CH 06 | Gratitude

My First Love, Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six ✿ Gratitude

As promised, you wanted Jinnie to experience watching his first sunrise. You reluctantly woke up and escaped from the arm that was wrapped around you.

Just seeing the two boys cuddling each other while sleeping, you couldn’t hide your smile. This was something you’ve always dreamt of, something you hoped for Jinnie to experience… this image in front of you was surreal.

Bringing yourself back from your deep thoughts, you gentle shook Jiyong’s shoulder “Ji, we have to make it for the sunrise…” you whispered.

For someone who’s a heavy sleeper, his eyes finally open along with Jinnie’s. “Now that you’re both awake let’s go to the beach to watch the sunrise ~” you softly cheered.

Jinnie sat up while Jiyong was falling back asleep. “Jinnie ~ I think you should help your appa up ~ let him experience your power kiss baby”

Leaning towards his dad’s cheek, Jiyong swiftly turned his head to kiss Jinnie on the lips. “Jinnie, I didn’t your power kiss works on me… how about your eomma-“

You pulled Jinnie towards you to put on his padded jacket “okay ~ enough with the morning kisses, let’s go before we miss it” you got up and walked out of the room leaving the boys.

“Eomma, bukkeureowo~” the little one giggled and ran outside. You were preparing Jinnie’s baby food and packing hot chocolate and other snacks while the three of you spend the morning at the beach.

The three of you gently walked on the sand, cautious since it was still dark. Settling down on a nice spot, the three of you sat down with Jinnie sitting in between the two of you.

Jiyong was busy feeding Jinnie while you were preparing small breakfast for you a Ji. In a blink the, the beach brightened and the sun was finally rising.

The three of you silently watched the sun rise. It was beautiful… just like the last time you were here with him. “yeppeo” the little one clapped.

“I’m happy birthday Jinyoung-ah ~” you pulled the little one into a warm embrace while Jiyong did the same right after “Happy birthday Jinnie, appa’s happy that he got to celebrate your birthday with you” he thanked while kissing the boys forehead.

“I need to take a photo of the three of us” Jiyong claimed while pulling out his phone. Happily posing in front of the camera, the multiple shots were taken.

From Jinnie’s sudden excitement and energy he was running towards the moist sand to build his sand castle – leaving you and Jiyong. “I’m going to be thanking you for the rest of my life.”

“And I guess that I’ll just have to keep accepting them” you chuckled. “Hey… once we go back-“

“It’s Jinnie’s birthday, can’t we talk about this after the family party. I just want this day to be special with the two of you, Let me be Jiyong for today – I just want to escape from the reality that I have to return to the following day” he pulled you in for hug.

You knew exactly how he felt. After Jinnie’s birthday things will turn back to how it was before this week and you were afraid because no matter how hard you tried not to get attached, your heart didn’t want to follow.

Reality is a , and you’ll repeat saying that to yourself over and over again but now wasn’t the time to worry about the day after tomorrow or the future. You want to be selfish just this once and make the most out of this day.

“I guess we should go back to the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter