The Bet

Pinky-Promises

It was lunch time, and Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Hongbin, Wonshik, Hakyeon, and Sanghyuk were sitting under a tree at the front of the school. All six of them had already finished eating, and Hakyeon was in the middle of scolding Wonshik about how he needs to learn to clean up after himself.

"Hey, Taekwoon." Jaehwan turned to his best friend as Hakyeon began screeching.

"Yeah?" Taekwoon was watching Wonshik cringe with a slight smirk on his face.

"I think Hakyeon likes Wonshik."

There was silence between the two of them, and they heard Hongbin and Sanghyuk laughing at Wonshik's attempt to run away from their friend.

"I don't think he does."

"I know you don't, but the evidence is there."

"I know."

"You're confusing."

There was silence again, and the pair watched as Hakyeon threw himself at Wonshik. Hakyeon and Wonshik fell to the ground, and the latter tried to crawl to safety. Wonshik managed to stand up, and he ran to hide behind Hongbin and Sanghyuk. Hongbin and Sanghyuk decided to be cruel and grabbed their friend's arms, keeping him in place.

"Let's make a bet." Taekwoon watched as Jaehwan's eyes widened in slight surprise.

"I was just about to say that." Jaehwan pouted, and Taekwoon rolled his eyes. "Ok, name your price."

"I bet fifty dollars that Wonshik will confess to Hakyeon in a month, and Hakyeon will leap at him while proclaiming his love for him."

"What? You think it's Wonshik that likes Hakyeon?"

"I also think that Hakyeon is in love with Wonshik. Name your price."

"Oooh, are you guys betting?" Sanghyuk had decided that he was bored and walked over to find his friends on an interesting topic of conversation. "I bet one hundred dollars that Hakyeon will confess to Wonshik, and they'll get together."

"You two are ridiculous. It's obvious that Wonshik only sees Hakyeon as a friend." Jaehwan frowned at Taekwoon and Sanghyuk as they shared a knowing look. "I bet twenty-five dollars that Hakyeon will confess to Wonshik and get rejected."

"Tsk, such a low price." Taekwoon smirked. "Unless you know you're gonna lose, so you're not risking so much money."

"Yeah, Jaehwan. You obviously don't think you'll win."

"I know that I'm going to win. I just don't have as much money as the two of you." Jaehwan pouted and turned away.

Hakyeon finally looked like he was done with Wonshik, and he dropped onto the grass. Wonshik was quick to sit next to Hakyeon, handing him a bottle of banana milk before ruffling Hakyeon's hair. Hongbin made a face at the exchange and walked over to the three who just finished conversing. He sat down next to Sanghyuk and sighed.

"It's suffocating being around them. There are all these unspoken emotions that they are so oblivious about. They need to hurry up and become boyfriends." Hongbin watched as Taekwoon and Sanghyuk nodded in agreement.

"Are you guys telling secrets without us?" Hakyeon stood over the group of four with his hands on his hips. "I hope you weren't saying bad things about me."

"Of course we were saying bad things about you! I was just about to tell them how just the other day you slipped in the hallway and-" Jaehwan was cut off by Hakyeon, who quickly clamped both hands over the former's mouth.

"You said you would never bring that up! I'm going to kill you duck-face!"

Jaehwan struggled to move Hakyeon's hands from his face. His face was beginning to turn red, and desperation flashed in his eyes. Taekwoon took pity when his best friend's face began to turn slightly purple.

"Hakyeon, he can't breathe." Taekwoon patted Jaehwan's back when he was released.

"I thought I was gonna die!" Jaehwan wailed and began pulling grass from the ground.

"Drama-queen." Sanghyuk absent-mindedly let the word slip from his lips, and Jaehwan immediately him.

It was the Hakyeon-Wonshik situation all over again. Hongbin and Wonshik laughed, and Hakyeon began shouting words of encouragement to his cousin. Taekwoon could only sigh and roll his eyes at how immature everyone was being. He could only hope that the bell signaling the end of lunch would ring soon.

 

They were all at Hakyeon's house, finishing homework before they had a movie marathon to kick off the weekend. Taekwoon and Sanghyuk were already done, having completed half of it while they were still at school. They watched as everyone struggled with their homework. Sanghyuk quickly grew bored and walked up the stairs, returning after he retrieved Hakyeon's laptop.

Taekwoon and Sanghyuk ended up taking turns playing solitaire on Hakyeon's laptop to pass the time. Eventually, Hakyeon finished his homework, so he joined him. It wasn't long before he dragged Taekwoon by the arm into the kitchen, leaving Sanghyuk to play solitaire alone.

"Yes?" Taekwoon stared pointedly at Hakyeon, who looked nervous.

"I can't tell Jaehwan or Sanghyuk because they'll tell the whole school. I can't tell Hongbin because he'll tell Wonshik, and I can't tell Wonshik because this is about him." Hakyeon spouted out the words all at once, and Taekwoon took a moment to process the words.

"That you have a crush on Wonshik?"

Hakyeon began screeching, and Sanghyuk popped his head in to see what was the matter. Taekwoon just shook his head, so Sanghyuk shrugged and disappeared back into the living room. Hakyeon screeched a little longer before Taekwoon lightly punched his arm. That got him to stop, but he ended up repeatedly smacking himself in the face.

"Hakyeon." Taekwoon watched as Hakyeon continued to slap his face. "Hakyeon. Hakyeon. Hakyeon. CHA HAKYEON!"

Taekwoon surprised himself by raising his voice, and Hakyeon paused mid-slap. Meanwhile, the four boys in the living room looked up when they heard Taekwoon yell. Taekwoon grabbed Hakyeon's hands and forced them to the latter's sides, holding them there. Hakyeon refused to make eye-contact, and Taekwoon was getting annoyed.

"I already know that you like Wonshik. Don't freak out about me knowing. Actually, everyone but Wonshik knows. It's really obvious." Taekwoon felt Hakyeon tense up.

"Is it really that obvious?" Hakyeon had settled for a whisper.

"Yes, but I'm the only one that is aware that you don't actually like Wonshik."

"What?" Hakyeon's face scrunched up. "That makes no sense. You just said you knew that I like Wonshik."

"Hakyeon," Taekwoon sighed, "I know that you've been infatuated Wonshik since we were in the sixth grade. There's more to it than just you liking him."

"I don't really want to go so far as saying that it's...well, you know..." Hakyeon looked down when he felt his face heat up. "How did you know though? You knew the whole time?"

"Sixth grade, Christmas day. That's when I got suspicious. I had it all figured out a few weeks later."

"Am I really that obvious about it?"

"Sometimes. Other times, you just come off as touchy. I'm the only one who knows that it's more than just a crush."

"Hey guys, everyone just finished their homework and wants to get on to the movies." Sanghyuk popped back into the kitchen, smiling knowingly.

Hakyeon stared at him suspiciously before walking into the living room, immediately sitting next to Wonshik. Taekwoon and Sanghyuk watched him carefully, nodding in approval when Wonshik's arm came to rest on the couch behind Hakyeon's head. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon turned to stare at each other before Sanghyuk gave a mischievous smile.

"Heard everything?" Taekwoon raised an eyebrow before Sanghyuk nodded enthusiastically.

"Can I change my part of the bet?" Sanghyuk grinned.

"No." Taekwoon walked away when Sanghyuk pouted.

"That's so not fair!"

 

A/N: It would really if your friends made a bet on whether or not you and your crush would get together. It would be amusing, but it would .

Aw~ N is a schoolgirl in love with her senpai~ LOLOLOLOL Hakyeon is so over dramatic *rolls eyes* Honestly, he really is.

I should probably add some tags to this story now...THIS WASN'T PLANNED. MY CHARACTERS LIVE THEIR OWN LIVES.