Furious

(un)optional [EDITING]

 

Jamie didn’t expect much to happen for the rest of the week. And true to her predictions, nothing significant ensued. Except for the fact that she’s hanging out with In Hye a lot because they had the same dance schedule so they occasionally spent lunch together. Her newly found friendship made her happy, somehow lowering the tension between her and two certain boys. 

Jamie visited Tao everyday, like she promised. Whenever she entered the room, Tao always gave her those heart-stopping smile. For an unclear reason, the raging heart beat she usually experience wasn’t raging anymore. They would stare at each other for no one knew how long, wordlessly, motionless. Just stares. Both somehow waited for the words to just flow out naturally between them. Though his eyes still managed to make her heart fluttered and her cheeks flared red, they didn’t hold the same addiction that she’s drawn to in the first place. Jamie often wondered if it was just her who changed. 

As for the younger male, Jamie avoided him like a plague. She kicked him out after that sudden kiss. She refused to answer his calls, even his attempt to make any contact. She ignored all his efforts, along with his existence. One might not be able to understand her but she knew it’s the best she could do now, taking in consideration of her own instability. It didn’t mean that her heart didn’t jolted when she caught him, staring at her with such sad eyes. 

“You’re okay?” Jamie snapped out of her reverie when Kyungmin poked her forehead. Her furrowed brows naturally relaxed, replying as casually as possible. 

“I’m fine.” She smiled, sipping on her favorite beverage. 

“Liar.” Kyungmin crossed his arms in front of his chest, sulking a little for the lack of attention from a certain someone. “I could see it on your face. You’re worried about Tao and Sehun.” 

“I’m not.” 

“Yea you do-” 

“Doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about them.” Jamie closed her eyes and leaned forward, propping her chin onto her folded arms. 

“Yea yea, deny it all you want.” Kyungmin pouted and puffed his cheeks, resembled a child who had gotten his candies stolen. 

Jamie raised her eyebrows at his unexpected anger as she leaned forward. “Are you mad?” Jamie asked, poking Kyungmin’s cheeks. 

The boy swatted her hand away irritatedly and mumbled. “Of course I am.” 

“Aww, don’t be mad. I’m sorry. Hmm?” Jamie plead, pinching his cheeks. Kyungmin tried to swat her hands away but they kept coming back to his cheeks. Jamie giggled at his futile attempt to shoo her away. 

“Okay okay! I forgive you so stop it!” Kyungmin shrieked and flailed his hands around. Jamie laughed as she released his red cheeks. 

Kyungmin whimpered as he rubbed his sore cheeks. “You are so evil. I swear you’re the biggest wolf in sheep disguise.” 

“And you’re so whiny when you’re not erted.” Jamie stuck her tongue out before sipping on her chocolate bubble tea. She frowned a little, realising how she forgot to keep her part of the deal with Sehun. 

He must have forgotten to remind me. She sighed.

Kyungmin suddenly tugged her forward by her wrist. She was about to snap at him but he was quicker. “Isn’t that Sehun?” He whispered, his eyes pointed to the ordering counter. 

Jamie was afraid to turn back but when she did, Sehun was staring right at them. His face was as blank as ever, void of any type of emotions. She swallowed the invisible lump in as they locked eyes. Despite the expressionless face, she could see them all in his eyes. She could tell how angry, frustrated, disappointed and sad he was. How she must have stomped on his heart. Without a word, she abruptly stood up, grabbing Kyungmin’s hands and entwined their fingers, much to the boy’s surprise. 

“We’re leaving.” She announced, keeping her head low and dragged the older boy out with her petite body. 

She didn’t allow Kyungmin to say a single word nor return Sehun’s questioning eyes. She just strode out of there in quick steps. Half way through, she stopped and panted like she had ran a marathon. 

“You’re alright?” Kyungmin asked in concern. 

Jamie’s chest heaved up and down as she sniffled. “Y-yea, I’m alright.” To convince him, the young girl flashed him a smile but the corners of refused to curve up. 

Shaking his head at her stubbornness, Kyungmin released their entwining fingers and surprised her by cradling her head against his chest. “You’re so stubborn, it’s painful to watch kitten.” He chuckled. 

Jamie smiled as she reciprocated the hug and wrapped her arms around his torso. Jamie’s eyes closed as Kyungmin thread his fingers through her hair. “You have me you know. You don’t have to bottle it all up. Just talk to me. I don’t care if they don’t make any ing sense. I’ll listen.”

Jamie felt her nose stung but she held it in. Jamie wrapped her arms tighter around Kyungmin’s waist as she whispered. “Thank you.” 

“No worries.” 

 

 

“Hey, you’re okay?” Luhan poked Sehun's forearm as the boy refused to respond to any of Luhan’s attempts to talk to him.

“Hopefully…” 

“Is it about Jamie?” Luhan asked as they sat down at a table in the corner. 

“It’s always about her.” Sehun sighed, no longer bothered to conceal anything. “It’s always been about her.”  

“You like her a lot, I see.” Luhan smiled, resuming his annoying poking habit on his cheeks. 

Sehun frowned and swatted his finger away. “Stop it hyung. It’s annoying.”

“I know.” Luhan smirked as he retracted his hand. 

“You’re intolerable.” Sehun growled, sipping on his bubble tea angrily. The Kyungmin and Jamie issue already agitated him enough. Luhan wasn’t making it any better. 

“So, what? Jamie kicked you out after you kissed her and pretended you don’t exist. And then you caught Jamie with another boy in uh- compromising… positions?”

“You make it sound like I walked in them having . They was just… you know… very close to each other.”  

“Well I see this isn’t just plain jealousy. It irks you that Jamie is intimate with another boy? I mean Tao and her was pretty close before that happened. Why does it concerns you this time?” 

“It concerns me because Kyungmin and Jamie were never close in the first place. Then suddenly one happy afternoon, they’re all over each other. It doesn’t make any sense. Even someone with no love experience like me know it’s not possible for two people who were at each other throats to get together over night.” Sehun threw his hands up in frustration. He had been bottling it up for a week. It’s pretty nice to have someone to talk to. 

Luhan eyed his younger band mate and smiled. “What are you going to?” 

“Grow a pair, probably. I can’t just let this continue. I saw her less than half an hour ago. Here, with Kyungmin. She just stared at me like an alien and took off with him. Holding hands. Pretty sappy. And irritating.” He ended it with a grumble and clench his fist tightly together, showing his hyung just how it upset him greatly. Sehun was never a very good liar. “It makes my blood boils.” 

“That’s good.” Luhan avowed. Sehun turned to his hyung with questioning eyes. What did he mean? What’s good about this situation at all? 

“What do you mean, hyung? There’s nothing good with sitting here like a gaping duck when the girl you like went off with another guy.” Sehun sneered, completely misunderstood Luhan’s smirk. The young boy thought his hyung was having fun with his misery. 

“It’s good because before you know her, you barely have any expressions at all. You’re like a statue. You pushed people away and delved in your own world. You never tell anybody how you feel. Not to mention, feeling positive emotions towards girls. I could count with my fingers, aside from EXO, how many friends you have. Ever since you know her, you smile more, talk more, and what? Become much happier. And that’s what we’re trying to get you to do. She did it. Singlehandedly. She’s good for you. It’s too bad she fell for Tao and now probably the Kyungmin kid. But you sense it didn’t you. That’s their relationship is odd. Jump in for that opportunity. Get to the bottom of it. You need to get all the facts before assuming anything. For all you know, that kid may had something up his sleeves. Show her she could trust you. After that stunt Tao pulled, it might be harder but one thing for sure. She need someone she could depend on for this period of time. Show her you could be that person.” Luhan squeezed Sehun’s shoulder and gave him eye crinkling smile, telling his dongsaeng that he meant every word he said. 

Sehun may or may not had became a little teary. He always had problems making friends. And to meet these amazing people was like living a dream. His hyungs always tried their best to make him feel comfortable, with them and with himself. They always told him that being the person he was, was completely alright. He didn’t have to ask himself why he didn’t have a lot of friends. He didn’t have to go around and pretend to be someone he wasn’t. And that they appreciate him for him not anything else.

“Thanks hyung.” Sehun croaked as he enveloped his hyung in a manly hug. The smaller boy squeaked as he was squished against strong arms of the group’s maknae. He patted the boy on the back as he buried his face in his hyung’s neck. 

“Thank you.”

“No problem, kid.” 

 

 

“We need to do something. The situation was getting out of hand.” A shrill, girly voice growled as she propped her chin on top of her folded arms. She was beyond furious. Nobody defied her. She’s the queen and the queen always gets what she wanted. 

“Kyungmin apparently was hanging around her these days. They were seen being beyond friendly with each other. He was following her around like a obedient pet dog.” Another voice spoke up, deep baritone with disgust in his voice. He couldn’t believe that his leader would succumb to a girl. 

“I should never have trusted Kyungmin. He always display his displeasure to my presence clearly. I initially thought blackmailing would do the job but it proved to be ineffective. We need a different approach to this matter all together.” Her eyebrows drew together as she tapped her long finger nails on feathery sheets of her duvet. 

The male beside her trailed his fingers along the expanse of her back, indulging the softness of her porcelain skin. She was his angel. The most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on. And he would do anything for her. “What do you suggest?” He asked before pecking her shoulder. 

Before the girl could say anything, a loud slam followed by the door being swung open. She jolted up in shock, clutching the blanket against her chest. “What the ?! How can you get in here!!??” She yelled the intruder as he glanced back and forth between her and her companion. 

The handsome intruder smirked and her cheeks pinked once the initial shock passed. “I see you’re busy with something else beside formulating a plan to kill me.” The boy grinned as he strode towards the tea table in the middle of the huge room. 

Serving himself a cup of fine tea, he hummed upon tasting the extravagant ‘beverage’. “I told Jamie I like her.” He declared casually, like it was the most normal thing to say to a person whose life you’re set out to ruin. 

“What?!” She yelled. “Are you ing kidding me, Kyungmin?!! Because I don’t like that kind of joke!” 

The boy laughed as he twirled the cup with his fingers. It’s amusing to see the little missy angry. It’s pretty satisfying, considered it’s always her laughing at his misery. “Chill out missy. Jamie and I are developing a steady bond. I offered to become her ‘pillar’ and she took it. I can be pretty convincing you know.” He winked.

The girl’s eyes softened as her heartbeats picked up. He never failed to gave her that effect. He’s insatiable. “So what are you saying exactly?” 

Kyungmin’s face immediately hardened. He walked towards the couple, with nothing to cover their ness. He lowered his face to her level, staring at her straight in the eyes. She clutched onto her companion’s arms tightly, frightened by his sudden approach. 

“What I am saying is that. Beside the stuffs you got on me, don’t you one second think you control me because you don’t. If not for my sister’s sake, I would out you sorry long ago. I am my own person and I won’t hesitate to ruin your pretty face if you dared to put your chains on me like you did to this ‘obedient pet dog’.” He glanced at her male companion whose face was reddened from anger. “I have one objective and I’m planning on completing it. Because I want to not because you want me to. So if you dare to intervene in any way, I’ll kick you . I won’t ing care, little Miss Heiress.” He snarled before straightened up. 

As he walked to the door, Kyungmin waved two fingers with his back turned to couple. “Take my advice Kim. I hope we won’t have to meet under the same circumstance again.” And he exited the room, not even bothering to close the door, exposing the indecent act between two minors. 

 

Her tightly clenched fists were shaking as tears welled up at the brim of her eyes.

“Kill them.” She hissed while salty tears rolled down her rosy cheeks. They’d pay for this. She’d pay for this. 

She shouted as she grabbed the closest item and swung it towards the floor. “I’ll kill all of them!” 

She keeping yelling admist crying as the expensive ceramics flew across the room, shattered all over the marble floor. Everyone was making fun of her! This is not to be tolerated. 

In between all the chaos, the boy desperately tried to calm his loved ones down, hugging her to his chest. The girl resisted as she hit and scratched him across the forearm in an attempt to break free but he didn’t let go. He endured and hoped for her to stop crying. It hurt seeing her like this. 

“Hey! Hey! Calm down! It’s gonna be alright. Just calm down for now! Okay? I’m here. I’m here…” He cooed softly into her ear as she cried loudly, trying to push him away. 

“LET ME GO!” 

“I’m not letting you go! Just calm down Sarah! Whatever it is, I’ll take care of it. I’m here for you. Forget about him..” He whispered and caressed her hair. “Just forget about him.”

Muffled cries slowly turned into sobs then sniffles as she buried her face into the crook of his neck. He only knew that she needed a comforting touch and continued holding no matter how long. 

“Ji Woo…” She croaked, voice slightly cracked from all the shouting. 

“Hmm?” He hummed, still cradled her head against his shoulder. 

Sarah suddenly pulled away, looking at Ji Woo with determination. “Do me a favor.”

“Anything for you.” He smiled, tucking her hair back behind her ears and smoothing his thumb over her right cheek. 

“Make that squint Jamie suffer.” She gritted her teeth harshly together when that dreaded name slipped through  

Pecking her luscious lips, Ji Woo smirked. “Consider it done.” 

 


Author's Note

Sorry for the disappearance T^T. I kinda accepted too many outside projects during the break and got occupied. To make it up, I'm currently writing the next chapter and it's nearly done. Hopefully I could post it soon enough so you guys don't get bored with my story lol. Anyways here's a picture of Ji Woo, our newest character. I might be adding too many orginal character so he's definitely the last one. But he's really cute so I hope you forgive me for confusing you with tons of different personas in one story. 

I hereby present our newest resident to (un)optional ~ !

(All rights reserved to the owner of this picture.)

He's kinda hot, more than cute I guess. Look at the tattoos, it's so alluring. :3