31

Life As We Know It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

 

 

"One more drink...the same." He hiccupped eyeing the bartender. He gave the man a toothy grin to show he wasn't drunk when truly he was. The bartender’s eyebrows rose in response but gave the man in front of him a drink. It was his job and he was getting paid, so might as well. The bartender evidently recognised his face as it was his 3rd day already here.

 

 

"Sir maybe you should go home." He finally spoke seeing him sprawl over the table top. He had some tear stains still visible on his face, too tired to wipe it away.

 

 

"Just give me another drink. I'm not drunk." Another hiccup escaped his mouth. "Drinking is always a loyal friend when you're sad. Keke."

 

 

"Do you have a family member I can call?" The guy asked worried.

 

 

"I don't have a family. But I'm soon to have one myself. My girlfriend is pregnant. I'm scared. Omo Dara! She must be angry! I shall go! Ciao." Jiyong chuckled as he stood up steadying himself. He has been gone for 2 days, drinking away his sadness. Another chuckle left him as he sauntered his way to his car. "Go go go Jiyong."

 

 

--------

 

 

Dara gulped as she opened the door.  "Omma...Appa...how? When?" Her eyes were wide as she stared at her parents in fear. They had an angry look as she clearly knew this wasn't all. She was definitely going to be roasted. "You’re not gonna let us in?" Her mother snapped, eyeing her. Her eyes landed on her daughter’s stomach seeing the small bump. She wanted this all to be fake. She wanted to believe it was a nightmare. Her parents were old fashioned when it came to marriage and love. They never supported the idea of dating or having before marriage. And she did all that, getting pregnant was the cherry on top.

 

 

Dara opened the door wide. She smiled at her younger brother who just shook his head. After the man informed them, they went hysteria, trying to collect enough money to go US, only to find out she went back to Korea. This resulted to them losing out on extra money. They weren't rich so this only made him upset. His sister couldn't even call to inform them anything.

 

 

"Where is he?" Her father asked. "The father of your baby?" His eyes flickered over her stomach and then back to his daughters face.

 

 

"He...." Dara had no idea how to respond. It's been two days since Jiyong went missing and he only sent a small text to Dara, that he will return. Although he informed her she was still panicking. She had no idea why Jiyong would go off like that and the only thing that kept rushing through her head was maybe he couldn't get the marriage cancelled. She would always glance at her phone waiting for any movements but none came. She fell ill luckily it was just a fever but still she wanted Jiyong at moments like that and not Bom. She was grateful though.

 

 

"He probably left her...she can't even answer the question. Sandara?" Dara blinked back to reality realising she spaced out.

 

 

"No omma. He's gone out on a business trip. He'll be back soon. This is his house. How did you find me?" She retorted. She didn't want them to think poorly of Jiyong.

 

 

"Bom." No wonder she kept getting constant calls from Bom but she ignored them because she didn't want Bom to know she was actually quite depressed at the current moment. "So he left you pregnant for a business trip?" Her mother questioned.

 

 

"Ani he didn't want to go but it's important so I told him to. Bom comes by every day. Please omma...Jiyong is really nice to me. He loves me loads." Dara sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter