Bipolar

(un)optional [EDITING]

“Ne?”

“Give me your phone number.” Tao repeated.

“Excuse me?”

“Just give it to me.”

“Are you trying to hit on me? I doubt it since I’m short and ugly but if you are, I’m not interested.”

“Aigoo, I’m not trying to hit on you.” Tao heaved a sigh. In his life, he had never met anyone as stubborn as this girl.

“Then?” Jamie crooked her eyebrows.

“I’m just…”

“Just?”

“Worried.”

“Why?”

“You may get hurt if I leave you alone.”

“I won’t.”

“Haizz, do I really have to do this?”

“What?”

In a flash, Jamie had no registered of what happened but her iPhone ended up in Tao’s hand. She blanked out for a couple of seconds which was enough for Tao to punch in his number since she didn’t have a passcode. If she did, of course he would pry until she gave in.

“There you go. Imma text you from now on.”

The moment she recovered from the trance, she opened to protest but was quickly dismissed.

“Ah-ah don’t even try. I just text you. It’ll arrive soon.” Tao said without looking up from his phone until the ring was heard. “Ah. It arrived.”

From: Tao oppa~

Annyeong~ It’s Tao oppa.

“Tao o…ppa?”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t remember giving you permission to put your number into my contact list. Not to mention oppa??”

“Yea. Technically. Since you’re younger than me. And I have your number already so even if you erased my number I could still text you.”

“What are you trying?”

“Huh?”

“I think you’re a nice person. But what you’re doing is too friendly. I have no interest in getting friendly with anyone. For your help today, I’m really thankful. I’ll definitely repay you. Now if you excuse me.  I have to go.”

Tao was taken back when the girl gave him a long speech. It flattered him to be seen as a nice person but to have his friendship denied crushed the effect of the compliment. Jamie had already half way to the door. She couldn’t deny the knots in her stomach whenever Tao smiled at her however before those turned into something stronger, she needed to put them to a stop. She had tried to keep her façade as calm as possible.

“You don’t have to repay me. Just reply to my text.” Tao called

She paused her steps for 2 seconds with her back facing him. Those knots came back but she brushed them aside as quickly as possible with a frown.

“Thank you for your help. Again.” And she left the infirmary.

Her phone would vibrate non-stop as she made her way to the bubble tea shop she frequent. She loved bubble tea as much as coffee. Since the coffee shop was further away from building, she would have bubble tea instead when time was limited, like today. There was only 20 minutes left for lunch break so she made a beeline to the bubble tea shop. She was greeted by the friendly ajusshi who worked there.

“The usual my dear?”

“Yes thank you.”

“One pearl milk tea for missy here.” He shouted towards the worker at the back and turned to Jamie. “Wait a little okay?”

“Ne. Ajusshi.”

“You have become skinnier the last time I saw you. Are you eating properly?”

“Really? I’m glad I looked thinner.”

“Don’t ignore me missy. You skipped lunch again didn’t you?” He narrowed his eyes with suspicion.

“Of course not ajusshi. I’m waiting for my lunch here.” She waved her hand with a sheepish smile.

“Bubble tea is not luch my dear. You need to eat something healthier.”

“Bubble tea is pretty nutritious in my opinion.” She argued.

“No it’s not.”

“Are you saying your bubble tea isn’t nutritious ajusshi? The advertisement outside though, said otherwise.” Jamie smirked as she gestured to the board right in front of the shop.

Ajjushi lips twitched upwards before he shook his head. “You little brat.”

Jamie enjoyed this little thing she had with the owner of the shop. She would usually come and hang around just to talk to the older man. He gave off a very fatherly feel which she came to get attached to. Whenever they talked, she felt like all the pressure and stress were all relieved. Sometimes she would stay back and helped with the shop for free. Even though ajusshi refused, she thought she could only do that much to repay him.

“A...ju...sshi.” A boy panted as he gripped the counter hard. He seemed to have run of his life.

“Oh. Sehunnie.” The owner was surprised by the sudden appearance but quickly recognized his frequent customer.

“The… usual….p…lease.” He managed to say between breaths.

“All right. One chocolate milk tea.” He announced as he scribbled onto a piece of paper. “What's up son?”

“I got hold back from the dance practice. The teacher was persistent not to let me go until I got the choreography right.”

He finally looked up from his crouching position as Jamie eyes’ widened. He was handsome, as handsome as Tao. He was really tall since he still towered over Jamie who was sitting on a high chair. She stared at him in wonder. He has a pair of beautiful eyes, strong and piercing yet different from Tao’s, high and lean nose plus small red lips. His pale complexion made him even more pretty.

“What are you looking at?” A voice snapped her out of her daydream. She looked at the pretty boy who had displeased look on his face. She realized that she had stared unblinking for a good 1 minute. He must be feeling uncomfortable she thought as a blush crept onto her cheeks. She was about to apologize but he cut to the chase.

“You don’t have to say anything. Just get away from me.” He shooed her.

“Wha-?” She was shocked when he shooed her away. Rude much she thought. She was hurt at the rude treatment even though she had endured it well for the past month. Instead she told herself to stand her ground and remained unmoving from the chair.

“What are you still doing here? Go away.” He scowled as the stubborn girl refused to move. Creepy much he thought.

“I don’t see why I should.”

“You’re invading my personal space.”

“Right. If you feel that way, how about you move away instead?” She countered.

Sehun had his tongue tied. She was right. But he’s never the type to go down without a fight. If you wanna play this game, it’s on girl.

“Did you fall for me already that you don’t want to move away?” He started.

“Shouldn’t you ask yourself that?” Jamie couldn’t believe her luck. She bumped into 3 different things that she would do her outmost best to avoid since they were all troublesome.

“I don’t see why since there’s no way I would fall for” He stopped and scanned her from head to toe. Now that he checked her out, she was not ugly but not pretty either. She was an average girl with short mushroom hair and tanned skin. She looked like a cat with the small but strong eyes and that curves at the each corners of . She was definitely different from the usual feminine females he saw.

“You.”

Jamie felt insulted when the stranger was so quick to judge her from her appearance. Her bored eyes suddenly filled with anger and mostly disappointment. She twirled her chair towards Sehun and looked him in the eyes. He felt a little uneasy at the sudden change in the air as the girl bored her eyes into his with her hands clenched tightly on the counter. She looked as if she would lunge at him any minute and scarred his face with her claws. Ajusshi was long gone when he sensed the change in atmosphere. He didn’t want to be involved in one of her tantrums again.

“Look pretty boy. I know I’m just an average Joe but that doesn’t mean it gives you to right to judge me just because I looked plain. I usually don’t give a but let’s say I’m in quite a bad mood today and I don’t want to take it out on your handsome face. So if you know what’s best for you, you better shut your mouth.”

“Jamie. Your pearl milk tea.” The older man informed with a hush voice as he placed her order in front of her.

Jamie slammed a bill onto the counter and snatched her drink with the remaining hand. She stomped out of the shop, ignoring the owner shouted for her to take the change. Sehun let out a long breath he didn’t realize he held the whole time. Scary. Was the word to describe his encounter with the feline girl.

“You shouldn’t have messed with her.” The owner pointed out.

“Well that was scary.” Sehun shuddered.

“Last time a customer was making a fuss that her bubble tea was too sweet. We tried to fix it so many times to fit her taste but she kept complaining while shouting at our staff. Jamie was so pissed she dumped plain water into the drink and tell the girl to get lost.”

“Wow. Really?”

“Yup. Smoke was literally coming out from her ears. She sat at the table in corner for half an hour before apologized to me for her behavior.” The owner chuckled. “I wasn’t even mad at her since I would have done that if I were her. But she kept insisting to let her help at the shop since she felt bad for chasing away customers.”

“Hmm…”

“You shouldn’t have . I didn’t know she was in a bad mood though. She was all smiles when she talked to me.”

“So she’s bipolar?”

“Or she just like me.” The older man winked.

“Ew… You sound like a e.” Sehun gagged.

The man laughed at Sehun’s disgusted face while he thought about the cat girl. He found himself interested in the girl even though among all the females he’d seen, she would be easily bypassed. At that time, Sehun didn’t know what he had got himself into. 

 


Author's Note

I really hate writing the ending for a chapter. Either it's going to be an excellent cliff-hanger or just turn out completely awkward. Ugh. Maybe I should start reading books.