Secrets

Pinky-Promises

In a time of crisis, Jaehwan would naturally turn to Taekwoon. However, if the crisis was Taekwoon, his best friend would be the last person that he would turn to. Such a situation left Jaehwan in a panic, and the entire night, despite his smiles and laughter, he was deep in thought about who he could tell about his problem. The person that came to mind didn't seem like the best option, but at the same time, it was his only option.

Once everyone had done their fair share of singing, they began going their separate ways. After getting off of the bus, Hakyeon and Sanghyuk were about to walk to their house in the other direction when Jaehwan grabbed Hakyeon by the elbow. With a confused look from Hakyeon and hasty excuses, Jaehwan dragged the shorter male away from Sanghyuk and Taekwoon.

"What are you doing, duck-face?" Hakyeon yanked his arm from Jaehwan's grasp once the former stopped walking. "This better be important."

"I have a problem, and I don't know what to do about it." Jaehwan saw Hakyeon raise an eyebrow.

"Isn't Taekwoon your go-to man? Why are you asking me for advice?"

"Because" Jaehwan took a deep breath. "Taekwoon is the problem."

"I'm too tired to properly listen right now, so let's meet up tomorrow, ok? Tell me everything tomorrow."

"Hakyeon."

"Sorry, duck-face. I really can't help you when I can barely keep myself on my feet."

"You seem awake enough to run that mouth of yours."

Jaehwan was given a punch to the shoulder before Hakyeon stomped away angrily. Sanghyuk was trying to hide his smile by awkwardly covering his face with his hands, and Hakyeon pushed him before grabbing his arm and walking away. Taekwoon walked over and ruffled Jaehwan's hair, frowning slightly.

"What was that about?" Taekwoon stopped ruffling Jaehwan's hair and just let his hand rest on his head.

"Nothing. I was just telling Hakyeon that his singing so bad that I thought I was going to die." Jaehwan tried grinning and hoped that Taekwoon wouldn't be able to tell that he was lying.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not. I honestly thought that Hakyeon's singing ."

Taekwoon gave Jaehwan a look before turning around and walking away. Jaehwan jogged to catch up and match Taekwoon's pace before grabbing his arm and holding on to it. He knew it was a stupid move since he only just recently found out his feelings for his friend, but it wasn't far from his usual behavior, so Jaehwan prayed in his mind that Taekwoon would let it slide. A glance was all he got, and he was free to hold Taekwoon's arm as long as he wanted.

The walk to Taekwoon's house was quiet, but Jaehwan didn't mind. Even he appreciated silence every now and then. Jaehwan was allowed to think, and he was just worried about how Hakyeon would react the next day when he fills him in on everything that had occurred. He figured that Hakyeon would most likely freak out, and if the shorter male didn't react that way, Jaehwan would think that the world was ending. A Hakyeon that wasn't overreacting was not a good Hakyeon.

When the duo finally made it back to Taekwoon's house, Jaehwan let go of Taekwoon's arm reluctantly. His own arms suddenly felt very empty, so he crossed them to try and ignore the feeling. He followed Taekwoon into the house and up the stair to enter the latter's room. Jaehwan was surprised when he wasn't allowed to enter.

"Be honest with me." Taekwoon spoke softly, and Jaehwan was startled at the sudden closeness of their faces.

"Aren't I always honest with you?" Jaehwan was just given a look that told him he should only give proper answers.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?"

"What?" Jaehwan didn't feel uncomfortable around Taekwoon. He did feel a little flustered every now and then, but that was only because he didn't know what to do about his newfound feelings. "No, you don't make me uncomfortable. Why are you so worried all of a sudden?"

"You just-" Taekwoon sighed. "I don't know. Even though we're doing almost everything the same, it feels different. It seems like you're uncomfortable around me or something."

"I honestly don't understand what you're thinking." It was true, and that was scaring Jaehwan. He usually knew everything that was on Taekwoon's mind. Why couldn't he tell now? "Nothing's different. Maybe you're just going crazy from having to deal with Jinsu since you were being stupid and made that agreement with her."

"I know I was being stupid, but I did it for you." Taekwoon paused. "And Hakyeon, Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk. I did it for them too."

"Whatever. Let's just go to sleep."

Jaehwan couldn't help but feel a little giddy at Taekwoon's words. Sure, he had included their other friends on that little list, but it was an afterthought. Taekwoon said he did it for him. Taekwoon was being stupid for Jaehwan. It may have been stupid for Jaehwan to think that way, but he couldn't help the smile that made its way onto his face as he lay on the floor by Taekwoon's bed.

"What are you doing on the floor?" Taekwoon peered down at Jaehwan from the bed. "Come up here or else you'll catch a cold."

Jaehwan didn't bother to mention that he always slept on the floor at Taekwoon's house, regardless of the temperature. Jaehwan didn't bother to remind Taekwoon that he hated having other people on his bed. Jaehwan just curled up next to Taekwoon and allowed himself a small smile when his fingers loosely interlinked with Taekwoon's. Jaehwan didn't bother to mention that he was starting to liked holding Taekwoon's hand.

 

Hakyeon was causing a scene in the middle of a cafe, and Jaehwan just let the shorter male vent out any sort of negative emotion through shrieks and screams. It only took about two minutes for Hakyeon to calm down enough to act civil again. It was a new record, but Jaehwan knew he'd get slapped if he made that comment.

The smoothie that was sitting in front of Jaehwan was gone, and he found Hakyeon gulping it down in an attempt to distract himself from all the information he was given. The now empty glass was slammed onto the table, and Hakyeon laced his fingers together and placed his head on top, eyes narrowing at Jaehwan. There was a slight stare-down between the two of them, and Jaehwan eventually looked away, feeling embarrassed.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Hakyeon sounded like he was accusing Jaehwan.

"I tried telling you last night, but you were being a diva and didn't let me tell you." Jaehwan poked Hakyeon's nose to show just how annoyed he was.

"Ok, whatever duck-face. Just clear some things up for me." Hakyeon cleared his throat. "When did you realize you have feelings for Taekwoon?"

"About two nights ago, I told you this."

"When do you think you started liking him?"

"I don't know! It was probably since that dare."

"Mm..." Hakyeon furrowed his eyebrows together. "I think that you might have actually had feelings for Taekwoon before that. They just became a bit stronger since that dare. That is my hypothesis."

"Your hypothesis is nonsense."

"I will cut you." Hakyeon's eyes twinkled mischievously. "Better yet, I'll tell Taekwoon that you like him."

"What!? No! You can't do that just because I insulted you a little! This is a secret Hakyeon! You can't tell a single soul!"

Silence fell between them, and Jaehwan let his head drop to rest on the table. He trusted Hakyeon, but he felt nervous since now he wasn't the only one to know about his crush on Taekwoon. It would have been easy to hide if only he knew, but now Hakyeon knew. It would be harder to keep a secret, but he felt lighter now that someone else knew something.

A poke was directed at the top of his head, and he raised it to look Hakyeon in the eye. A hand was extended to him, and Jaehwan stared when he realized that Hakyeon was offering to make a pinky-promise. It would be good to make one since it would insure that his secret was safe, but it seemed wrong to make a pinky-promise with someone other than Taekwoon. He shook his head and gently pushed Hakyeon's hand away.

"Sorry, Hakyeon. I only make pinky-promises with Taekwoon. It's kind of our thing since that's how we became friends." Jaehwan smiled apologetically and was given a pat on the head.

"I understand. Just don't let this entire situation stress you out, ok?" Hakyeon smiled.

"Ok." Jaehwan smiled back, and he felt just a little bit more relieved.

 

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back with a new chapter! I'm so sorry about the wait. It's been over two weeks since I updated the last chapter. It's been busy, and I've kinda had writer's block for all my stories. I had written a quick oneshot to see if it helped, and it kinda did.

Updates might take a little longer than when I first started this fic, and that's because my grades are dropping in math, and I have a new pet to take care of. I won't neglect this fic completely, but it may take some time. I might try to do a double update by sometime this weekend though since it's my birthday on Friday. Not much logic there, but oh well.

I'm really sorry that after all this time it's only a short chapter, but I hope you guys can forgive me.

Much love~!