Mission Impossible: Avoiding Hakyeon

Pinky-Promises

The time Taekwoon and Jaehwan were in homeroom was short, so they were quickly ushered out of the room and to their next classes. They headed to the chorus room, and Jaehwan noticed that they had a shadow on the way. He tried ignoring it, but Jaehwan was quickly becoming annoyed by the person following them. He stopped Taekwoon by the arm and turned to face the stalker.

"Hey! What's your problem?" Jaehwan glared at the person that was following them.

Taekwoon was surprised. It was rare for Jaehwan to look angry or annoyed, and there he was, glaring.

"I'm not the one with a problem. I'm just heading to class, duck-face." The stalker, unsurprisingly turning out to be Hakyeon, looked to Jaehwan with challenge burning in his eyes.

"Are you saying that I have a problem?"

"You obviously do. I was just heading to class and you me like I was doing something wrong."

"You're following us! That's something wrong."

Jaehwan and Hakyeon glared at each other, and Taekwoon just stood there awkwardly. Without knowing what else to do, he slowly inched away from the pair. Unfortunately for him, both boys noticed.

"Where are you going?" Jaehwan and Hakyeon spoke simultaneously and turned to glare at each other.

"Why do you care?" Jaehwan sneered at Hakyeon.

"I care because he's my new friend." Hakyeon inspected his nails as he answered.

"No he's not. Taekwoon would never be friends with someone like you."

Taekwoon rolled his eyes at how immature Jaehwan was being. He grabbed Jaehwan's arm and dragged him to the chorus room. Shortly after they entered, Hakyeon strolled in like he owned the place. Jaehwan felt his eye twitch, and he slowly pulled Taekwoon to the side of the room that was farthest away from his newfound enemy.

He either moved too quickly or not quickly enough, for Hakyeon spotted them and approached them with purposeful strides. Jaehwan was annoyed, and Taekwoon was too. Taekwoon didn't like how someone other than Jaehwan was so persistently trying to get his attention. Jaehwan didn't like how someone was trying to get close to Taekwoon because he knew that Taekwoon wasn't comfortable with it. He also just didn't like Hakyeon.

Before Hakyeon could reach them, however, the teacher called for them to sit down. Taekwoon and Jaehwan sat side-by-side, and Hakyeon was a few chairs down. As the teacher explained that she was going to place them in their sections after hearing them sing, Jaehwan and Hakyeon had a stare down. Taekwoon, who eventually noticed, elbowed Jaehwan in the side to get him to pay attention to the teacher.

The students were called to sing in alphabetical order. All the students were good, but some were off key due to nervousness,

"Cha Hakyeon, please stand and sing."

Hakyeon stood with confidence and sang the chorus of one of the songs that was playing on the radio a lot lately. The class applauded him, and Jaehwan pouted. Jaehwan silently admitted that Hakyeon was a good singer, but he had heard better. Jaehwan also saw himself as a better singer than Hakyeon. Jaehwan saw it that way because he was being a bit full of himself. He also saw it that way because it was true. 

"Jung Taekwoon, please stand and sing."

Taekwoon slowly rose from his seat and glanced down at Jaehwan. Jaehwan gave him a smile, and Taekwoon looked back up. He opened his mouth to sing, and the class stared in amazement.

Taekwoon was always a talented singer. Jaehwan discovered this when he had arrived at the park later than usual. Taekwoon was in the sandbox, but this time, he had been singing. It was a simple song, but Taekwoon's voice had left Jaehwan in awe. Jaehwan made it a point to ask Taekwoon to sing for or with him whenever they met up after that day.

Taekwoon sat back down after finishing off with a particularly long note, and everyone, including the teacher, applauded. Taekwoon dropped his head and looked to the floor, but Jaehwan knew that he was smiling. Jaehwan smiled too, but it disappeared when he saw Hakyeon staring at Taekwoon with admiration shining in his eyes. Jaehwan quietly scoffed, and waited for the teacher to call him to sing.

"Lee Jaehwan, please stand and sing."

Jaehwan stood up and made sure that he oozed confidence from every pore of his body. He telepathically communicated to Hakyeon that he was better and to back off of Taekwoon. It wasn't like Hakyeon knew that Jaehwan was having those thoughts, though. Jaehwan decided that he would sing the same song as Hakyeon. He was challenging Hakyeon, and he knew that Hakyeon would realize this.

Jaehwan sang his heart out. He wanted to make it a point that he was better than Hakyeon. He wanted to make it a point that Hakyeon was now his rival, but he also wanted Hakyeon to realize that Jaehwan would never let him near Taekwoon. It was a mental battle, and Jaehwan wanted to showcase it simply by singing.

When Jaehwan sat back down, he received the same response as Taekwoon. However, he had Hakyeon glaring at him. It was the reaction that Jaehwan wanted.

Taekwoon had realized what Jaehwan was doing once the latter started singing, and he was getting annoyed by how immature Jaehwan was being by getting so worked up over nothing. Taekwoon found it pointless that Jaehwan was trying to show up Hakyeon through singing. It also angered him a bit because Taekwoon saw music as a form of enjoyment, not competition.

The teacher went through the rest of the students, and they were all assigned the section that she wanted them in. Shortly after she assigned the last student their section, the bell rang. Everyone filed out of the classroom, and Taekwoon headed to his next class.

 

~(time skip to the end of the day. i don't know what to write in the middle)~

 

There wasn't as many people on the bus in the afternoon, so Taekwoon and Jaehwan managed to get seats. Taekwoon was annoyed and exhausted, and it didn't help that Jaehwan was interrogating him. Hakyeon ended up being in all of his classes except for one. It was difficult to avoid and ward away Hakyeon when he was in five of the same classes. Taekwoon decided that it was better to try and ignore Hakyeon by himself rather than have Jaehwan mentally challenging Hakyeon in every class.

Unfortunately, Taekwoon and Jaehwan only had three classes together. It was upsetting enough, but if Jaehwan was going to ask him about Hakyeon everyday, Taekwoon was going to have to hurt someone. Taekwoon didn't see why Jaehwan was being so overprotective. He understood that Jaehwan didn't want to be replaced as his best friend, but it wasn't like Taekwoon wanted to be friends with someone as irritating as Hakyeon anyway.

Hakyeon was irritating. He talked a lot, was loud, and had a bloated ego. Well, Hakyeon was very similar to Jaehwan, minus the bloated ego part. But then again, Jaehwan could be really conceited. Hakyeon was extremely persistent, so Taekwoon knew that avoiding him would be tough. Taekwoon had a feeling that he'd end up giving in though. His mental stamina could only go so far.

 

A/N: OHEMGEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY. I didn't think I'd get this chapter up this weekend. Well, I kinda rushed it, so I'm sorry. I just wanted to get a chapter up, and I didn't have anything to do. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN Ken and N are having some problems. Huhuhuhu, Ken is being an overprotective ahjumma. Poor Leo, he's getting fought over. Don't worry Leo. Everything should sort out. Or will it? MUAHAHAHAHAHA *gets hit on head with toy hammer* My focus is all over the place, and that's because the rubber bands for my braces HURT LIKE A KJVNADKJNSKJDNAKJSFD. I couldn't sleep last night T^T I had to take ibuprofen because it hurt so much. I do so hope that you'll forgive me for this word vomit fail of a chapter. I'll make it up somehow. Ugh, this chapter...OTL