Chapter Forty Two

I Don't Love You!

Chen POV

 

I am sitting on my bed with JongSeok, waiting for Xiumin to come back with his bottle. Xiumin didn't want to take JongSeok out of the room because he has a tiny fever but Suho said it wasn't anything to worry about and that we need to give him medicine by using a syringe and putting it in his mouth.

 

When I first saw Xiumin, I only did want him for lust but when he sprained his ankle, I felt like I did a horrible job protecting my mate. I felt so bad that when he let me carry him back to his room, I started to have different feelings for him.

 

Being from the same pack as Kris and Suho when we were younger did bring rivalry but it was friendly instead of enemy. I always beat Suho in competitions when we were kids, that he always got mad at me and whine to his parents.

 

My dad was the beta of Kris' dad's pack. Kris' dad always had my dads last opinion on everything that I always looked up to him for everything.

 

One time our rival pack got into a fight with our pack. My mom hid me in her closet with herself and Suhos' mom and Kris' mom. I sat on my mom's lap while she had her hands covering my ears. I heard Kris' dad howl and knew that the the fight was over.

 

We went out into the living room and I saw my dad on the couch with blood gushing out of his arm. He told me not to worry that he'll be fine and that we'll be together as a family. I saw my mom cry her heart out while she his head. He told her he loved her one last time before he closed his eyes.

 

Since that day, I've been cold to anyone that I meet. I wanted a strong mate, not a weak one. I didn't want to lose someone else that's important to me. My dad was my everything and seeing my mom so upset over that really hurt me because I had to step up and grow up faster than everyone else.

 

JongSeok's whinnying brought me back to reality. He looked around the room with those tiny eyes, that he got from me, and those chubby cheeks that I want to pinch all the time. I gave him his stuffed polar bear and he started to clap his hands in excitement.

 

When I told my mom about JongSeok's birth, she wanted to see the baby. Since she lives far away, I sent her a picture and she called me and squealed over the phone. I gave the phone to Xiumin and she told him all the does and don'ts of taking care of a baby.

 

JongSeok started to cry when he saw that his mom wasn't in the room. I quickly brought him in my arms and tried to calm him down but he wouldn't stop crying. I don't know if it was me or if Xiumin had a way of making him stop crying.

 

Xiumin came back in the room and saw that JongSeok was crying and that I was trying to calm him down. He gave me the bottle and I handed him JongSeok. He bounced him up and down and said soothing words to our baby. Eventually he calmed down and Xiumin feed him.

 

Sometimes I wonder how I'm lucky to get such a great mate and a adorable child. I love them both and if anything happened to either of them, I would have to kill someone.

 

"Did you contact your friend?" Xiumin asked as he fed JongSeok, who was looking around the room.

 

Yeah, Taemin wants to bring Taeho in a couple of days when JongSeok is better." Xiumin nodded but I knew he was upset with having to chose a mate this early for our son. "Babe, you know it's better now than later."

 

He sighed softly and looked at me with those adorable eyes. "I know sweetheart but JongSeok and Taeho are still babies. I think it's ridiculous." After JongSeok was done with his bottle, Xiumin put him on his shoulder and started to pat his back.

 

"You know we have to chose his mate when he's a baby." He sighed but nodded again.

 

When JongSeok burped, Xiumin put him down on the bed and started to rub his stomach while I rubbed his leg. He fell asleep and I heard a little snore from him.

 

I leaned forward and kissed Xiumin's lips. "I love you." He smiled and kissed mine.

 

"I love you too."


A/N:

Short update because I'm tired.

So the story is coming to an end and then I'll work on the sequel!

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3