.

“That’s my number. Add it.” Sehun informed as Jamie’s face softened.

However the peaceful expression disappeared as fast as it came and was replaced by a small smirk. Jamie answered the call instead of simply hanging up. Sehun’s eyes widened when the call was answered.

“Yah. Turn it off.”

“Nope.”

“Yah. It’s my credits you’re wasting shortie. Hang up.”

“Nope.”

Jamie tried to stifled her laughter when Sehun grew aggravated each second.

“Hang. Up.”

“Dream. On.”

“NOW.” Sehun sternly said.

“I. Said. Dream. On.” Jamie spite back.

Growing frustrated, Sehun resorted to the last measure.

“You’re going to regret it.” He threatened.

Laughing, Jamie challenged. “Oooo~ I’m so scared~”

“Final warning.”

“Try me.”

 


“Kyaaahhhaaahahahahahah!! STOP!! Hahahahhahahahaa! STOP STOP. I’M SORRY OKAY? STOPPP!!!” Jamie screamed between laughter as Sehun tickled her.

“THAT’S WHAT YOU GET FOR CHALLENGING ME!!” Sehun bellowed back as he continued to poked her sides.

“Hahhahahahahah! STOP!!! PLEASE! YOU KNOW YOU COULD JUST END THE CALL ON YOURS!!”

Sehun froze. Right. He could. How can he not think of that?

Jamie gradually stopped laughing as she panted heavily. Calming down, she realized Sehun blanking out. And apparently they were in very compromising position with Sehun hovered over her, her back against the ground.

“Err... Sehun? Oh Sehun. Hello?”

“Huh?”

“Mind getting off me?”

Only then Sehun looked down at their position. His cheeks flamed red as he scrambled off the girl. Clearing his throat, he remembered his phone was still getting its credits drained. He quickly hung up the problematic call.

“You-“ They said at the same time.

“You go fi-“ And again.

“I-“ And again.

Both chuckled before Sehun cleared his throat. “You first.”

“Well just saying I gotta go now. It’s my vocal practice time.”

“Umm yea.” Sehun glanced over to see Jamie gathering her belongings before slung it over her shoulders.

“Bye poop head.” Jamie snickered as she sprinted out of the door but not fast enough to miss the irritated yell from Sehun.

“I’M NOT A FREAKING POOP HEAD, YOU FAT CAT!!”

 


Author's Note 

Hic, I'm crying. I'm getting really busy with school work and I can't really think of an idea for the next chapter. You have to things to expect though. Sehun's going to give Jamie some dance lesson. And Jamie agreed in a heartbeat since she's pretty desperate but refuse to ask for help. Being the kind little brat he is, Sehun got himself quite a compromising deal, didn't he? 

I wrote a new story guys. It's a short one, M-rated; only 6 chapters, featuring our Mr. Squishy Kyungsoo. I've uploaded two and I'm currently editing the rest. Check it out below: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/677130/she-we-he-they-us-angst-romance-exo-kyungsoo