Both a Winner and a Loser

Pinky-Promises

Taekwoon's head was being continuously poked by Hakyeon, who was sitting behind him. The poking had been going on for a few minutes, and Taekwoon had been desperately trying to ignore it. He had more important things to think about than how annoying his friend was being. After another minute of poking, Taekwoon decided that he couldn't take it anymore.

"What do you want?" Taekwoon whispered softly, but he was glaring menacingly.

"Wonshik just asked me on a date through text..." Hakyeon blushed and looked down, and Taekwoon saw his phone peeking out over the edge of the desk. "What do I do?"

"Did he actually ask you on a date?" Taekwoon was curious now, but he tried not to show it.

"Well, he said he wanted us to go to the park. Just the two of us." Hakyeon blushed a darker red. "So no, he didn't actually say it, but it is a date. In my mind. We never hang out together. Alone. Just the two of us." Hakyeon had glared while taking on a defensive tone, but he ended up looking more nervous as he stopped talking.

"What will you do?"

"What do you mean? The reason I told you all of this was so that you could tell me what to do. I don't know what to do. I don't know how I'm supposed to act. This is going to be a date. What am I supposed to do? It's just going to be the two of us. Alone. Without the rest of the group. Just us two. By ourselves. Alone."

"I got the point."

"I'm trying to get it through my own head that this is actually happening! Keep your mouth shut!" Hakyeon sunk low into his seat and looked as if he was in deep concentration.

"Fine. I won't help you." Taekwoon turned back around and rolled his eyes. His friends were so stupid.

 

Hakyeon had tried his best to ignore Wonshik during lunch, much to the confusion of the younger male, so Taekwoon felt a little bad for him. Before Hakyeon went off for his 'date' with Wonshik, Taekwoon gave him a small thumbs up for encouragement. He had gotten a grateful but nervous smile in return. Taekwoon felt he should be worried for Hakyeon's sanity, but he figured that the worst his friend could do would be to completely humiliate himself.

Taekwoon was in his room with no Jaehwan to keep him company. Usually, Jaehwan would have followed him straight home, but the former had kept walking once they got to the foot of the latter's driveway. Taekwoon almost asked where he was going, but decided to keep silent since he didn't want to make the awkward tension worse. The bus ride between them had been silent, and the walk home had been even more so. It was weird for Taekwoon to go without hearing Jaehwan complain about something.

Taekwoon was thinking about this when his phone rang. He answered, hoping it was Jaehwan, but ended up dropping his phone in surprise. The moment he answered the call, Hakyeon was screaming into his ear from his end of the line. It took a moment for Taekwoon to recover and realize that Hakyeon was screaming from joy. When Taekwoon decided that he didn't understand a word of what Hakyeon was saying, he interrupted the latter's long stream of gibberish.

"Hakyeon, I understand you're happy, but what happened?" Taekwoon braced himself for more screaming.

"He told me he likes me! HE TOLD ME THAT HE LIKES ME!" Hakyeon began squealing, and Taekwoon would have thought his friend was secretly a girl again if he hadn't known better.

"And?"

"I kind of...tackled him while I told him that I love him..." Hakyeon trailed off, and Taekwoon was certain that his friend was blushing.

"I knew it would happen something like that. You are so predictable."

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind." Taekwoon sighed. "So what now?"

"Well, we're together now. Yeah. Me and Wonshik are a thing now. Wow."

"Hakyeon, I'm going to hang up now."

"What? Why? Jung Taekwoon, don't you h-" Taekwoon hung up on his friend with no hesitation, and he only felt slightly guilty.

Taekwoon knew he won the bet, and he was looking forward to getting his pay. He dialed Jaehwan's number immediately, but he paused before pressing the call button. Taekwoon decided that calling Jaehwan could happen later, so he dialed Sanghyuk instead. The younger male picked up on the third ring, letting out a cheerful hello.

"Sanghyuk, I won." Taekwoon figured that Sanghyuk would know what he was talking about.

"The bet?" The younger sounded slightly disappointed.

"Yeah, everything happened exactly like I said."

"How do you- oh nevermind, Hakyeon just came home really happy and red in the face. I can't believe he told you first! I'm his cousin! I should be the first to know these things!"

"Sorry, kid. Pay up tomorrow."

"Hey! I'm not a kid! I'm only a year younger than you!"

"Sure, whatever."

"Taekwoon!" Sanghyuk began whining, and Taekwoon couldn't help but think that it was much cuter when Jaehwan whined at him. He was quick to mentally slap himself and banish the thought. "Hey, I think Hakyeon just fainted."

"He'll be fine. Don't worry about him."

"Ok...bye, Taekwoon."

"Bye."

Taekwoon debated on calling Jaehwan and telling him what had happened, but he decided against it again. He could just tell his friend about it tomorrow, on the way to the bus stop. Trying to avoid talking to Jaehwan wasn't going to help them in any way, but Taekwoon couldn't help it. He felt like he should avoid any confrontation for as long as possible.

Taekwoon let his phone slip from his fingers and onto his bed, sighing. He didn't understand why such a small thing had affected their friendship this way. Any other time, they would have laughed it off. It could have been that it had been done in front of their peers, but Taekwoon highly doubted that. He knew that he should be talking to Jaehwan and being his best friend again, especially because of what happened with Jinsu, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

The doorbell rang, and Taekwoon dragged himself down the stairs and to the door. He was surprised at who was on the other side, and he was confused as to how they knew where he lived. In the end, he felt angry, and he made it obvious that he felt that way. Answering the smile directed at him with a glare, Taekwoon hissed through his teeth.

"What do you want?" Taekwoon hated how the person didn't flinch under his glare.

"I was just wondering how you were doing. It looked like you and Jaehwan are going through some hard times." Jinsu smiled at him again.

"Go away." Taekwoon tried closing the door, but he stopped when she spoke.

"."

"What?"

"If you close this door on me, I'll tell the entire school that you and Jaehwan are faggots. Not just you two, but your entire ing group of queers will be labeled that way."

"Excuse me?"

"You don't want to make me upset, Taekwoon. Besides, I don't really want to spread bad rumors about you."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing's wrong with me, Taekwoon." Jinsu stepped closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm just trying to help you out. I know you don't want to have anything to do with that you used to call your best friend. I feel bad for you. You had to put up with him for all those years, so I understand that you want him gone after he kissed you at my party."

"It was a dare. He had no choice."

"Oh, you don't have to feel bad for him. Someone as disgusting as him doesn't deserve your pity." Jinsu leaned in, and Taekwoon was mentally smashing her skull into the door. "I'll make sure you see that, but first, I need to clean what has been dirtied."

For the second time in his life, Taekwoon's lips were met with someone else's, but this time, he didn't think it was nice. He felt utterly revolted, but he was too frozen in shock to push Jinsu away. She seemed to take this as permission to kiss him more, for she began moving her lips against his. Taekwoon wanted to throw up, and after what seemed like forever, he finally found the strength to push her away. Jinsu, however, wasn't done, and she threw herself at him again.

Taekwoon was quicker to react this time, and he stepped back, slamming the door in her face. He didn't think about the consequences until she started screaming from the other side of the door.

"I told you not to close this door on me! You're a ! Now the whole school will ing know!" Jinsu pounded on the door for good measure before walking away.

Taekwoon opened the door after he was sure she was gone, and he was shocked to see Jaehwan at the end of his driveway, crying. Taekwoon blinked a few times and realized that he had just imagined his friend there. He really needed someone to talk to now, and missing his best friend wasn't helping. Taekwoon hoped this would be the first and last time he'd imagine Jaehwan in his presence when he wasn't really there.

Taekwoon felt like he was going to lose his mind.

 

A/N: Hello my lovelies~! I've finally updated~!

Geez, Jinsu is so annoying...aksjdaskjfklgjaklgjlksdj LET ME MURDER HER. I DON'T CARE IF SHE'S MY CHARACTER. LET ME MURDER THE BISH.

Everything's getting worse ;-;

Well, at least Navi got together...?

*cough* ... SHOUT OUT TIME

music4life92

_HyunJae_

CallMehhBubz

happydays4ever

loveBEE

SoshiFan313

unbreakable0331

kimjummama

LovleySTARLIGHTS

iMJayWalkerz

eunkwang

KarenLogic

yuu_sama

khgirl98

Dianis06

washingmachineH

exovixxfinite

LiMaex

chibiiELF

Rawrily_rubiez

FALLING4VIXX

kewanalynne

WooRih

Lolwerty45

jdhdollars

naitomeaberu

AyvrialMarmey

princessLeo

skieeleigh

ZomDying

ozandalice

eira98

Dubutofu 

Riorossa

sariaratarock

Tempo2Beat 

Kyeopta264

lordmayko

Much love <3