Hey, You're Cute.

You'll Stay, Right?

 

Kris sat at home bored, he played around on his phone and looked at the clock. He was supposed to go on vacation with his family soon back to China to visit his grandmother. He remembered his trip there six years earlier when he went there for a school year. He looked up at his mom when she walked in the room.
 
"Kris! You ready?"
 
"Yeah mom. I was waiting on you."
 
Kris got up and went to his room, he searched through his closet for the suitcase. He wasn't ready at all, but he said he was. He grabbed his clothes and tossed it in the suitcase. He looked around the room and put in a few pairs of shoes and his toothbrush, everything he actually needed for his trip. Kris dragged the suitcase behind him to the door and grinned a little.
 
Kris searched through his phone for a picture he always saved whenever he got a new one. It was of Tao when he was nine, Kris kept it because he didn't want to forget about the cute boy who became his friend. The picture had Tao still in his school uniform, sitting cross legged on the bed of his bedroom, hugging Mao Mao with a big smile. 
 
"Kris! We're leaving!"
 
"Okay, I'm coming,"
 
Kris put his phone in his pocket and followed his parents out the door. He walked to the car and put all the bags in the back. Kris wondered how Tao looked now, they kept in touch for the first two years but then Kris just forgot to reply, and Tao never sent another letter or email. Kris sat down in the back of the car and thought to himself.
 
How old would Tao be now? 15? No...16, his birthday is in May. I wonder what he looks like. Maybe he still looks cute like he did when he was little. Maybe he remembers me, I don't know. I wouldn't recognize him I bet. He's probably still short though.
 
Kris watched the scenery pass on his way to the airport, he sighed and thought of how much less China seemed to have than Canada. No matter how excited he was to be going back to China to see Tao and his grandmother, he'll miss the modern-ness of Canada. 
 
"Mom, when does out plane leave?" 
 
"At 10 pm."
 
"Ah....so Tao would be in school then...."  Kris mumbled to himself.
 
"Wait Kris? Who?"
 
"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking out loud." 
 
In fact, he was. By the time Kris' plane had taken off, Tao was sitting very bored in his Math class. He knew what they were talking about and to be quite honest, the teacher bored him to death. He just wanted school to end so it would be Summer vacation. It's the last day in June and Tao had work and wushu, so his summer wouldn't be fun, but it wouldn't be in school. He looked up at the board as the teacher wrote down more equations, Tao was solving them in his head as the other students either slept or wrote them down. 
 
As the bell rang, Tao got up and grabbed his backpack, dropping his phone from his hand. He caught it quickly and followed a friend out to his next class before lunch. Tao looked at is phone and saw he had an email. He looked at it.
 
Students are to report to their afternoon classes as normal. This is a full day of school, no one is allowed to leave after lunch. Summer vacation does not start until that last bell leaves. GO TO YOUR CLASSES.
 
Tao laughed to himself and rolled his eyes, he looked over at his friend and showed him the email.
 
"Well there goes my day."
 
He laughed and walked into his classroom, leaving his friend to go to his. Tao sat down in the back of class and put his bag down. As class started he already zoned out, he began to think about Kris. He wondered why Kris didn't respond to his letters or emails after a while. Tao had been without Internet for a short while so he couldn't email Kris to tell him and his letters didn't get through. Tao wondered how much Kris grew, he wondered if Kris was still tall. He sighed.
 
Well you're my Mao Mao. My panda. I'll protect you like you do him...humph, protect me my . He left after the semester and hasn't even said a word to me in four years. I don't even know why I bother to think of him anymore. It isn't like I'm not well. I've had nine girlfriends at one time, I'm amazing! But....well they didn't make me happy...Kris made me happy....wait a second. What am I even saying?! I sound gay! I'm not gay! No way! Not a chance! I wouldn't want to kiss his....his perfect lips...his....ACK! STOP IT ZITAO! Ugh, okay...you're in History class. Focus...on...History. Focus! It's your favorite class, you'll be fine. Okay, Boxer rebellion! Lets go! 
 
Tao looked up at the board and copied what was being written on it. He sighed and tried to get his mind straight on History and not Kris. Somehow everything reminded him of Kris, Tao stared down at his paper and wiggled in his seat, he was anxious to go to lunch so he could talk with his friends about something meaningful.
 
Kris had fallen asleep on the plane ride to China, he yawned as his mother woke him up to get off the plane. Kris sat up and rubbed his eyes, he looked around. Kris stood up and grabbed his carry on from the overheard bin. He swung it around his shoulder and walked off the plane to baggage. Kris remembered the fist time he stepped foot in this airport. He remembered his grandmother and the taxi and everything. He got his luggage and walked outside the airport with his parents. 
 
"Are we taking a taxi?"
 
"No, your father is going rent us a car."
 
"Ah....okay."
 
Kris got in the back of the car with all the luggage as his father pulled up. He looked around with a smile and watched as they drove off to go to his grandmother's. Kris was excited to finally go back to Qingdao to see his family and old friend, Tao. Kris immediately got out the car as it pulled up and walked over to Tao's. He stopped and checked the time, he knew it was later. It was 1:48a.m. He sighed and walked away, he helped bring in the luggage and went to his old room. He laid down on the bedding and yawned. Kris fell asleep.
 
At the same time, Tao was just getting home from his nightly wushu practice and work. He practiced on his own after work since he could no longer practice after school with his teacher. He finally got home and collapsed on his bed. He closed his eyes and went to sleep, hugging an old friend, Mao Mao.
 
In the morning, Tao woke up and went to wushu early, he got in extra practice and went home again. He had to work all day today. He didn't want to work the first day of summer, but he had to. He put on his work uniform and walked to Starbucks to start his day. Tao clocked in and yawned, walking to the counter and putting on a smile for the customers.
 
Kris woke up around nine and yawned, sitting up. He looked around the room and rubbed his eyes. He got dressed and said goodbye to his parents, walking out the house and around. Kris walked around Qingdao, he noticed the school, Tao's martial arts school and a few stores he didn't remember. Kris came across something he didnt think he'd ever see in China.
 
"Whoa...! A Starbucks! Finally something good here!"
 
Kris walked into the shop and looked around. He took in the sweet smell of coffee and walked to the back of the line. He waited for a little while. He noticed the barista and grinned.
 
Hey...this dude is pretty cute. He's tall too. Thin...he looks like he's got some muscle too. Damn, this dude is attractive. I want to see his face, come on turn around cutie. Let Kris see you.
 
Kris grinned as it was his turn to order, he leaned on the counter and waited for the boy to turn around. He stood straight and stared as Tao turned around with a smile.
 
"Hi! How may I--"
 
"Tao...?"
 
"....Kris...? You're back?"
 
Kris nodded and smiled. He leaned on the counter again, looking Tao up and down. He was cute, no he was down right y as hell. Kris stared at Tao and grinned. Tao raised an eyebrow and poked Kris' shoulder.
 
"Hey...Kris Wu. What. Do. You. Want. To. Drink?"
 
"Huh? Oh...just make me a late."
 
Tao chuckled and nodded, turning around to make the drink for Kris. He calmly waited for the milk to heat up. Kris looked at Tao with a small smile. Tao was still cute. Kris stopped smiling and acted cool as Tao turned and gave Kris his coffee. He payed for Kris and took off his apron.
 
"You done?"
 
"Yeah, let's go hang out. I wanna catch up."
 
"On what?"
 
"On why you didn't talk to me in four years you ."
 
"? When did you start cursing?"
 
"How would I know? I don't do it often. Kris come on."
 
"Alright alright, where to?"
 
"My house."
 
Tao grabbed Kris' hand and tugged him over. Kris held Tao's hand tightly and smiled a little. He was much more accepting of this now that he knew how he was and that he knew Tao better. Tao walked home and pulled Kris into his room. He sat on his bed and pulled Kris down to sit. 
 
"You're much happier now. You aren't hurting anyone anymore, right?"
 
"Yeah I stopped."
 
Tao chuckled and nodded.
 
"Good, so how's life been? Any girlfriends?"
 
"Well, a few but I don't think my interest is in girls."
 
"Oh? It isn't? I've had about nine at one time before, so I guess girls don't interest me either considering I've gotten bored with nine around me."
 
Kris chuckled and shook his head.
 
"You're still as dumb as ever, Huang ZiTao."
 
"Hey, I'm not!"
 
"You are!"
 
"Are not!"
 
"Ah! Tao shut up, you're acting like a child."
 
Tao laughed and leaned on Kris. He looked up at him.
 
"You grew a lot, Tao."
 
"I wasn't going to be tiny forever, you grew too."
 
Kris nodded and chuckled. He hugged Tao around the waist and squeezed, he stopped for a moment and blinked.
 
"You feel really strong..."
 
"I am."
 
Kris curiously lifted up Tao's shirt to show his abs.
 
"Holy...Tao when did these develop?!"
 
Tao shrugged and pushed his shirt back down, he smiled. Kris looked around the room. The Polaroid of Kris was taped to his wall along with all of the other stuff that was there, there were also many books and a few weapons for what Kris assumed would be for Tao's wushu. The room hadn't changed much at all.
 
"You're still the same Tao."
 
"Yeah.."
 
Tao looked up at his clock and sat up, he hissed in annoyance and stood, stuffing a martial arts uniform and other things into a large gym bag.
 
"Ah! I'm going to be late if I don't hurry! Ah!" 
 
Kris sat up and looked around, he couldn't find Tao's Mao Mao. He peeked into Tao's bag before he zipped it up and found him resting inside, he smiled. Tao went over and leaned down near Kris.
 
"Stay here, I'll be back in a few hours. I want to hang out but I have wushu. I'll be back I promise!"
 
Kris nodded and sat on Tao's bed as he ran out the door.
 
"Don't be gone too long Tao!"
 
"I won't!"
 
Kris watched as Tao ran out. He sighed happily and smiled.
 
He's so adorable....and y. Huang ZiTao I'm making you mine again.