Halloween

Pinky-Promises

"Taekwoon." Jaehwan poked the center of the said boy's forehead.

The two boys were currently at Jaehwan's house, planning Halloween costumes. Well, Jaehwan was planning for the two of them, and Taekwoon was nodding absent-mindedly. Jaehwan continued poking at Taekwoon's forehead and calling out the latter's name before Taekwoon grabbed Jaehwan's hand and bent his finger back. Jaehwan wasn't expecting this, and he let out a loud yelp until Taekwoon let go.

"What do you want?" Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan, bored.

"I was just thinking it would be nice if you wore this as a costume." Jaehwan turned his laptop so that Taekwoon was looking at the screen, and he was soon staring at his empty hands and a furiously typing Taekwoon. "Taekwoon? I'm sorry...?"

"You should wear this, then." Taekwoon turned the laptop to face Jaehwan, and the latter's eyes grew wide with shock.

"Taekwoon! Were you really that mad about me saying that you should where a kigurumi? I'm sorry, I swear! But really, a Brazilian bikini!? You're so evil..." (I'm soooo not linking you guys to a picture of a Brazilian bikini. Just...no...) Jaehwan pouted as his entire face grew red. "I'm not a woman. And if I were a woman, I would never wear that."

"Fine." Taekwoon went back to typing away at the computer. "How about this?"

"What the heck!? Taekwoon!" Jaehwan's face grew a shade darker at the embarrassment. "I think you're just using this as an excuse to look at pictures of half- women."

"Fine, fine." Taekwoon started typing again. "I'm serious this time. How about this?"

"Huh?" Jaehwan blinked rapidly at the picture on the screen. The blush on his cheeks quickly disappeared. "But Taekwoon..."

"If I'm really going to wear an animal onsie for Halloween, you are too."

"Yay! I'll ask my mom to order them now." Jaehwan ran out the door, and Taekwoon was left staring at the empty space where Jaehwan just was.

"Wait, Jaehwan! I was kidding! Don't make me wear that thing!"

 

Taekwoon ignored Jaehwan the entire day at school. He couldn't believe that the latter's mom actually ordered the lion and monkey kigurumi for Halloween. The entire time, the woman was going on about how adorable the two of them would be. Jaehwan wouldn't have minded the ignoring. Honestly, Taekwoon has ignored him before. Jaehwan would have been fine since he knew that Taekwoon couldn't go more than a day without talking to him. The thing that put him in a sour mood for the entire school day was that Taekwoon opted to talk to Hakyeon. And not only was he just talking with Hakyeon, Taekwoon was being friendly with him!

Jaehwan couldn't stand it. His best friend was being friendly with his worst enemy. Jaehwan wanted to march over to the two and smack them both. He didn't though. He didn't want to be screeched at. Or slapped back. Hard. Besides, Taekwoon would probably end up even angrier than he already was. Well, Taekwoon wasn't angry. Taekwoon was embarrassed. But he would become angry if Jaehwan walked over and slapped him.

Jaehwan's ears perked up during gym when he heard Taekwoon talking to Hakyeon about trick-or-treating.

"Are you gonna trick-or-treat?" Hakyeon looked up at Taekwoon curiously.

"Yes." Taekwoon answered one word, which was normal toward everyone but Jaehwan.

"Who are you going with? Duck-face?"

"Jaehwan." Taekwoon corrected Hakyeon. "You can come."

Jaehwan couldn't help himself. He marched right over there and gave Taekwoon a light bop on the back of his head. He was originally going to smack him, but he thought better of it at the last scond. Jaehwan couldn't believe that Taekwoon had just invited Hakyeon to go trick-or-treating with them. Taekwoon has said himself that Hakyeon was irritating, so why?

"No, he can't come." Jaehwan gave Hakyeon a glare, and he got one right back.

"Yes." Taekwoon nudged Jaehwan with his elbow.

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes." Hakyeon interjected quickly. "I'd really like to go."

"Well, you can't." Jaehwan crossed his arms stubbornly.

"He can." Taekwoon glared at Jaehwan pointedly.

"But why!?" Jaehwan barely kept himself from screeching.

"He's not that bad." Taekwoon mumbled out the statement just barely loud enough for Jaehwan and Hakyeon to hear.

Hakyeon smiled brightly and moved to give Taekwoon a hug. Naturally, Taekwoon pushed Hakyeon away once he was close enough. Jaehwan was upset. He didn't understand. Taekwoon ignores him for one day and decides that his worst enemy wasn't that bad? Next thing you know, Taekwoon was going to say that Hakyeon was his new best friend.

"Fine. But this means that I can invite someone else." Jaehwan smirked when Taekwoon shifted uncomfortably. "I'm inviting Hongbin and Wonshik."

For the rest of class, they talked about their costumes. Jaehwan didn't like being in Hakyeon's company, but it was actually bearable when they weren't arguing. But then again, Hakyeon did direct a smug grin at him every once in a while. Jaehwan didn't get why Hakyeon suddenly thought that he was better than him. It wasn't like Taekwoon actually said that Hakyeon and him were friends. Jaehwan hoped that that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

 

Halloween came around, and Jaehwan couldn't contain himself. Even if Hakyeon was going to be trick-or-treating with him and Taekwoon, Jaehwan was excited. Besides, he'd have Hongbin and Wonshik to distract him from Hakyeon. He ran down the stairs and was thrilled to find that the kigurumi for him and Taekwoon had arrived earlier that day. Jaehwan quickly tore open the box and pulled out his monkey kigurumi. He didn't hesitate in putting it on. Once he did, he grabbed Taekwoon's and ran out the door.

Taekwoon opened the door to see Jaehwan on his porch, looking ridiculous. Taekwoon couldn't help it. He took one glance at Jaehwan and laughed right in his face. Jaehwan didn't take it to heart. He had a feeling that Taekwoon would react like that. Of course, Taekwoon immediately stopped laughing when Jaehwan unfolded the lion kigurumi and shoved it into Taekwoon's arms. Taekwoon wanted to rip the thing apart, but he knew that if he did, Mrs. Lee would have wasted her money.

Jaehwan was yanked into Taekwoon's house and pulled up the stairs to the latter's room. Taekwoon quickly closed the door and stared at the item in his hands. He soon dropped it and covered his face, groaning in embarrassment. Jaehwan was muffling his laughter, but Taekwoon didn't have the heart to throw anything at him.

Luckily, Taekwoon was given time to wait before putting on the kigurumi because the doorbell rang. He quickly walked down the stairs and opened the door to find Hakyeon, already dressed up. Taekwoon was surprised at the costume. It was nothing like Hakyeon had described it to be. It was an elaborate costume. He had black makeup that looked like it was dripping from his eyes, all black clothes, and false black wings attached to the back (Hyde era). Hakyeon gave a smile that didn't fit the costume and walked through the front door.

"Hi! Where's your costume? Why aren't you dressed up yet? I mean, we're going trick-or-treating in like an hour, right?" Hakyeon was talking a mile a minute, but like Taekwoon, laughed in Jaehwan's face when he got a look at the kigurumi. "You're wearing that? That's ridiculous! What, do you actually think you look cute in that? Please, I would look much better in a kigurumi."

"Whatever. We all know that I'm the cutest here." Jaehwan flinched when Taekwoon gave him a judging look. "Ok, I'm not really the cutest here. If we had to say who was the cutest here, it would be Taekwoon."

Jaehwan laughed as Taekwoon lunged for him. Taekwoon caught him quickly since the kigurumi limited Jaehwan's movement. Taekwoon gave Jaehwan a smack on the side of the head before he let him go. The entire time, Hakyeon watched with wide eyes.

"I didn't know you could be so scary." Hakyeon took a step back when Taekwoon turned to him.

"Trust me, it's worse when it's aimed at you." Jaehwan escaped another smack to the head when the doorbell rang again.

This time, Jaehwan went to open the door since he knew who was on the other side. Jaehwan was surprised to see Hongbin and Wonshik in matching costumes (On and On era). Jaehwan stepped back to let them through the door. The two didn't seem to find anything strange about Jaehwan in a kigurumi. They shuffled in awkwardly and looked around the space they were standing in. They shrank under Taekwoon's gaze, and Jaehwan laughed.

"Come on, don't be scared! This is Taekwoon and Hakyeon. Taekwoon and Hakyeon, this is Hongbin and Wonshik." Jaehwan smiled and waited.

Hongbin slowly stretched out his hand, and Hakyeon enthusiastically grabbed it and shook it vigorously. Taekwoon just gave Hongbin a slight shake of the head in acknowledgement. Wonshik held out his hand, and Hakyeon shook the former's hand with just as much enthusiasm as he had with Hongbin, if not more. Wonshik looked and Taekwoon and received the same method of acknowledgement as Hongbin.

Taekwoon left the group as they introduced themselves more. Jaehwan followed him up the stairs. Taekwoon was staring once more at the kigurumi. He didn't really want to wear it. He especially didn't want to wear it since everyone else was in a nice costume. Jaehwan sighed and forced the kigurumi onto his friend. Taekwoon let out an embarrassed groan and refused to walk down the stairs. Jaehwan got a firm hold of Taekwoon's wrist and dragged him down the stairs.

"It's not that bad. Really, I look more ridiculous than you do." Jaehwan was trying to reassure Taekwoon as he dragged him down the stairs.

"Oh. My. God. Taekwoon. What. Is. That." Hakyeon took a deep breath. "That is the most adorable thing ever! Hold on, stay right there. Let me take a picture. Wait, who has a camera?"

Hakyeon stuck himself to Taekwoon's arm and had a field day. He was messing with Taekwoon's hair, pulling the tail of the costume, and going on and on about how adorable Taekwoon was. Jaehwan took the opportunity and went to find one of Taekwoon's sisters. One was in her room, just slightly unaware of what was going on downstairs. Jaehwan knocked on the door, and she was quick to open it.

"Jaehwan, you look so cute! Anyway, do you need something?" She pat his head as she spoke.

"Can you come downstairs and take pictures of us?" Jaehwan pouted so that she wouldn't refuse. He knew that she had a weakness for his pout.

"Yeah, I'll take a lot of pictures! Let me grab my camera and I'll be right down."

Jaehwan walked back down the stairs to see Taekwoon trying to kill Hongbin. It was quite surprising. Taekwoon didn't usually try killing someone until the fifth or sixth time that he's talked to them. Hakyeon was screeching about how it wasn't nice to kill people, Hongbin was laughing and looked like he was on the verge of tears, and Wonshik stuck himself to the wall: afraid and laughing. Jaehwan just watched and flinched when Taekwoon's sister screamed about how they needed to behave. It got quiet very quickly.

"I want you guys to stand side by side so that I can take pictures." She smiled sweetly. "I really want pictures of how cute Taekwoon looks right now!"

"No." Taekwoon attempted running away, but Hakyeon and Jaehwan were quick to catch him.

"Alright, are you guys ready? Smile! 1...2...3!" There was a flash at the moment she said three, and the boys were left seeing dots beneath their eyelids.

Taekwoon's sister took multiple pictures, and Taekwoon wanted to grab the camera from her and throw it in the fireplace. But, sadly, she had a strong grip on the camera, and the Jung family had no fireplace. The five boys were pushed out of the house, and they turned to have the door slammed in their faces. They turned to look at each other and just shrugged.

"So...let's go then." No one really remembered who said it, but soon they were all laughing as they raced each other from house to house, trying to compete each other for candy.

 

A/N: Guys, it's chapter 2/5! Yes, I know that Halloween was a loooooooooong time ago, but I'm trying to get all the holidays in that come before Christmas...Well, most of them...So, I WILL be having a Christmas chapter. CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS TIME IS HEREEEEEEE. TIME FOR TOOOOOYS AND TIME FOR CHEEEEEEEEEEER. Eh, I just like that I get out of school for a bit. Well, after next week. I have finals next week...*sigh* I'm going to be studying my arse off and until I go mad. So, anyway, 2/5! Three more to gogogo~~~!!! And then I'll have all my 'congratulations on your first win Vixx' chapters up. Yey. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!