26

Life As We Know It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

 

 

 

"Where is Jiyong?" Mr Kwon whispered as Dami walked into the conference hall instead of Jiyong, who was supposed to lead the meeting today. He clutched onto the file on his hand in anger as his daughter gave him a bored look. She's been treating them like a boring book ever since she came back to Seoul. They perfectly knew the reason. The Kwon parents only received hatred from their own children and it only discouraged them.

 

 

"He received another meeting in the states. See he's working hard to prosper this company." Dami replied flatly. Of course she was lying but she couldn't say that to her father.

 

 

"Oh. He didn't tell me." Mr Kwon leaned back as he inhaled deeply.  

 

 

"He is the CEO now." She smirked before clearing grabbing the attention of the rest of the board members. Their eyes landed on Dami wondering the same thing her father was when she first walked in. "Mr Kwon has an urgent meeting held in the states, the reason for I am here. So let's commence." She grinned, clapping her hands happily.

 

 

Mr Kwon however eyed the file. He was going to make Jiyong sign the marriage certificate today but now it's impossible. Luckily, he was able to attach another paper to it so Jiyong would not suspect a thing. And before he could do anything, it will be all over the news. Mr Kwon grinned in contentment. After few months he will definitely set his son free by getting a divorce but for now his son will help him ruin the Lee's.

 

 

"Two can play this game Lee Kin Ji." He thought.

 

 

--------

 

 

Bom waited by the arrivals as she tried getting a better view. Her eyes landed on her watch. "Jiyong must have landed by now." She mumbled to herself as she kept tip toeing. Finally people started appearing, and less people stood by the arrivals. But the boy she was waiting for was still missing. "Aish where is that ?!" She muttered, getting few weird glances from people.

 

 

"Boo!"

 

 

"AHHH!!! YOU JIYONG!!" Bom yelled as she scowled at the boy stood in front of her with a grin. Once again she earned weird glances from passer-by’s. She punched him on his arm. "What took you so long?" She questioned. Her eyes scanned him. He was in a suit. He looked thinner than before and he clearly failed at hiding the eye bags. She could clearly see Jiyong as a changed man.

 

 

"I went shopping. I saw few shops around and bought things. I didn't get anything so yeah." He explained as they both started to head out.

 

 

"Gawd. You're so eager to see her aren't you?" Bom says as she admired thinking about the couple. If only she had a boyfriend.

 

 

Jiyong nodded like a kid. "How is she?" He asked.

 

 

"She's doing well." Jiyong placed his bags into the back seat before placing himself down in the passenger seat. Bom started to drive as they both conversed.

 

 

"How far is it?" Jiyong opened the cars compartment only to shut it seeing 'women things'. His cheeks turned beet red. That was embarrassing, he thought.

 

 

"Takes an hour or so." She answered flatly. She was too busy focusing on the road to realise what Jiyong witnessed. "I'm still not comfortable driving here..." She muttered to herself but they both paused hearing Bom's phone ring.

 

 

"Grab my phone from my bag. It might be Dara. Pali Pali." Once Dara's name landed in his name, he rummaged through her bag quickly but saddened not seeing her name on the caller ID. "Who is it?" Bom asked. Jiyong shoved the phone in her face.

 

 

"Oh. How comes her parents are calling?" Bom mumbled answering the phone. Jiyong watched Bom's reaction. He had no idea if he was supposed to worry or not seeing her expressions. "!" B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter