Protective

(un)optional [EDITING]

 

Sehun sighed as Jamie dragged her zombie leg across the wooden floor. It was the 7th time they had practiced that particular move but the girl just couldn’t control her own body. It’s like she’s borrowing her limbs from someone else. “Jamie, your right leg is not following the rest of your body. Do it again.”

Jamie immediately redid the routine. She grinned widely when she finally got the leg right but Sehun was frowning like an old man through the reflection.

“Jamie, your hips aren’t following your body this time. Again.” The boy ordered, much to Jamie’s disappointment. She thought she got the moves down. In reality, she could sense her body struggling to execute the choreography.

“Jamie, your hips. Again.” Sehun pointed out. Jamie redid the move and it’s no surprise she’s caught. “You got your leg right but your hips are all wrong now.”

After her several non-progressive tries, Sehun faceplamed himself mentally, trying to stifled his laughter while Jamie transformed the routine into a zombie action movie. Quiet but audible snorts escaped his tight pressed lips, earning a glare from he frustrated shortie.

“This is no laughing matter poop head.” Jamie growled, turning back to the mirror but eyes still glue to the boy who’s on the verge of life and death.

“You would make a great walking dead zombies.” Sehun snickered, smirking when Jamie’s face reddened from annoyance.

Not giving her time to fire back a snarky comment, Sehun placed both hands on her hips, staring straight at Jamie’s eyes on the reflection.

“Move your hips like this.” Sehun said with a serious expression and guided her hips along his counts.

Jamie blushed, noticing Sehun face too near her own. She tried to ignore the hands on her hips and instead her own reflection. But in the mirror, Sehun was there too, staring at her intently. Jamie felt her cheeks heat up even more with his large hands on her hips. After 5 agonizing minutes of swaying aimlessly under Sehun’s guide, Jamie slapped the male’s hands away.

“Let’s take a rest for today. It’s not something you could easily achieve within a day anyways.” Jamie said and tread towards the sofa. She cashed down the comfortable device and sighed tiredly.

“Dancing really isn’t not my forte.” She groaned, voice muffled by the sofa. “I think God enjoy making me a stick instead of a human.”

Sehun chuckled at the lifeless figure sprawled out on the big couch and sat down on the floor next to it. He her head in encouragement. “Don’t worry. You’ll get it.”

Jamie smiled at Sehun’s gentle gesture but swatted the boy’s hand away immediately when he said. “Since you have me as your dance teacher.”

“Arrogant prick.” Jamie growled, sitting up and gulping down half of the content in her water bottle. “Have you learn dancing before entering SM?” Jamie asked Sehun curiously.

“Nope. I started learning here. And I’m, of course, a natural.” Sehun buffed his chest out in pride which earning himself a slap from Jamie. The boy moaned in pain. Apparently the little shortie could pack a punch.

“Shut your trap, arrogant.”

“...okay...”

“I wanna install full body mirrors in my apartment.” Jamie blurted out.

“And? For what?” Sehun raised his eyebrow questionably.

“For practicing idiot.” Jamie rolled her eyes at Sehun’s stupid question as the boy pouted for being called an idiot.

“But NO!” Jamie suddenly shouted, startling the boy. “That’s gonna be like ing creepy.” Jamie dismissed the ideas and shuddered at the thoughts of ghosts and all that scary .

“Scared?” Sehun smirked deviously at the idea of Jamie being scared of supernatural beings.

Finally something fun to pin that attitude down.

Jamie cleared and straightened her back, trying to look as calm as possible. “Not really. Just don’t enjoy seeing myself ever time I pass by the living room.”

Right.” Sehun teased, at the same time, dodging a flying kick from the fiesty girl.

“Shut up.” Jamie scoffed, grabbing her duffel bag and stood up to leave. Sehun quickly held her wrist. “Where are you going?”

“I’m hungry. Need food.” Jamie blankly replied. At that very moment, her stomach growled. Instead of cowering in embarrassment like how normal girls would do, she pointed at her stomach. “See?”

Mouth agape at the girl’s shamelessness, Sehun’s grip on her wrist loosened and girl sprinted out of the door. Chuckling, Sehun quickly gathered at belongings and followed the young girl. He caught up to her in no time with his long legs.

“What are you getting?” Sehun asked, walking along side with Jamie.

“Bubble tea.”

“Bubble tea?”

“Yea. Bubble tea.” Jamie deadpanned monotonously.

“How can you drink just bubble tea for lunch? You need to eat properly.”

Jamie groaned in annoyance. “I do what I want.”

“No you don’t.” Sehun grabbed Jamie’s wrist and dragged the girl towards the cafeteria, surprised the little girl. Before she realized it, Sehun already ordered 2 bowls of jjamppong*.

[*Chinese seafood noodles]

“Ya, who ask you to order whatever you please?” Jamie scowled.

“I know you like jjamppong so just eat it okay?” Sehun smiled and Jamie shut up for the meantime since she really did like jjamppong. How did he know?

Sehun lead her towards a table in the middle, ignoring all the attention they got. Except Jamie couldn’t.

“Hey, can we not sit in here?” Jamie asked in a hushed voice.

“What? I thought you don’t give a what others think?” Sehun propped his chin on top of his palms, grinning in amusement at Jamie’s discomfort.

“I don’t.” She gritted her teeth, shifting her body in the process, made Sehun laughed.

“Shut up! You stupid mushroom head!”

“So now I’m a mushroom head?”

“You’re a mushroom poop head. Now if we don’t move, I’m leaving you with 2 bowls of jjamppong.” Jamie threatened.

Sehun shrugged and stood up. “Okay as you please.” He grabbed her hand before she could protest and they settled with a small table in a quieter corner.

“Aaah~ Much better.” Jamie plopped down with a contended sigh.

“So you prefer quiet place.” Sehun asked, trying to start a conversation.

“Hmm, not really. I just prefer eating in peace.”

“Nobody is bothering you though.” Sehun scanned through the premise then leaned back comfortably.

“Excuse you. The whole reason people were staring is because I’m with you.” Jamie pouted, crossing his arms across her chest.

“I don’t see anybody staring.” Sehun shrugged which annoyed Jamie even more. Jamie stood up, ready to leave the nutjob with 2 bowls of jjamppong to deal with until her stomach decided it’s the perfect time to growl, louder than before.

Sehun chuckled as Jamie huffed and sat down, childishly mumbling curses at the male across from her. Two minutes in, the jjamppong arrived much to Jamie’s joy. Sehun noticed how hard the girl tried to eat the noodles slowly and bit his lips harshly. No matter how shameless she looked, at this point he couldn’t help but find everything she did as adorable as hell. He knew he was ed up pretty badly.

“Yah, I know you’re hungry but don’t stuff your face with noodles. You’ll choke.” Sehun warned, remembering the fish cake incident.

“I’m not stuffing my face with noodles and I’m not gonna choke.” Jamie retorted, slurping up noodles into her puffed cheeks.

“Yah! You look like monkey right now. Slow down!”

“Just shut up and-” Jamie suddenly froze and coughed up a storm, hitting her chest as she choked on a piece of noodle. Sehun quickly handed her some tissues and water while scolding the young girl.

“I told you so. See now? Twice it is that you choke on food.” Sehun nagged as he helped Jamie wiped away the excess around . However Jamie had her eyes somewhere else, unfazed by the intimate gesture.

Sehun noticed the girl petrified state, he asked confusedly. “What are you -?”

From afar, a guy and a group of girls walked towards their table. Sehun didn’t recognize the girls but he just knew he didn’t like them. The guy seemed familiar enough but he felt pretty lost when he saw how Jamie’s face gradually contorted into a painful expression. And what was that? Fear?

Jamie’s grip around the cup of water tightened, knuckles whitened. Why at a time like this? What did they want from her? Fair enough, she’s not around Tao so why were they here for?

“Hi little birdy. Nice to see you again.” The boy cutely leaned down to Jamie’s eyesight and winked.

The ultimate rolled her eyes at the boy’s behavior. He never acted that way towards her. Not even flirty not to mention acting cute. She was about to throw a rude comment towards Jamie when she realized she had a companion. And not just any companion.

“Hi Sehun-ssi. Are you having lunch?” She batted her eyelashes flirtatiously, raising her voice up an extra octave.

But all she got was silence from the said boy who was busy staring at Jamie’s interaction with the other boy. Her eye twitched in annoyance. Nobody dared to ignore her! She hit the boy’s back, drawing his attention back to the situation at hand.

“Yah! Don’t hit me !” He whined and rubbed the sore area with a pout.

“What the hell do you want?” Jamie growled, her hand around the glass shook as she gripped it even tighter. Sehun, surprise by her change in behavior, could only think of calming her down. He grabbed her shaking hand and it lightly. Jamie turned towards him and smiled in gratitude.

“I miss you so I come to see you.” The boy said, like it’s the most obvious thing ever.

Jamie cringed at his gentle voice. How fake and disgusting. “And I don’t feel the same way so get the out of my face Kyungmin. Before I ruined your idol dream.”

“Wow as fiesty as I could remember.” He winked again, making Jamie shuddered in disgust.

Kyungmin? I don’t remember his name... Ah! I remember now! The guy from last time when Jamie got lost. What the hell is he doing here?! Is he still harassing her???!!!

“Oh hi Sehun-sii. I believe we’ve met last time. My name is Kyungmin.” Kyungmin smiled sweetly and extended his hand for a casual handshake.

Sehun ignored the friendly gesture and looked back at Jamie. “I believe we have.”

Retracting his hand, Kyungmin linked his hands behind his back as the spoke up.

“Hi Jamie. Hi Sehun-ssi.” She greeted in the same manner previously which was subsequently ignored.

“Who are you?” Sehun asked with a poker face, completely annoyed by all the unwanted guests interrupting his ‘lunch date’ with Jamie.

“Oh, I apologize. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Sarah Kim. 2nd year trainee.”

“And your business here?”

“W-What?”

“If you’re done introducing yourself, you can leave now.” Sehun deadpanned, turning his attention back to Jamie, eyes demanding answers.

“Sehun..” Jamie hush-whispered with pleading eyes. Please don’t make this any worse.

Sehun seemed to get what Jamie wanted to say, he clenched his jaw and folded his arms around his chest.

Sarah on the other hand, was fuming like a volcano. Not only she was ignored but dismissed. DISMISSED! No one, not even her parents, shooed her away like a dog. UNACCEPTABLE!

“Jamie. I have something to tell you.” Sarah smiled menacingly, eyes sharp like a hawk.

Jamie rolled her eyes and stood up. As she got out of her seat, Sehun grabbed her hand.

“Jamie...”

“It’s okay. I’ll be back.” Jamie smiled, giving Sehun’s hand a little squeeze.

Sehun’s eyes followed the small figure as it disappeared at a corner. He sighed worriedly. He remembered her telling him she was bullied by that group of girls. Now he’s even more worried. He knew she could beat those girls up black and blue but what if that called somebody twice her size.

“She’ll be okay. She’s a strong girl.”

Sehun looked at the direction of the voice. Ugh this piece of is still here.

“What do you want now?” Sehun sneered.

“You like her, don’t you?” Kyungmin asked, looking nonchalantly at his nails.

“And what if I do?” Sehun raised an eyebrow in challenge. So he’s good at reading people. I see.

“Then you have competition.” Kyungmin crossed his legs and leaned back, smirking.

“You?”

“Maybe.” Kyungmin shrugged.

“You know what.” Sehun said, leaning forward and glared at the male sitting in Jamie’s previous place. “I don’t care if you like her or not. Just know that if you hurt her, I will personally castrate you.”

Gulping down the last of his noodles, Sehun left the table and went to find the cat girl, leaving Kyungmin alone with a smirk on his face.

Interesting. It’s been a while since I have so much fun.

 


Author's Note 

Hi guys. I've been trying to update but it's been pretty hectic for me this past week plus the fact I'm lacking ideas. Now Kyungmin and Sarah are back. Who's curious what's Sehun gonna do to protect Jamie? The next chapter will be in Jamie's perspective. The last 2 has been Sehun's. Tao will make an appearance soon too. And maybe the busybody Baekhyun as well. Look forward to the next chapter!!

I just wanna thank you all the readers that subscribe to my story. I know I'm still lacking a lot and I'm always try to improve. By subscribing you guys really made my day and motivates me a lot. THANKS!! *bow*

xoxo

P.S: Special thanks to baby babyblueunicon for upvoting and koleslaw for commenting. Thanks a lot guys. It meant a lot to me. LOVE YA!!~