???

Pinky-Promises

Hi guys,

I feel really bad about what I'm about to suggest, but I think it's for the best. I've had so little free time, and this fic is being updated so sparingly, that I've started to feel that it's almost pointless for me to continue it. I really would like to finish it and tie up all the loose ends since it is, in my opinion, still incomplete, but I've also been lacking motivation and inspiration for this story. I know that I've promised all those who asked that I would update and eventually finish, and that adds on to my guilt.

I started this story two years ago, and I'm so attached to it, but I really don't have the time or the motivation for it anymore. It's become one of those things that I've become almost bored of because of how long I've been keeping it going, and it also feels almost like an obligation. Although it doesn't seem like it, I've come back to this multiple times to try and write out a new chapter, but it would always turn out mediocre, so I would delete any sort of progress and leave it for another day. I know I may sound like I'm contradicting myself and that I'm not making much sense, but I really can't think of any other way to put this.

I'm going to leave this as it is, incomplete, but I will be marking it as a completed fic since the 29th chapter is a rather sound place to stop, despite how I feel about all the loose ends.

In addition to the reasons I've already listed, I have two more for coming to this decision. The amount of lovely people I've had reading this fic was an overwhelmingly large number, and it made me happy and quite proud. It kept my own excitement for this story at its peak since I wrote to see everyone's reactions. Upon posting the 29th chapter, I realized that many people have either left this website or decided they were no longer going to wait for this story to be completed. I understand that, since I have been dragging it out, but it still breaks my heart. The second reason is that I have diverged from the storyline I originally wanted to create. I'm sure many of you have noticed that this story has only a few similarities to its description. I can't elaborate on that as much as I would like to, simply because I don't know how, and I feel that all of you deserve a better explanation than what I have given.

I am truly sorry for keeping up with this story in such a poor manner, and I even more apologetic for disappointing or upsetting any of you with my decision.

As I've stated already, I shall be marking this complete and leaving it as it is. I hope one day I can revisit this and finish, or even start it over from the beginning and make it better.

I enjoyed this while it lasted, and thank you for staying with this story for the two years it was in progress. I truly appreciate it.