Assigned Seats

Pinky-Promises

The next day, Taekwoon and Jaehwan walked into the classroom to see a seating chart being projected on the board. They were delighted to find that they were assigned next to each other, but as luck would have it, Hakyeon was assigned right behind Taekwoon. The pair sat in their seats and waited for the arrival for the tan one. They were both mentally preparing themselves for what was to come.

Hakyeon slammed into the door and tripped into the classroom just before the bell rang, and he let out a shaky laugh. He stood up, and everyone had the joy of seeing his hair sticking up in several different directions. A few girls giggled, and Hakyeon blushed as he tried to fix the bush that was his hair. After fixing his hair, patting the seat of his pants, and gently closing the door, he bounded over to his seat. He smiled widely at everyone, including Jaehwan (which surprised the both of them), and plopped onto his chair.

Taekwoon decided that not only was Hakyeon irritating, but he was also too cheery. Taekwoon didn't like seeing so much light radiating from one person. Taekwoon slowly turned his head to look at Hakyeon, and he got a muffin shoved to his face.

"Do you want this? It was supposed to be my breakfast, but I'm not really hungry. I'm actually really thirsty. Do you have any water or something? I'll give you this muffin if you give me something to drink. Actually, you can just take the muffin, but I really need something to drink. It's not fun running a mile because you missed the bus. At least I'm in shape enough to do that. Anyway, I'm really really thirsty. but seriously, take the muffin. It's chocolate. I'm not really feeling the chocolate right now. I want some banana milk. Banana milk sounds real good right now. I'm really thirsty. Oooh ooh oh oh. Quiet. Quiet. Quiet! We're about to greet the teacher." Hakyeon ended his babble with shushing noises when the teacher walked to the front if the classroom.

Everyone stood and greeted the teacher politely, and they all sat back down for attendance. After letting the teacher know that they were indeed in the classroom, the students talked until the bell for first period rang.

Hakyeon kept insisting that Taekwoon take the muffin, and the latter was getting tired of refusing. Taekwoon got a short break when Hakyeon went around the room while asking for something to drink. When he returned, however, Taekwoon just snatched the muffin out of his grip and stuffed it into his bag.

"I'll just eat it later." Taekwoon mumbled, and Jaehwan stared at him in horror.

"Taekwoon! That could be poisoned! I wouldn't be surprised since he kept insisting that you take it!" Jaehwan glared accusingly at Hakyeon.

"Hush it duck-face! I was just trying to be nice." Hakyeon paused to down the water he was given. "If the muffin was poisoned, I'd have been trying to give it to you, not Taekwoon."

"Idiots." Taekwoon whispered under his breath, but Jaehwan heard him.

"Taekwoon." Jaehwan pouted, and Taekwoon rolled his eyes. "That wasn't very nice. If you're going to call me an idiot, don't stick me in the same category as him! Call him a mega-idiot or something. I bet I'm smarter, anyway."

"Jaehwan, your grades..." Taekwoon smirked as Jaehwan tried stopping him from continuing his statement.

"Fine! Just...ugh!" Jaehwan groaned, and Taekwoon slightly smiled.

Taekwoon had a feeling that homeroom would be interesting everyday.

 

Chorus was pretty boring to Taekwoon. Well, it was when you didn't count the times where Hakyeon was trying to get his attention, Jaehwan was trying to get his attention, Hakyeon and Jaehwan were arguing, and all the girls were fawning over him. Apparently, they thought he was extremely attractive on top of being a good singer. Taekwoon never really saw himself as attractive. His sisters called him adorable every once in a while, and his mom still called him her 'handsome baby'. His dad also called him 'the future womanizer due to extremely good looks inherited by the amazing father that you should thank for the extremely good looks'. There was also that time Jaehwan got mad at him for being 'ten times more handsomer and twenty times more adorabler', when they were seven, but Taekwoon didn't see himself as attractive.

It was irritating how he was getting so much attention, and he felt uncomfortable. He wasn't accustomed to people wanting to be near him since he was avoided as a child. He only wanted to go into a corner and mess around with Jaehwan like he always did. Taekwoon didn't like chorus. He loved music and singing, but he was seriously considering dropping the class. The only thing that kept him from marching over to the teacher and (quietly) demanding to be let out of the class was Jaehwan. Taekwoon knew that his best friend would be upset if he dropped the class. They already had very little classes together. Dropping chorus would make it even less. Taekwoon would really have to learn to exercise his patience.

 

Second period irritated Taekwoon. Actually, Taekwoon got irritated quite easily, but his second period class really, really irritated him. There was no Jaehwan to accompany him, but there was a Hakyeon. A loud, overly-confident, annoying Hakyeon. A Hakyeon that turned around at every second just to say hi. A Hakyeon that waved at every girl that spoke his name. A Hakyeon that would not stop screaming after seeing a tiny spider on his desk even after he destroyed it with his textbook. Taekwoon was certain that Hakyeon was secretly a girl.

 

Third period was much calmer, and Taekwoon enjoyed the quiet. It wasn't actually quiet, but it seemed like it since neither Jaehwan nor Hakyeon were present in the classroom with him. He was upset about the absence of Jaehwan, but he was glad that there was nobody bickering right in his ear. There were a few girls that giggled about him every now and then, but they weren't as bad as the ones in chorus. Taekwoon just hoped it stayed that way.

 

Fourth period was a class that Taekwoon was looking forward to yet dreading. Jaehwan was in the class, but Hakyeon was too. Taekwoon knew he'd develop a headache once he walked through the door. Jaehwan and Hakyeon were pulling a desk back and forth while glaring at each other. Taekwoon looked to the seating chart on the board and groaned. They were fighting over who got to sit next to him.

"Taekwoonie sits next to me!" Hakyeon shrieked at Jaehwan and yanked harder.

"You did not just call Taekwoon, 'Taekwoonie'. What are you, a girl? He sits next to me!" Jaehwan pulled the desk with a little more force, and Hakyeon shifted forward slightly.

"What right do you have, duck-face!?"

"He's been my friend for six years! I'm pretty sure that gives me a right."

"How about you let the poor guy breathe. Let him make new friends!"

"He doesn't need new friends! He has me!"

Hakyeon smacked right into the desk after Jaehwan pulled at it one last time. The former landed on his bottom with an 'oof', and glared at Jaehwan. A few girls shrieked, and one ran over to Hakyeon to pull him to his feet. She stared angrily at Jaehwan, and some other girls glared at her.

"Jaehwanie is so strong. He's better than Hakyeon. Jaehwanie is so attractive." The girls gushed over Jaehwan, and he cringed at the high-pitched voices.

Taekwoon walked over to both boys, and the girls scampered back to their original seats. Taekwoon mentally sighed at being avoided again. He grabbed the desk and placed it exactly in the center of Hakyeon and Jaehwan's desks. Dumping his bag on the floor, he sat in his seat and raised an eyebrow at Jaehwan. The latter quickly sat down, and Hakyeon followed suit. Taekwoon's mood was dropping more and more, and he didn't know how he was going to survive the rest of the year.

 

Fourth period was lunch period, and that was another thing that Taekwoon looked forward to in the day. He got a hold of his lunch and sat across from Jaehwan at the table closest to the windows in the lunch room. Without a single word, Taekwoon began quickly eating his lunch. Watching him, Jaehwan sighed.

"You're getting food all over the place." Jaehwan was given a glare.

"Don't care." Taekwoon went back to his food, and was soon finished. "Are you going to eat yours?"

"Yes, I am. I'm just going to eat it in a more civilized way." Jaehwan proceeded eating his food in a way that Taekwoon deemed barbaric.

"Hypocrite."

 

Fifth period was another class of torture for Taekwoon. Once again, Hakyeon was in his class. Taekwoon wanted nothing more than to duct tape Hakyeon's mouth shut. Apparently, math wasn't Hakyeon's forte, for he was always asking questions and blurting that he was confused. It didn't help that the class had to do a partner assignment that very day. It definitely didn't help that they had to partner with the person at their table. It made Taekwoon want to break something because the person at his table was Cha Hakyeon.

Taekwoon quickly learned that Hakyeon was a touchy person. Hakyeon was constantly poking him and ruffling his hair. Taekwoon had an urge to snap Hakyeon's arm in half. He was also getting tired of Hakyeon just copying the answers. The boy wasn't even trying. Hakyeon took it upon himself to lean into Taekwoon and copy whatever answers he had gotten. Taekwoon not only thought that Hakyeon was secretly a girl, but he also thought that Hakyeon would fail the school year.

 

Sixth period was a relief to Taekwoon. He had gym, and he was able to avoid Hakyeon due to running laps considerably faster than the latter. Jaehwan was able to match his speed, so they were able to talk. The two boys talking mostly meant Jaehwan complaining to Taekwoon about his teachers. Taekwoon didn't mind it, though. He was used to Jaehwan complaining about everything.

The gym class played soccer in addition to running laps, and Taekwoon was extremely happy. Soccer was his favorite thing, along with singing. He was disappointed that nobody in his gym class played well. In the end, he sat out because of the continuous goals he was scoring with ease. Jaehwan continued playing, but Taekwoon knew that it was only because of Hakyeon. Taekwoon saw Jaehwan constantly getting in Hakyeon's way. Every time Hakyeon had the ball, Jaehwan would kick it away from him. Taekwoon found that his eyes were a bit sore from rolling them so many times.

 

On the bus ride home, Jaehwan was silent. Taekwoon would have been worried, but he knew that Jaehwan was just exhausted from his little competition. As Jaehwan's best friend, Taekwoon would've given him his water bottle. The only reason he didn't was because Jaehwan jumped on to him and demanded to be carried. Taekwoon was going to enjoy watching Jaehwan suffer.

 

A/N: Hello everyone~~~! I'm sorry for not updating over the weekend. It was a busy weekend for me. Busy weekends are rare for me, but when I have them, they are BUSY. Also, HAPPY BELATED HALLOWEEN! How'd you guys spend your Halloween? I was a cat. *meow*

This chapter was basically a general outlook on what Leo's school days are going to be like for the rest of sixth grade. Next chapter will be Ken~~~! The next chapter will mostly likely be late again. I'm sorry!

*throws a feast of cookies as a form of apology*

*brownies too*

*apples if you like fruit*

LOL N is secretly a girl.

Oh, Leo...what are we going to do with you?

Please let me know if you find any typos or grammatical errors.