10

Life As We Know It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

 

 

Jiyong had no idea what a ‘perfect’ date was. He never took a girl to dates, but straight to bed. He was clueless as he scanned the area. Dara eyed him from the corner of her eyes. They were stood in the same spot for the last 15 minutes. She couldn’t even tell what was going through his head right now because of his stoic expression. She gazed at the watch on her hand before looking ahead. A sigh escaped her lips. She didn’t want to spend her last day with Jiyong just standing on one spot.

 

 

Hearing the sigh, Jiyong glanced at Dara. She was busy playing with her foot and the ground that she didn’t realise Jiyong was staring at her in distress. This was new to him; everything related to Dara was new to him. “I’m sorry for bringing you all this way and not knowing what to do.” He apologised. He was feeling guilty, something he has never felt before.

 

 

Dara looked up at him with a warm smile. “It’s okay.” And then they were back to being silent. This time Jiyong sighed. He should have asked the others before kidnapping Dara for the day.

 

 

“I know where to go…come on!” Dara started dragging Jiyong this time. She felt sorry for him not knowing where to go so she decided to take him somewhere she loved going with her friends. Jiyong gawked at their skin ship and grinned.

 

 

“Game arcade?” Jiyong’s mouth was open wide as he stared at Dara in surprise.

 

 

“What’s wrong with a game arcade?” Dara questioned innocently.

 

 

“Nothing’s wrong with it but you play in a game arcade?!” Jiyong was beyond shock. Every other girl he met would never come here. They wouldn’t even give it a first look. Well then again Dara was different, he thought.

 

 

“Aish! Girls do play in game arcades okay! Don’t be so ist! I’m really good by the way…just a warning…” She tapped his nose before rushing inside. A bigger grin replaced his smaller one as he followed behind.

 

 

“I’m probably better Dara…” Jiyong popped up his collar as she headed for the motorbike game. He watched her get on. He could tell she was experienced by the way she sat and held it.

 

 

“I doubt it Jiyong. Now give me money!” She pulled out her hand waiting for Jiyong to lend her some money so she can do some whooping. “Come on then quick!” Putting in the money, they both got ready. Dara chose the lap type and then turned her head to glare at Jiyong. “It’s on. If I win you will do whatever I ask for and vice versa!”

 

 

“Deal!” Jiyong shouted back. And before they knew it the game started. Dara rushed off with her motorbike whilst Jiyong waited a bit before accelerating his. “I gave you a head start by the way…” He spoke.

 

 

“I didn’t need it…” Dara retorted, stopping her motorbike midway so Jiyong can reach her. Jiyong was beyond amused. He could tell she liked competition. She looked so determined. “Just because I’m a girl don’t be so easy on me…”

 

 

“Whatever you say madam…” When Jiyong finally reached Dara’s motorbike, they both started to ride again. Jiyong was in the lead when they reached first lap but that was Dara’s trick. She always let them go first so she can crush them when it comes to the final lap but she could tell Jiyong was proficient, the way he dodged all the cars. She smirked when the final lap appeared, her winning cap was on and she drove like no tomorrow. Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter