Meeting Hakyeon's Cousin

Pinky-Promises

It was that time of year. The time of year where families were rushing to buy gifts and food. The time of year where everywhere you turned you saw red, green, and white. The time of year where everyone was saying the same two words over and over. The time of year where kids were screaming and whining about what they wanted. The time of year where couples were getting together, proposing, getting married, shoving their affection into everyone's faces. The time of year also known as Christmas.

Taekwoon never particularly liked Christmas. He saw it as an excuse for people to be greedy and whiny, and they'd get away with it. From what Taekwoon learned, Christmas was supposed to be about giving without expecting anything in return. It seemed like people saw Christmas as a day where they give someone something and have to get something else back. Taekwoon didn't really like Christmas.

On the other hand, Jaehwan loved Christmas. Jaehwan loved all the bright colors, lights, and joy at every corner. He loved the opportunity to spend uninterrupted time with his family. Jaehwan's favorite part of Christmas was the gift exchange. He was always filled with a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever he saw the joy on someone else's face after opening their present.

The part of the holiday that the pair enjoys is spending time with each other. Well, they already spend a lot of time with each other, but it felt like it was more fun since it was a holiday. They would spend the entire day together. Taekwoon would sleep over at Jaehwan's house on Christmas eve, and Jaehwan would sleep over at Taekwoon's house on Christmas night. That way, they would spend a full 24 hours in each other's presence. It was another tradition of theirs.

This Christmas was going to be a bit different. Instead of just Taekwoon, the rest of the group would be sleeping over at Jaehwan's house. Taekwoon didn't really mind too much. He found that he really liked spending time with Hakyeon, Hongbin, and Wonshik along with Jaehwan. It was a surprising discovery, but he didn't mind it. The only thing that bothered Taekwoon about the others staying over was that Hakyeon was also bringing along his cousin. Taekwoon could only hope that the cousin was more mature than Hakyeon was.

There had been a lot of improvement when it came to Hakyeon and Jaehwan. They didn't argue all the time anymore, but there was still a snarky remark every now and then. After Halloween, Jaehwan and Hakyeon actually took the time to get to know each other. Of course, they only did so because Taekwoon threatened to bash their skulls in with a soccer ball if they didn't stop arguing all the time.

Jaehwan still didn't like how Hakyeon would get all over Taekwoon and force his affection on him. He didn't have much of a choice but to accept that that was Hakyeon's personality. It didn't bother him so much when Jaehwan realized that Hakyeon is touchy with everyone, and not just Taekwoon. It also didn't bother him so much when he realized that Taekwoon wasn't uncomfortable with it. Taekwoon just became indifferent after a while. Hakyeon's touchy personality still annoyed him, but not as much as it used to.

Unsurprisingly, Hakyeon still called Jaehwan duck-face whenever he addressed him. It seemed to be more of a term of endearment now. It had only been a few months, but Hakyeon proved himself to be a caring person to the entire group. His whiny, diva-like personality just overpowered his caring side every once in a while. The group learned to live with it.

It was surprising, how well everyone got along with each other. Hakyeon didn't expect to be able to get along with Jaehwan, but if you asked either of them, they would refer to the other as a friend. Hongbin and Wonshik didn't think they'd get along with Taekwoon, but that was because Taekwoon had tried murdering Hongbin on the first meeting. They were all worried about how well they would get along with Hakyeon's cousin, with the exception of Hakyeon.

Currently, Jaehwan, Taekwoon, Hongbin, and Wonshik were over at Jaehwan's house. It was Christmas Eve, and they were all waiting on Hakyeon and his cousin. Taekwoon was on Jaehwan's laptop, Jaehwan was flailing on the bed, and Hongbin and Wonshik were watching him flail. Jaehwan was flailing since he was becoming bored with waiting for Hakyeon to show up. It had been an hour since everyone else got to his house, and Hakyeon was extremely late.

The doorbell rang, and Jaehwan let out a screech that caused everyone to jump in surprise. Hongbin and Wonshik laughed it off and stood up to go with Jaehwan to the door, but Taekwoon threw a pen at him before standing up. Jaehwan began whining about how late Hakyeon was as the four of them walked down the stairs. Naturally, Taekwoon rolled his eyes and told Jaehwan to stop complaining. Jaehwan pouted as he opened the door and revealed a smiling Hakyeon who was hiding a body behind him.

"Hello! I'm late, I know. I'm fashionably late, like always." Hakyeon waved enthusiastically at everyone before turning to the body behind him. "Come on, introduce yourself."

Hakyeon stepped to the side, but the body moved with him. Hakyeon did this a couple of times before letting out a sigh. Jaehwan tilted his head to the side to try and get a better view of who was behind Hakyeon, and Hongbin and Wonshik followed the action. Taekwoon let out a sigh at their behavior.

"Don't force him. Leave him be." Taekwoon sighed again and began walking away.

"Um..." The person behind Hakyeon spoke, and everyone stopped what they were doing. "I...I'm...my name...is Sanghyuk..."

Hakyeon's eyes widened in surprise, and he turned to face his cousin quickly. Everyone else voiced their surprise since Sanghyuk talked after stubbornly refusing to do so. Now all Sanghyuk had to do was show his face. Hakyeon stared at his cousin for a bit before slowly moving to the side. Like before, Sanghyuk moved with him. Once again, Hakyeon repeated this process multiple times before giving up.

"Don't be shy. We won't judge you." Taekwoon spoke again, but this time, he walked closer to Hakyeon and Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk finally stepped out from behind Hakyeon and allowed everyone to see what he looked like. After letting everyone see him, he stepped back behind Hakyeon. Hakyeon let out a sigh and stepped into the house, Sanghyuk following behind.

"Well, that didn't take as long as I thought it would. Guys, I'm pretty sure you can tell by now, but Sanghyuk is my cousin. He's only a year younger than us, but sometimes he acts even younger. Especially when he meets new people. He's really shy. He's not any trouble though. He's a good kid." Hakyeon spoke as he threw down his things and took off his jacket.

"You're an hour late." The four who had been waiting on Hakyeon spoke in unison.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I was wrapping your presents. I didn't have enough time yesterday, so I did it this morning."

"Whatever, let's go set up the living room before we do anything else." Jaehwan grabbed Hakyeon's sleeping bag and walked to the living room, everyone else following behind him.

"Hey, duck-face, I need to use the bathroom."

"It's right there." Jaehwan pointed to a door and watched as Hakyeon struggle to get Sanghyuk away from him so that he could use the bathroom.

"Stay here. They're all really nice. They won't do anything to you. I'll be right back. I just need to use the bathroom."

Hakyeon finally got Sanghyuk on one of the couches, but the boy immediately looked to the ground and refused to talk to anybody. The boys stared at him a bit before shrugging it off. They began unrolling their sleeping bags and laying them around the living room. Taekwoon was going to sleep between Jaehwan and Hakyeon, and Wonshik was going to be between Hakyeon and Hongbin. They didn't know where to put Sanghyuk, but they didn't know how to ask him where he wanted to sleep.

"Hey." Taekwoon stood right in front of Sanghyuk, waiting for a reply. "Where do you want to sleep?"

"Next to Hakyeon..." Sanghyuk barely whispered, but Taekwoon heard him.

"On the end?"

Sanghyuk shook his head. "Between two people..."

"Who else?"

There was a long silence, and Taekwoon allowed Sanghyuk the time to think. Jaehwan, Hongbin, and Wonshik were watching the two. They were surprised by two things. The first was that Sanghyuk was talking. From his earlier behavior, they didn't think he'd talk to them at all. The second was that Taekwoon was talking to someone he didn't know. It actually wasn't too surprising since Taekwoon talked a lot more than people thought, but it was surprising because he took the initiative and talked first.

"You..." Sanghyuk finally answered, and Taekwoon looked surprised.

"Me?" Taekwoon pointed to himself, and Jaehwan couldn't help the giggle he let out.

"Yeah..."

"Well, alright then."

Taekwoon picked up Sanghyuk's sleeping bag and made room for it between his and Hakyeon's sleeping bags. At this point, Hakyeon had returned from the bathroom and hugged Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk looked completely uncomfortable, and Hakyeon knew it. The latter began ruffling Sanghyuk's hair, and he couldn't take it anymore.

"Hakyeon! Stop it! You know I hate it when you touch my hair!" Hakyeon immediately let go of Sanghyuk, a triumphant smile on his face. Everyone else had frozen in shock. After realizing what had happened, Sanghyuk grabbed a couch cushion and hid his face with it. "Um...sorry..."

Jaehwan began laughing, and he couldn't stop. He kept laughing until everyone got tired of staring at him in confusion. They let him stand in the middle of the room to laugh. Wonshik began talking to Hakyeon, Hongbin tried to get Sanghyuk to open up, and Taekwoon went back to Jaehwan's room. Jaehwan calmed down after five minutes and turned to Sanghyuk.

"I like you. You're so shy, but you got so annoyed at Hakyeon! I think we'll be great friends." Jaehwan smiled, and Sanghyuk found himself grinning back.

"Duck-face, are you magic?" Hakyeon stared at Jaehwan suspiciously.

"No...?"

"Yeah, sure. Next thing you know, you'll tell me than Taekwoon isn't magic either."

"He's not magic..."

"Lies!" Hakyeon screeched and jumped on Jaehwan, smacking his arm. "You are magic! Taekwoon got Sanghyuk to talk, and you got him to smile! It took him a year to smile at me! And I'm his cousin!"

"Ok! Ok! I get it! Stop hitting me!"

"Who's hitting who?" Taekwoon walked back into the living room and watched as Hakyeon beat Jaehwan. "Oh."

Hongbin and Wonshik laughed as Jaehwan tried to escape Hakyeon. After a while, they stopped laughing and decided to try and help the poor guy. When they got close, Hakyeon hit their necks with the side of his hand and went back to beating Jaehwan. The duo retreated onto the couch and decided that they would let Hakyeon beat Jaehwan until he got tired of it.

"Um...are they always...like that?" Sanghyuk quietly asked Hongbin and Wonshik when he timidly approached them.

"Yeah." Hongbin looked at Wonshik for confirmation.

"Pretty much." Wonshik looked back to see Taekwoon pulling Hakyeon off of Jaehwan, threatening, for the second time, to bash their skulls in with a soccer ball.

"Oh."

 

 

A/N: GUYS I FINISHED WITH MY FINALS AND OMG THANK GOD THAT'S OVER FREAKING FINALS ARE SO ANNOYING UGH. Anyway, this is 4/5, and HYUK HAS MADE AN APPEARANCE AS HAKYEON'S ADORABLEY SHY COUSIN. Yeah, Hyuk's not really that shy, is he? I basically reversed him >.< Instead of being scared of Leo, he's willing to talk to him, and he's afraid of everyone else. Wow. I messed him up. But come on, Leo's talking to him... THIS WAS THE SOMETHING I WAS TALKING ABOUT~~~~~~~~! Sanhyuk's appearance...Yeah... ;-;

*whispers* I love you guys...