Day out as Hei Ryung Part 1

Boys Scare Me

Chapter 16

A week has passed and you finally figured out how you were going to execute your plan; you walked out of the school gates with the note Mrs. Park was so kind to give to you, even though you didn’t pass a test yet, and ran to your oppa’s house.

You swiped your spare key and walked in, knowing that your unni and oppa are out, and went straight to your Unni’s room, just need some of my clothes and that wing… maybe a little make up too … oh and a bag, so I can change right after… yeah.

 

You finished yourself up and looked at yourself in the mirror, smiling that you finally look like yourself again; you then grabbed your bag and head out the door.

 

You put your wolf hoodie up, although the sun was blazing, and walked toward your schools gate.  As you walked you ran into someone and was about to fall backwards, but that someone caught you; you looked up and was face to face with Luhan, “Mianhae, I didn’t see you there.”  He smiled and helped you get steady; you shook your head and turned to the side where you saw a soccer ball roll away.

Luhan looked at your profile, thinking that you remind him of someone, before he could say anything you ran after the soccer ball, twirling it with your feet; Luhan smiled and ran up next to you, “You play?”  You looked at him and dribbled the soccer ball to your hands, “Ne,” you looked side to side, Taemin’s not here yet… “Could I play with you guys?” you asked before you could shut your mouth.

Luhan tilted his head and then looked at his friends who were crowding around the gate, “Hold on,” he said as he ran to them.  “Yah Luhan, we need the ball,” Kai sighed as he leaned on the gate.  “I know, but can she play with us?”

“Who?” Sehun asked as he walked over with Taemin at his side.  Luhan pointed over to you, who was scissoring the ball from side to side as well as dribbling.  Sehun cocked his head, “Is that Hyun Shik?” he asked mostly to himself, but Taemin heard and then looked over at the same direction; he smiled and ran up to you.

 

“Hei Ryung!” he called out as he was a few feet away; you turned and dribbled the ball back to your hands, “Taemin?” Just act like you don’t him as if trying to recognize.  He nodded and you walked over, “It’s been a while hasn’t it?”

“Ne, it has…” you paused, “Hyun Shik told me that you wanted to tell me something in private that he can’t even know… what is it?”  Taemin rubbed his nape then looked at the ball in your hands, “Oh! First we should return this and maybe you could play with us… if that’s ok?”  You nodded, following him to the group that formed in front of the gate.

“Guys, this is Hei Ryung… Hyun Shik’s twin sister,” he introduced you.  There was a moments silence until, “No wonder you looked familiar!  I was first thinking that Hyun Shik was cross-dressing like Lay and Chanyeol over here.”  The others agree and Sehun walked up, “Are you sure he isn’t cross-dressing?  There’s no way he has a twin sister.”

“Ani, this is Hei Ryung,” Taemin said, “We’ve known each other since we were little.”

“Did you also know Hyun Shik?”

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head towards you; you bit your lip and spoke, “When we were little Hyun Shik lived with our harabeoji, because he went to a private school close to their house.”  Taemin nodded understanding, “So when that happened he had to leave with you guys?”  You nodded and then looked up at the confused people, “Play,” you lift up the ball.  They all smiled except Sehun, who was looking you up and down, “Let’s invite Hyun Shik… I’m sure he will love to see his twin sister.”

“Ne! Then we could see if there skills match too,” Taemin smiled.  You widen your eyes and shook your head, “Ani, you don’t have to do that… I only really came here to speak with Taemin, so if you would excuse us,” you walked away from the gates in a speedy fashion; Taemin bit his lip, “Well maybe next time,” and ran after you.

“Hei Ryung I think they would need that,” Taemin smiled, pointing to the soccer ball; you looked down to see it still in your hands, “Oh…”

“I could run it back to them if…”

“No need,” you turned and noticed you were a good few feet away from them; you prompt the ball on your foot aiming in a certain direction, lifting it up in the air before side kicking to your target, here’s a preview just how scary I can be… you swiftly turned away and walked, having Taemin gape before turning to you, “You just hit Sehun in the gut.”

“I did… hmm to bad I was aiming for his head.”

“What?”

“N-nothing, so where are we going?”  You asked not stopping, this is weird that I’m actually having a conversation with a boy… well I guess not that weird; Taemin scrunched his face in thought and then said, “Let’s go to Blackjack first I’m starving and then we could go to Chu~ Café.”  You nodded, not saying a word.

 

You both sat at the corner of the restaurant after a moment of silence and ordering and getting the order you sighed, “So what was it that you wanted to say?”  Taemin picked up his chopsticks and played with his noodles, “Well first I wanted to know what happen when they caught you in the hospital… what did that ‘man’ do.”

You blinked and shuffled in your seat, “I don’t remember,” It’s the truth I only remembering being taken away.  Taemin sighed and nodded, “I was told you had amnesia… I guess you haven’t fully gotten your memory back after all these years… I’m glad that you at least recognized me, but to be honest you’ve changed.”  You nodded, understanding that your exterior changed a lot, that there is barely anyone who recognizes you, well except your parents and Bora… even Ryeowook didn’t really recognize you at first.

“I’ve guess being traumatize changes more than your exterior huh?” you asked more to yourself, but Taemin heard, “Hei Ryung, mianhae.”  You furrowed your eyebrows, “For what?”

“Running away that day.”  You gaped and shook your heard, “Ani, its ok… it’s instinct; I would have done the same thing.”  Taemin nodded and sighed, “I shouldn’t have though because I left you alone you…”

“Is this what you wanted to tell me?” you interrupted completely irritated that he’s bringing it up, not only are your dreams not helping, but also hearing it from someone else is drawing the line.  “Ani, it’s just that…”

“You!”  You jumped and looked up to see someone pointing at Taemin, What’s going on?  Taemin gaped, “Hyung!”

“So you ditched our day together because you said your hyung needed help at the hospital, but I see you’re on a date… how could you?” the man pouted cutely and then looked at you, “But I guess I’ll forgive you since she’s pretty… Hi I’m Kim Kibum, but please call me Key, cause I could be the key to your heart,” he held out his hand which you just poked.  He laughed and sat next to Taemin, who involuntarily moved.

“You know what I’m going to call the others; I bet they’ll love to meet your little girlfriend!”

“Hyung!”  Key pouted as Taemin took his phone away, “Is this how you should treat your hyung?”

“You’re scaring her hyung…” Taemin sighed as he looked at your pale face.  Key simmered down, “Ah mian…” he smiled at you and you just turned to Taemin, “Umm… should I leave?”  Taemin bit his lip and shook his head, “Ani, but I wish he’d lea… yah!”

“And there… oh, they said there on their way!” Key smiled in triumph as he read the text.  “Oh God… now no one can leave,” Taemin muttered under his breath.  You were about to say something, but, “OUR TAEMINNIE”S GIRLFRIEND IS SO CUTE!!”  

“I know right! I’m so jealous!” Key pouted and then realizes he doesn’t even know your name, “What’s your name?”  You blinked and then pointed at yourself; Key nodded holding in a squeal at your cuteness, “Kim Hei Ryung.”

There was a moment of silence; Keys face grew serious, “You’re Kim Hei Ryung?”  You tilted your head and nodded; Key blinked, looking at you intently and then suddenly stood up, “I think I should go…” he left as quickly as he came.  “That was weird,” one of the others said as they all squeeze in Taemin’s side of the booth.  “Oh my… Guys just one of you go on the other side.”

They all laughed and the tallest of them all sat beside you, “Hei Ryung, this is…” he started from his left, “Onew, my other real hyung; Jonghyun; and the one beside you is Minho.”  You nodded at them and then they started to talk about what happened earlier.  “I don’t know why Key left like that...” Onew started.

“Do you know him Hei Ryung, like… never mind that wouldn’t work since he would’ve known how you look like… what kind of person only remembers the name?”  Jonghyun looked at you and tilted his head.  You shook your head as well as Taemin, “I’ve known her longer and she moved when she was about 10 or so… so there is no chance Hei Ryung would have met him.”

“Maybe she has, but since it was so long ago, she doesn’t know how he would have looked like… here…” Onew grabbed his wallet and took out a picture, “This is a picture of all five of us when Taemin was your age; from the left it is Me, Minho, Jonghyun, Taemin, and little Key… since he WAS the shortest… YAH!” he rubbed his arm where Jonghyun punched him.  You grabbed the picture while Taemin said, “She remembered who I was that’s why her brother approached me, so I doubt she knows Key.”

“Well, who knows and beside you looked like that since you were five… everyone from our childhood could recognize you in a heartbeat, ”Onew said sticking out his tongue, then turned back to you, who was still looking at the picture, “You can keep that… I have more copies at home.”  You nodded, keeping your eyes on the picture: Onew was a bit chubby with huge cheeks; Minho had really long hair and his eyes didn’t fit his face; Jonghyun was the tallest of the bunch; Taemin still looked the same as he always did; and Key was short and had straight pitch black hair that hanged over his eyes.

You grabbed onto your head as you felt your brain pounding against your skull, “Hei Ryung? Hei Ryung, are you ok?”  You looked up at them and quickly put the picture in your purse as you staggered your way up, “Ne, I just need to go!” you ran out of the restaurant before they could say anything.

Onew sighed a ate some of Taemin’s noodles, “I’m not paying the bill.”

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong!! I came back with a little bit longer update as an apology for not updating as fast as when I first started, but anyways… I hope you like this update and I also hope it’s not at all confusing.  Stay Tuned^^

Treat:

large.gif  This what?! This What!!!?? hahah^^