Hanging out

Pinky-Promises

Taekwoon woke up to see Jaehwan sleeping peacefully in his arms. He had a brief thought that the sight was adorable before he attempted to untangle himself from his friend. One of Jaehwan's arms was wrapped loosely around his waist, and the other was at his side, hand holding tightly to one of Taekwoon's own. At the sight, Taekwoon internally panicked before trying to yank his hand back.

Jaehwan's grip was tight, but when Taekwoon closely examined their interlinked fingers, he realized that he was the one with the tighter grip. Taekwoon didn't know how Jaehwan had made it onto the bed with him, but he decided against rudely pushing his friend to the floor. Instead, Taekwoon decided to fall back asleep since it still seemed a bit dark outside his window.

 

When Taekwoon woke up again, the sun was brightly shining through his curtains which were now open. He grabbed for his phone and checked the time, groaning to see that it was a quarter to noon. He forced himself to sit up and looked around groggily, wondering how his curtains were opened. The door to his room opened suddenly, and Taekwoon quickly turned his head to see who the intruder was.

He had momentarily forgotten that Jaehwan had spent the night due to being annoyed at waking up, but he wasn't surprised to see his friend in his room's doorway. No, he wasn't surprised to see his friend at all. Taekwoon was, however, surprised to see Jaehwan standing there in nothing but a towel. A towel that was slowly slipping down his waist onto the floor. A towel that was no longer covering anything.

"Cover up!" Taekwoon lifted his pillow to cover his face so that he wouldn't have to see anymore.

"Why?" The confusion was evident in Jaehwan's voice. "It's not like you haven't seen me before."

"Oh yeah." Taekwoon blinked rapidly behind the pillow and slowly lowered it. "What are you even planning on wearing?"

"Your clothes of course!"

"No."

"Why not!?"

"Last time I let you borrow my clothes, you ended up tearing them."

"It wasn't my fault! Hakyeon grabbed me by the collar and tugged, so the shirt ripped! It was that diva's fault, not mine! And it's also not my fault that your clothes are thin. So thin, in fact, that sometimes I see your s poking through your shirt when it's really cold."

There was a tense silence that followed Jaehwan's comment, and Taekwoon glared. He took a deep breath and sighed heavily, deciding to let the comment go and to continue the previous conversation.

"You provoked him."

"How is calling him dark chocolate provoking him!?"

Taekwoon stared pointedly at his friend for, what is safe to say, a full thirty seconds before the realization dawned on the latter's face. Jaehwan grumbled slightly and crinkled his nose, shuffling into Taekwoon's room and shutting the door. He didn't turn back around to face Taekwoon for a few minutes, taking the time to grumble instead.

"I was joking." The pout was evident in Jaehwan's voice.

"Sure." Taekwoon threw his pillow at his friend. "Get dressed before you get sick."

"It's not like it would be any better when I wear your clothes. My torso and, more importantly, my s will probably end up frozen solid. I will feel violated. Unlike you, I'm not ok with my s being visible to all of the world."

"Yet you're ok with walking around ."

"I feel so free. Like, I'm pretty sure this is what girls feel like when they wear skirts and dresses. There's nothing restricting you, and you can move without worrying about crushing anything. I feel free, and I shall stay because I like this feeling. I leave it to you to stare at my y ."

Naturally, Taekwoon began throwing things at Jaehwan for being an idiot. This time, however, the blood in his cheeks were beginning to give them a tint of pink, and he didn't want to be teased about being embarrassed at the thought of staring at Jaehwan's 'y ', as his friend shamelessly put it. He found joy in seeing Jaehwan duck for cover and dive for the drawer that Taekwoon kept his underwear in.

 

Like most teenage boys their age, Taekwoon and Jaehwan were spending their time watching some movie that they randomly pulled from the shelf. It was probably unhealthy, the amount of movies they watched in a week, but they couldn't think of anything else to do. That was the case until Jaehwan paused the movie right when Simba and Nala began singing in a spontaneous and completely illogical harmony while they were on their way to The Elephant Graveyard.

"Taekwoon." Like most impromptu conversations between them that started with Jaehwan saying Taekwoon's name, the former waited until he was given the attention he wanted. "You know what we haven't done in a while?"

"What?" Taekwoon didn't know if he should be wary of the grin that was making its way onto Jaehwan's face.

"We haven't sung together in a while. Actually, we haven't sung together since the talent show we entered during freshman year."

"Two years ago."

"Yeah, it's been two years, and two years is a really long time."

"Not really."

"Are you trying to tell me that you aren't interested in singing anymore?"

"No." Taekwoon furrowed his eyebrows. "I just...haven't felt like singing lately."

"The last time I heard you sing was at that talent show." Jaehwan paused. "Don't tell me you haven't even sung by yourself since then."

"I haven't."

It was almost comedic, the look of horror that Jaehwan gave him. Before he knew it, Taekwoon was watching his friend bolt up the stairs for a reason only he knew. Taekwoon waited curiously for Jaehwan to return to the living room, and when he did, he was on the phone and dressed as if he was going somewhere. It didn't take much listening for Taekwoon to realize that Jaehwan was on the phone with Hakyeon.

There was some screeching and some sass that Taekwoon could hear from the other end, but too much of his attention was on not tripping on the stairs that Jaehwan was oh so gently pushing him up to actually hear what Hakyeon was saying. He was having his clothes thrown at him, and he was shoved inside the bathroom. It was safe for him to assume that Jaehwan was going to take him somewhere.

After a quick shower, Taekwoon emerged from the bathroom with the clothes that Jaehwan had thrown at him. He didn't want to be rude, but Jaehwan's choice in clothing was horrible, so Taekwoon quickly picked out his own outfit, even if he didn't know where they were going. His outfit was casual, and he was pretty sure he chose well, judging by what he saw Jaehwan wearing.

"What's happening?" Taekwoon obediently followed behind his friend, not that he had a choice. Jaehwan had grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him out of his own home. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see, my precious friend. You just have to know that our lovely group of friends shall be accompanying us, and we shall leave behind our worries and sorrows together!" Jaehwan looked back and flashed him a toothy grin.

"I was watching The Lion King and enjoying it."

"Too bad. You can enjoy hanging out with all of us."

"No."

"Well you're already out of the house, so too bad."

Taekwoon pouted and allowed Jaehwan to pull him along until they met up with Hakyeon and Sanghyuk at a stop sign. Hakyeon, unsurprisingly, ran at Taekwoon for a hug, but he was stopped with a hand to the face. He whined as Sanghyuk was given an affectionate ruffle of the hair as a greeting, and he settled for smacking Jaehwan instead.

"How come Taekwoon doesn't love me, duck-face?" Hakyeon glared at Jaehwan as if it was his fault.

"The only person that loves you is Wonshik, but I really don't get why." Jaehwan was given a smack to the head.

"My Won-won loves me from the bottom of his heart. Speaking of my Won-won, he's going to meet us there with Hongbin."

"Did you just-" Jaehwan sighed. "Forget it."

Leaving off on that note, the group of four began walking until they reached a city bus stop. Taekwoon was still a bit confused, but it didn't take much longer for him to put two and two together. He quickened his pace to match Jaehwan's, who was joyfully leading their little group, and lightly tugged on his arm to get his attention. Jaehwan turned toward him with a grin.

"Karaoke?" Taekwoon watched Jaehwan's grin turn to a pout.

"I can never surprise you because you're too freaking smart." The grin was back on Jaehwan's face. "Since you said you haven't sung anything since freshman year, I decided that our group of six should go karaoke. It's been a while since all of us hung out without any drama."

"Yeah."

The bus pulled up, and they boarded quickly. It was a twenty minute drive with all the stops before theirs, but even Taekwoon was a bit excited when they got off the bus. They met up with Wonshik and Hongbin in front of a huge karaoke building, and they were soon shuffling in.

Since there were six of them, they got a fairly large room, and Jaehwan went crazy almost immediately. He flipped to a random page in the song book and punched in the number of the first song he recognized. Taekwoon watched as his friend jumped around and excitedly danced to a song by Beyonce, and he slightly smiled while everyone else laughed.

It didn't take long for Taekwoon to give in to his desire to just have fun, and he finally picked a song and sang as if his life depended on it. He was going to enjoy his moments with his friends, and he was going to forget all of his worries, even if for a moment. Taekwoon thought it was great that Jaehwan wanted him to enjoy himself and go back to doing something that he loved. He thought it was great that he was spending time with his friends, but it was even better that Jaehwan was there the entire time, laughing as if nothing ever went wrong between them.

Taekwoon felt warm on the inside when he thought about how much Jaehwan did just for him.

 

A/N: Alright, after what seems like forever I updated again! With this really crappy chapter that seems more like a filler chapter and I'm sorry I really have no idea where I was going with this.

Ok, I know I'm really bad when it comes to updating, but I'm somehow actually kind of busy. I work on the chapters a little bit at a time, and that's because 70% of my time is taken up by school and homework and all that, 20% is taken up by plans that just pop up out of nowhere like for real why does it happen so much, 5% is free time, which is usually when I work on the chapters a little bit at a time, and the last 5% is because I'm kinda really lazy... I know I'm making a lot of excuses, but I hope you guys can forgive me. ㅠㅠ

Much love~!