Wounded

(un)optional [EDITING]

 

"Where the heck could she be?" Sehun mumbled to himself as he paced around impatiently in EXO's dorm. He had ran around for half an hour after losing her to the traffic but no luck on locating her. The girl knew how to hide when needed. 

He tried to dial her number but it never reached. He finally concluded she must have turned it off after 20 consecutive tries. 

He was restlessly worried then angry as the thought of Tao popping up in his mind then anxious because he knew how easily Jamie could get lost. The boy was scared out of his wits since it was the first time he was restless over somebody other than himself. 

Gosh, what should I do with this girl? He cursed while furiously ruffling his hair. He couldn't think of a place where she could possibly be at. And to his surprise, he didn't notice the creaking sound of the front door and a familiar presence beside him, peering with great interest and amusement. 

"Are you okay Sehun-ah?" A kind smile graced his face as he looked at the maknae with both excitement and curiosity. It's rare. Very rare, for him to show as many emotions as of now when his face contorted into varieties of expression, concern mostly but nonetheless more than he ever had. 

"O-oh hyung. What are you doing here? I thought you guys have dance practice?" The young boy looked mildly shocked at his leader hyung unexpected appearance but somehow paid less mind to it because his fingers never stopped fiddling frantically on top of his knees. 

Glancing worriedly at the young boy, Suho felt obligated to find out what's wrong because it started to freak him out a little. "What's wrong? Can you tell hyung about it?" 

Too caught up in his thoughts, he missed Suho's question. The older boy now got really worried as he clasped a hand onto the maknae's shoulder, successfully pulling him out. "Sehun ah?" 

"Huh?"

"Tell hyung what's wrong." Suho repeated. "Something is bothering you." 

The boy was this close to biting his nails because honestly he didn't want anybody to know about what's going on. The sole reason was because it wasn't about him. He was, in a sense, a bystander who was accidentally caught up in between this matter and it's not exactly his position to do so either. It felt like a privacy invasion, something which he knew Jamie hated. 

"I really don't want to hyung since it's a pretty private matter. Long story short, Tao hyung and Jamie had a major fall out. And Jamie kinda gone MIA. And I'm worried she might got lost since she's terrible with directions. I tried to find her for half an hour, I called her phone which she didn't reply to any of those 20 and I'm freaking out right now because apparently this one nasty girl hated her guts and I'm afraid she might get hurt or in serious trouble. That's all I could tell you hyung." 

Suho stared at Sehun like he just ran a mile a minute because that's a very shocking turn of event. Tao was in the hospital for his frequent fainting session again and Jamie was nothing but worried sick over the boy's well being then how were they fighting now. Something must have gone very wrong. "Okay... well that's still a little hard to stomach but Tao and Jamie had a major fallout? How's that possible?" 

"Well- wait I'm not supposed to tell you. It's just very private hyung. I would tell you if I could hyung. It's just... You'll see. I bet they would avoid each other like a plague. I really feared for their relationship. And seriously I really don't know what Tao hyung was thinking. He's like the biggest fool ever. He ed up big time you know. Like big time. I don't think this time anything will turn her back to him. I really don't want to think about the possibilities but I really don't want their relationship to spiral down. It's too sad." 

"Sehun, you're confusing me. What did Tao do so bad that Jamie might hate him forever?" Suho questioned, trying to coax the story out of the loose-mouth maknae though he suddenly shot up, startling the leader. 

His eyes widened as the boy gripped his shoulders, shaking them hard. "Hyung! Do you perhaps know where she lives?!" 

"N-no?" 

"Ugh! You know nothing! Tao hyung must know where she lives but I don't really wanna talk to him right now... Who else would know??" Sehun scratched his neck absentmindedly. 

"What's up with Sehun?" Baekhyun asked, surprised Suho who stared at the maknae like he's gone mad.

"He's going crazy because Jamie went MIA. He's been like that ever since I came back." Suho sighed heavily, not knowing what to do with the young lad. 

Baekhyun blinked repeatedly since it's actually hard to believe their normally nonchalant maknae actually cared so much for someone besides his family. "Wow. He must be head over heels for her. I've never seen him this distraught before. But what exactly happened? Why is Jamie MIA?" 

"Well he didn't actually tell me something I could understand. It's like he blurted out whatever was in his head. All I know is that Tao and Jamie had a major fallout then Jamie just went MIA. Tao apparently did something really stupid and that their relationship might go down. Beyond that I have no idea what's he talking about." Suho shrugged. 

"From what you told me, I just know 's going down." Baekhyun whispered, finally taking a seat next to the leader, all the while keeping his curious gaze on the pacing maknae. Boy, the young lad hadn't stopped mumbling to himself while pacing back and forth. It was honestly amusing but by no mean he forgot that Jamie was indeed still missing in action and he knew she got lost easily too. 

"He tried calling her number?" 

"He told me he did. Somewhere around 2 dozens calls but she never picked it up," 

"For the love of Jesus, that's not good." 

"No Sherlock. Sehun kept asking me where she lives." 

"Really?" 

"Yea. Do you perhaps know? You guys are pretty close." 

"I do." 

"YOU DO??" 

The older boys jolted upwards in shock as Sehun hollered like a mad man. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!! WHERE DOES SHE LIVE!??" 

"On the f-fifth floor?" Baekhyun whimpered, slight freaked out by the boy's unusual behavior. 

"She lived here?!" Suho gasped. 

"Y-yea. Me and Tao hung out with her once and we walked her back." Baekhyun croaked, trying to calm his racing heart with a hand over the said spot. 

"What room hyung?" Sehun panted as he struggled to fit both arms into his light checkered jacket. 

"503." Baekhyun unhesitantly answered, still staring in shock while Sehun ran straight to the front door, carelessly put both feet into a random pair of sneakers. Upon realizing it was smaller than his feet, he figured it must be one of his hyung's. "Sorry hyung! I'll be borrowing your shoes!" The boy barked before bolting out; the door slammed shut loudly, echoing through the small dorm. 

 

"What... just happened?" Suho breathed out, slowly turning to Baekhyun who kept his gaze of the shut door as the boy shook his head. "No freaking idea. But one thing for sure, love made you do s you don't even understand." 

 

 

"Is it my shoes or yours did he take anyways?" Suho quirked an eyebrow, earning an eye roll by Baekhyun. Way to ruin it leader.

 

"Hurry up! Hurry up!" The boy bounced on the balls of his feet, rubbing his hand together in slight panic. One part he couldn't quite stomach the fact that she was always this near by, making him a little excited. One part he couldn't stop worrying whether she made it home safely, hopefully she didn't get herself in serious troubles. 

His ears perked up as the elevator dinged to a stop as he didn't hesitate to jump in, punching the fifth floor button hurriedly. 

The metal doors opened and he bolted out again, running straight to the right only to realize it was on the opposite direction. Arriving in front of the door, he confirmed it was indeed 503 and wasted no time pressing the doorbell. He waited for 10 secs before pressing it the second time but nobody replied. "Gosh, come on." 

Reckoning she must not heard or not in at all, he abused the bell furiously. "Come on, come on, if you're not home, then where could you be?" 

After he decided to give up, he didn't expect the door to swing open, banging into his nose again

"Stop pressing the ing doorbell whoever the you are." The girl scowled irritatedly, not particularly cared about the fact her face was sticky from tears, eyes swollen while her hair was beyond recognizable ball of hay. 

"Hngg..." A whimper escaped his lips because god, it hurts so much. Why did it always had to be him who got a door slammed into his face?

Jamie stared at the curled up figure in front of her door for 1 minute before realizing she had slammed the door again into Exo's visual face."S-Sehun?" 

"H-hey there." He shakily waved at her, trying to crack a smile which ended up looking pathetically like he's gonna cry.

"God. I'm gonna kill myself one of these days or the big boss gonna kill me instead. I'm so sorry Sehun-ah." Jamie croaked as she crouched down to his level, peering at his face, checking that specific injury. "Jesus. Come on. Let me see." Jamie cooed, gently removing his hands away from his nose. She winced as the area held a dread shade of red. 

Jamie stretched her long sweater's sleeve to damp away the stray tears at the corner of his eyes, making Sehun's cheeks tinted pink in embarrassment. 

"Come on. I have some of that cream the nurse gave you. Let's apply it quickly." Jamie ushered as she tugged Sehun up by his forearm and led him inside. 

The boy flung his hyung's shoes off carelessly as Jamie guided him inside. The girl let him sat down on the sofa slowly before running to the bathroom to search for the first aid kit. He sighed as his came in contact with the softness of the sofa. He let his eyes follow through her apartment. Here and there, he could see different types of clothing, draping over the head of the sofa, kitchen chairs even on the coffee table. A cup of half drank coffee and ramen packs scattered on top of the kitchen counter. The whole place was dimly lit and for some reasons, he could like the warmth it gave. And the fact that the slight messiness made him like it even more. Or maybe he just liked everything about her. Oh dear, Sehunnie, you're so ed. He laughed mentally. The sheer reality that he's alone with his secret crush's in her own place dawned to him quite late as she finally came back with her big frame glasses on, tied up apple style fringe and sleeves brunched up to her forearms, had him blushed madly at the endearing sight. 

"Sorry, it took me a while. I tend to forget where I put my things." She smiled though it didn't quite reach her eyes. Sehun scotted over a little to give the girl some space. She smiled silently as a thank, setting out some cotton and sterilizer. Pouring the liquid onto the cotton, she motioned Sehun to turn to face her. "It may hurt a little. Just bear with me okay? Oh it'll be a little cold too. Bear with me." 

Sehun nodded, closing his eyes as Jamie slowly damping the area around his nose. "Tell me if it hurts." 

He hissed at the sudden coldness, startling the girl a little as she jerked back. "It's okay. It's just cold." 

Jamie gulped before gently wiping his nose, occasionally asking whether it hurts but he shook his head before damn, it felt good to have her touching him even if it wasn't directly. 

After she finished cleaning the area, Jamie squeezed out a small amount of the cream and slowly apply it to the bruise. "Does it hurt?" 

"No. Just keep going." Sehun assured.

"Okay. Tell me if it hurts okay?" Jamie worriedly reminded him, making him chuckle at her motherly side. She's always worried, just too shy to show it. 

Jamie furrowed upon hearing Sehun's laugh. "What?" 

Shrugging, the boy grinned. "It's just cute because you never say you're worried. But you do." 

"I'm not!" She protested, blushing because Sehun just called her cute. Because she's not!

"You are." Sehun retorted, pinching her cheeks. 

"I'm not! Now stay still and shut it before I punch your nose." 

"okay.."

Clicking her tongue, Jamie resumed applying the cream onto the bruise, deliberately poking it a couple of times just to spite the boy, masking it as accidents but Sehun knew better however didn't dare to oppose the small girl. 

"Done." She announced, screwing caps back onto the tube and cleaned up the mess. Sehun helped throwing the used cotton while she went to put away the kit. 

"So... What are you doing here Sehun?" Jamie asked as they plopped back down onto the couch. "How do you know where I live anyways?" 

"I'm just worried after you know... And I might went ballistic and Baekhyun hyung told me in fear of his life." Sehun mumbled like a little kid caught stealing cookies from his mother's jar. 

"About that, just don't think about it too much. It's sunbae's and my problem. You don't have to feel bad about what happened." Jamie smiled, propping both legs up and wrapped her arms around them as she set her chin on top of her knees. 

"You know you don't have to go through this by yourself right? I'm here if you ever need help." Sehun looked at her with concern and sincerity, making her heart swell a little. 

"Thanks Sehun-ah." 

"No problem." Sehun smiled, flicking the 'apple' bundle, earning a small squeal from the girl. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry, couldn't help it. It's screaming at me to touch it." He laughed, flicking it a few more times despite Jamie's effort to push him away. 

"Stop it! I'm not kidding poop head! I'll freaking punch your nose if you don't stop!" Jamie screamed amist all the giggling. 

"Okay! I'll stop." Sehun laughed, putting both hands up in surrender. 

"Tch. You never listen unless I threaten to punch you. You really are a poop head."

"I'm n-" Sehun protested while snickering at the young girl but quickly froze when a new presence settled on his laps, purring in delight. 

"Oh, he likes you." Jamie smiled, behind the being's ear as the purring intensified. Sehun stared at the orange creature with wide eyes, dare not to move a limb. 

"Come on. Give him a little . He likes you." Jamie laughed, urging Sehun's to pet her little baby but the boy just shook his head, remained unmoving despite Jamie's plead. 

"Are you perhaps... scared of cats?" 

A small and trembling 'yes' confirmed her suspicion as the girl snickered, removing the little creature off the boy's lap. 

"Well this little fellow here is really nice. He won't claw you. See?" Jamie smiled, waving his little paw. "He likes you too so he won't hurt you." 

Sehun eyed the small harmless creature as Jamie slowly placed him back onto Sehun's lap. The little fellow purred as he curled himself into a small ball, flicking his tail lazily when Jamie the sweet spots behind his ears. "I saw him in a typical paper box near the bubble tea shop when ajusshi told me how he kept hearing mewls but couldn't find out where it came from. So I went over to the place where they collect the garbage and found this little fellow, yelping and shivering. Poor baby." Jamie cooed as he wrapped his furry tail around her wrist. 

Sehun stared at the girl as she smiled, rubbing the sweet spots behind the cat's ears while it purred contendedly, leaning into the touch of his kind owner. "The best way to overcome your fear is to face it." She suddenly spoke up though didn't cast him a glance, continue her ministrations on her little pet. "You just need to give it a try, a small touch. I assure you it won't hurt." She said softly, finally looking at Sehun with such gentle eyes, he gulped, feeling himself falling deep into the abyss of those jet black orbs. 

As if he's hypnotized, the boy slowly moved his arms, unclenching his closed fist, gradually approaching the small creature on his laps. Sehun flinched when he shifted, head now facing the boy instead of his tail. He swallowed and looked at Jamie for assurance which the girl gave as she nodded, motioning him to continue. Sehun bit his lips, reaching out with his fingers, as featherly as possible, trying to touch his orange fur. As his finger tips came in contact with the soft fur, he jerked his hand back immediately on instinct while Jamie chuckled. She took his hand, giving it a squeeze and slowly guided it towards the orange feline, lightly pressing his finger tips against the soft fur. He bit his lips so hard as she smooth his fingers along the contours of his head, over and over again until Sehun's muscle relaxed under her touch. She removed her hands as Sehun continued to pet the litten kitten as it purred in pleasure. Her lips tugged up into a genuine smile as Sehun's started to do so. 

"Who's a good good boy?" Jamie cooed adoringly, tickling him behind his furry ears. Sehun grinned. 

"So... you adopted him?" Sehun asked as they both showered the orange creature with pets. 

"Yea.. It's been 2 weeks now. I'm surprised how easily he warms up to me consider he was abandoned. I can't say I hate who ever abadoned the little guy since I'm happy to have him but people seriously need to fix their pets if they couldn't take care of a large number knowing how cats reproduce all year long." She scowled. 

"Seriously? All year long?" Sehun raised an eyebrow at the surprising information. 

"See? People just don't know." Jamie sighed irritatedly.

Sehun smiled at the sight of a slightly frustrated Jamie and her strange ways to display affection. "Well considering the fact I was scared less of your baby just half an hour ago." He reasoned. 

Looking a little guilty for snapping at the boy for no reason, Jamie pursed her lips together in a pout. "Right sorry. I just don't get what people think sometimes." 

Humming in reply, Sehun continued to pet the little guy who now looking very suspiciously asleep under his comforting touch. He suddenly remembered how Jamie hadn't called the little creature by a name yet. "Oh yea.. what's his name?"

Jamie visibly stiffened at the question as Sehun raised an eyebrow at her odd reaction. The girl bit her lip before muttered an answer so small Sehun nearly missed. 

 

 

"Peach. His name is Peach." 

 


Author's Note 

Well this chapter is slightly longer (I think...) than the others. I really wanted to write a little more but it felt like the good place to stop. 

P.S: My A/N is always so boring so here you go. 

20130310-013157.jpg(picture credit to the rightful owner)

I have a freaking obsession with Sehun's legs. No kidding. And his hips too. 

Help me T^T~