Truth or Dare

Pinky-Promises

It was a Saturday night, and Taekwoon wanted nothing more than to be in his living room, curled up in a blanket and watching some stupid cartoon with Jaehwan at his side. Of course, he couldn't do that. His wonderful friends decided to drag him to a party. It wasn't just any party, though. It was Jinsu's party. That girl still couldn't leave Jaehwan alone, and she even took it upon herself to try and befriend Taekwoon's other friends.

Nobody in the group really liked Jinsu. Well, Jaehwan still had a small crush on her, but he tried his best to avoid her. The week before, she approached the six of them at lunch, backed by a small group of followers, as Taekwoon liked to call them. Jinsu just dropped the envelope by them on the ground, smiled, and left without a word. Taekwoon couldn't believe they were at her house with a rude invitation like that.

Sanghyuk had reverted to the shy self that everyone was first faced with, but none of them were too surprised. He was shy only with new people. Hakyeon couldn't contain his excitement, and it seemed as if he was trying to force his excitement on the rest of the group. Hongbin and Wonshik looked a little excited, and Taekwoon looked like how he felt. He didn't want to be there.

Jaehwan was nervous. He was certain that he wouldn't have to talk to Jinsu due to the amount of people in the house. If he did bump into Jinsu, however, he didn't think she'd be sober enough to hold a conversation with him. Jinsu's party was a high school party, after all. Everyone knew that there was going to be alcohol, and that was probably the only reason why half of the people in the house were even there.

The group of six slowly walked to the door, the music growing louder with each step. Nobody understood how anyone got away with parties like these. Everyone knew what was going on, yet it wasn't very often for anybody to get in trouble. They knew that knocking would be pointless due to the music and yelling, so Hakyeon braced himself before opening the door. The six boys were immediately exposed to the stench of alcohol and music that was at a volume that should have been illegal.

It didn't take long for the six to get separated from each other. They were all swept in different directions by the huge crowd of people. Taekwoon found himself in the kitchen, where it was considerably quieter than the living room. He happily made the decision to stay there before his friends decided to drag him away and out of the house.

"Hey there." Taekwoon turned to find a girl leaning over the counter, staring at him. "Bored?"

Taekwoon didn't like her. He may have been quick to judge, but he really didn't like her. The girl was wearing a tank top, and Taekwoon scrunched his nose when he realized she wasn't wearing a bra. She was leaning so far forward, Taekwoon thought her s would spill out of her sad excuse of a top. He wanted to find a blanket and cover her with it. It made him uncomfortable with how much skin she was showing.

"I'm Suah. Everyone just calls me Su. Want to have a drink with me? Or would you rather do something more...entertaining?" Su fluttered her eyelashes, and Taekwoon refrained from gagging.

"Not interested." He was quick to get up and leave the kitchen, despite the decision he made to stay there.

He walked past the huge crowd, and he spotted Wonshik by the speakers, looking at the CDs that were waiting to be played. His face contorted into disgust at some, and brightened up at others. Taekwoon kept walking, and he saw Hongbin dancing, trying to get Sanghyuk to join him. Sanghyuk was desperately trying to yank his arm from Hongbin's grip. Taekwoon felt bad, but he wasn't going to walk over there to help him. Sanghyuk could take care of himself.

As Taekwoon made his observations, he bumped into a few people that were already too far gone into their alcohol to realize what was going on. He ended up face-to-face with Jinsu when he was walking away from a girl that mistook him as her boyfriend. Taekwoon could tell that it took Jinsu a moment to recognize him, but she smiled at him when she realized who he was. Jinsu grabbed his arm and pulled him somewhere without warning.

Taekwoon couldn't do much against a girl, so he allowed himself to be pulled with little resistance. He did ask where they were going once or twice, but his questions went ignored by Jinsu, who was talking.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Taekwoon. I'm glad you came though! I like the outfit, by the way. You look y. Well, more than usual anyway." Jinsu continued to pull him somewhere.

"I don't want to be here." Taekwoon glared at the back of her head, but soon gave up.

Soon, Jinsu stopped pulling him, and he saw a small group of people on the floor, a bottle in the middle. He saw that Jaehwan and Hakyeon were sitting in the circle, and he didn't hesitate to sit between them. He didn't like how all eyes immediately landed on him when he sat down, so he glared at the floor.

"Alright! Now we have an even number of people! Let's get started!" Jinsu looked at everyone. "I'll spin first."

It didn't take long for Taekwoon to find out that they were playing truth or dare. He thought it was a bit childish, but he wasn't sure what to expect. This was a high school party. Someone could end up daring someone else to dance in the middle of the crowd, . He shuddered at the thought. Taekwoon decided that playing truth or dare was better than being in the kitchen with that exhibitionist of a girl.

The bottle spun a few times before coming to a halt. It was pointing at Hakyeon, and his face was blank. Jinsu's face lit up, and she smirked.

"I remember you. You're Jaehwan's tan friend. You got even hotter since the sixth grade." Jinsu flipped her hair over her shoulder before continuing. "Anyway, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Hakyeon smirked when everyone hollered in excitement.

Hakyeon always liked a challenge. Actually, it was more accurate to say that Hakyeon liked to prove himself. It wasn't all that surprising to Taekwoon that his friend picked dare. Taekwoon glanced at Jinsu's face, which was twisted in concentration.

"I dare you to strip. Come on, show us what more you have to offer." Jinsu laughed when someone in the group whistled.

Hakyeon was shocked that he had to do something so bold right away, but he didn't hesitate to take his shirt off. Everyone watched as he stood to undo his belt, sliding his pants off once he did so. The girls in the circle eyed his body hungrily, and a few of the guys looked impressed. Hakyeon quickly sat down and grabbed the bottle, spinning it.

"Stop staring, erts. I know I'm y, but you don't have to be so obvious about wanting me." He watched the bottle as it slowed and came to a stop.

The game continued a little longer, and the bottle eventually stopped at Jaehwan, who immediately looked nauseous. A few of the dares had been unsettling, and nobody had mercy when trying to find out someone's deepest, darkest secrets. Jaehwan decided that it would probably be better to pick dare. It seemed more appealing to do something embarrassing once than to tell his secrets to a group of strangers.

"Alright, truth or dare?" The bottle had been spun by a girl who Jaehwan recognized to be a senior.

"Dare." Jaehwan held his breath for what was to come.

"Spin the bottle, and the person it lands on, you have to kiss them. And it has to be on the lips."

"Tell him it has to be for ten seconds." Jinsu gave the suggestion with a smirk.

"Alright, you have to kiss the person the bottle lands on for ten seconds on the lips. Regardless of gender." The girl leaned back on her hands and raised an eyebrow. "Go on, we don't have all night."

Jaehwan grasped the bottle and spun it, praying in his mind that it would land on a girl. He didn't want to give his first kiss away like this, but if there was no way out of it, he could at least hope that it would be with a girl. He watched as it slowed and spun a few more times, eventually coming to a stop.

There were a few hoots of encouragement, and Jaehwan's eyes widened when he saw who the bottle landed on. Jaehwan's luck was terrible. He wanted nothing more than to disappear, but everyone was watching, waiting. Jaehwan turned to look at the person he had to kiss, and he laughed awkwardly.

"Well...this is weird..." Jaehwan let out another awkward laugh when he was glared at.

"This is stupid, Jinsu." Taekwoon turned his glare on Jinsu, and she just shrugged. "Fine. Just hurry up. I'm going home after."

Taekwoon and Jaehwan didn't think that anything could be more awkward than this. Having to kiss a guy was weird enough, but having to kiss your best friend? The thought made them both uncomfortable. They were practically brothers. Jaehwan just hoped this one dare wouldn't ruin their friendship. They'd probably go a few days without talking, but that would be better than Jaehwan losing the only person that fully understood him.

Jaehwan slowly leaned forward, his face heating up as Taekwoon's grew closer. The atmosphere was incredibly tense, and he could hear Hakyeon muttering something at Taekwoon's other side. Jaehwan watched as Taekwoon glared at him before closing his eyes, sighing. Jaehwan felt Taekwoon's breath ghost across his lips, and he couldn't suppress his shiver. Jaehwan finally closed his eyes and finished closing the distance, flinching when Taekwoon's warm lips came into contact with his own. He heard Jinsu slowly count down from ten, but each second seem to drag on longer than the last. Jaehwan was thankful that the girl didn't specify what kind of kiss it had to be. It just had to be on the lips. If Jaehwan had to add tongue, he would've ran out of the house without a second thought.

Jaehwan felt incredibly confused. He still felt awkward, but he was mostly confused. He thought he would be disgusted with kissing his best friend, especially in front of so many people. Instead, Jaehwan thought it felt nice, even if it was just lips on lips. Even though it was his childhood best friend, the kiss made him feel a bit warm inside, and that alarmed him.

Taekwoon tried not to think about anything the moment Jaehwan's lips met his own. He tried to focus on the music that was playing, but it didn't really work. Jaehwan's lips were warm, and they were softer than Taekwoon expected. Taekwoon felt even more confused than Jaehwan, and he planned on leaving once the ten seconds were up. Jinsu was counting extremely slowly, and that didn't help Taekwoon's thoughts. He wondered why Jaehwan's lips on his felt nice and not weird. He wondered what it would have been like for their tongues to meet in a battle for dominance. Taekwoon was tempted to try it, but he snapped himself out of his thoughts before he did anything to make the situation more awkward than it already was.

Jinsu finally counted the final second, and Jaehwan quickly pulled away from Taekwoon. Both of their faces were burning in embarrassment, and Jaehwan quickly hid his head in his hands. Taekwoon was quick to stand up and leave, and the group dispersed shortly after. Taekwoon wanted to be left alone. He didn't understand why he felt the way he did about kissing his best friend, and he was horrified about the thoughts he had as their lips were connected.

Taekwoon walked out of the house without a second thought, walking aimlessly. He didn't know how he was supposed to act around Jaehwan now.

 

A/N: What did I just do. What did I just do!? What is this. What even is this. Well, their relationship is officially ed up. What to do, what to do. Nothing is going according to my original plan. What even was my original plan. I don't even know. I need time to reflect. *goes into corner* Hope you liked the Keo, though...