CH 20 | Longing

My First Love, Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty ✿ Longing

“Ji, Are you home?” You asked, knocking on his door early in the morning after dropping Jinnie to school.  “Kwon Jiyong-ssi, are you-“ finally the front door was opened “Hi, can I help you?” a girl who opened the door asked.

Confused with the sudden presence of a female in Jiyong’s house, you were…intimidated… and you suddenly felt like you were interrupting something between them. “Uh, I’m a neighbour of Ji-“

Before you could even finish speaking “I’m guessing you’re close to Yong-ah, so do you mind taking care of him?” She suddenly requested “I have a schedule to go to and I’m worried for Yong-ah… his currently experiencing a fever and even though I don’t want to leave him alone I need to go to work. I hope you don’t mind?” she waited for your name.

“Sera, Chae Sera. Uh, As to your request I’ll take care of him uh do you mind if I ask for your name?” you asked “Ah yes, sorry I’m Park Soyoung. Well I’m sorry but I have to really go now. Yong-ah is currently resting in his room. It was nice meeting you Chae Sera-ssi” she thanked before quickly leaving.

Closing the door after you entered the house, you immediately went towards his bedroom to check up on him. “Ji-“ His clothes where scattered on the floor and there he was lying in bed half . “Soyoung?” he softly called. For some reason you felt unpleasant hearing a different name of a girl…

“Ani, Ji its Sera. Soyoung-ssi had to leave for work. Are you okay? Just yesterday you were fine when we were together” you replied and worried at the same time as you picked up pieces of clothing on the floor. “I’m sorry, I should have replied to your message last night about meeting up… I just went straight to bed and after dropping Jinnie of to school I had to disturb you and Soyoung-ssi. Sorry Ji” you apologised.

“Ani. Can you just help me check my temperature and get a new pair of clothing please” He requested. “Ji, you have a slight fever still. I’m going to prepare a warm bath for you since you were sweating last night after that you can have your breakfast. Okay.” You claimed.

Today you wanted to do your best in helping Jiyong recover immediately. “Is the food too bland?” you asked while the two of you were eating. Since he is sick, the breakfast this morning was a lot healthier and you were worried he wouldn’t like it. “Ani, it’s fine. Thanks Sera-ah… I actually wanted us to go out today since I have a free day but instead we’re stuck here because of me” he sighed feeling apologetics for wasting a fine day.

“Well we could go for a drive around lunch time, it's not that good to trap yourself home just because you’re sick, you need some fresh air as well. I’ll drive and we’ll go for a little stroll-“

“Then let’s have a picnic at a beach” he quickly suggests. “Beach? The closest one via car will take us around 2 hours?” you replied feeling unsure. “Well then we’ll leave right after this” he reassured.

You honestly couldn’t argue back with Jiyong throughout the entire day, whatever he wanted to eat, drink and do you allowed him to have the entire day his way without any complaints. There was something in you that just wanted to be there for Jiyong though you were having fun with the time spent him there was one thing that has been bugging your mind the whole day.

Resting on a mat on the fine sand of the beach the two of you sat down with a few bottles and cans of alcohol. You needed the alcohol to help you become more frank with the things that have been trapped in your mind. Letting the alcohol seep into your veins, it was slowly kicking in and you were starting open up. “Ji, about your girlfriend-“

“What about Young-ah? Did she perhaps say anything to you?” he butted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter