Beach Day

You'll Stay, Right?

 

Kris woke up early in the morning and showered. He yawned and let the water hit him as he washed is hair. At this point, he was taller than the shower head, which meant he had to lean down to rinse his hair off, Tao had to do the same. Kris stepped out the shower a few minutes later and dried off, changing into a comfortable outfit.
 
Tao ran around his house excitedly, he was going to the beach to go surfing. Typhoon season was the best time of year To go. He stopped and thought for a moment. He wanted to ask Kris if he wanted to go. Tao ran over to his father.
 
"Hey bàba! Can Kris come too?"
 
"Sure, go get him."
 
"Okay! My stuff is in the car already."
 
Tao ran out the house to Kris', he knocked excitedly on the door and smiled as Kris' mother opened the door.
 
"Hi, Mrs.Wu. Can Kris come surfing with my family and I?"
 
She smiled and called Kris over. Kris left his room and walked to the door, he smiled over at Tao.
 
"Kris do you want to go surfing with Tao and his family?"
 
"Really? Of course! There's no question! Yeah!"
 
Tao smiled and started bouncing in place.
 
"Then hurry! Hurry! We're leaving soon!"
 
"Ah, alright! Calm down!"
 
Kris walked back to his room and changed, stuffing a few things into a bag and walking back out. Tao grabbed Kris' wrist and pulled him to their family car. He placed Kris' stuff next to his own and got in the car, pulling Kris next to him. Tao bounced excitedly in his seat and started singing Chinese songs from movies he'd seen. Kris laughed as the car pulled away and began its drive to the beach.
 
"What song is that? Sounds like Mulan."
 
"It is! I saw it last night."
 
"That's so childish."
 
"So?"
 
"Cute."
 
After a while, Tao started to get restless. Tao smiled and hugged Mao Mao, leaning his head on Kris' shoulder. Kris smiled and ran his fingers through Tao's hair. Tao looked sleepy but he was still excited to be going to the beach. He hadn't gone since last summer and it was a family tradition to go ever since Tao was old enough to surf. 
 
Tao began to fall asleep, hugging Mao Mao and letting Kris treat him like a small child again. He sighed softly and looked up at Kris. Kris looked down and smiled.
 
"Sleepy?"
 
"Just a little. Car rides make me sleepy."
 
"That's cute, Tao. Well rest, I'll be right here."
 
Tao nodded with a soft smile and hugged Kris' waist. He closed his eyes and yawned, soon falling asleep for the remaining hour of the trip. Kris nudged Tao as they reached their destination. He made Tao sit up and chuckled.
 
"Wake up, sleepyhead."
 
Tao chuckled and stretched out. He got out the car barefoot and felt the sand underneath his feet. Tao grinned and fell to the ground, rolling in the sand. Kris got out the car and watched.
 
"Want to go swimming?"
 
Tao nodded as he stood, he helped his father unhook the boards from their car and take them down. There were three board, two long, one short. Tao had been the only one skilled enough to use the short board. His natural competitive and disciplined nature made him practice over and over until he got good enough. Kris, on the other hand, was so awkward on the board he fell while even sitting on it.
 
Tao sat on the edge of the car and took his shirt off, grabbing his board and smiling over at Kris. Kris stared at Tao. His body was perfect. He was tall, slender, and had perfect abs. He had the kind of body that someone worked hard to get. Kris took his shirt off and put his hand over his stomach. He had...an ab. If you could call it that. He wasn't muscular like Tao was, he was just strong...well strong enough to carry Tao, but Tao wasn't very heavy. 
 
Kris followed as Tao ran out to the water, excited to get back to his summer routine. Whenever a wave popped up, Kris could see Tao paddling to catch it. By this time, Kris accepted that Tao was pretty much a renaissance man in every sport he tried. He could play basketball, he was amazing in wushu and now he could surf. Kris tried for the hours Tao was happily surfing, but he always fell. 
 
After a while, Tao sat on his board and waded in the water, waiting for waves and watching Kris fall over and over. Kris soon gave up and joined Tao on his longboard. They sat together and held hands. Tao smiled over at Kris and played with his fingers.
 
"You know how when I said I loved you?"
 
"Yeah, I remember."
 
"I do. I love you."
 
"Tao, we haven't dated long."
 
"I know, but I've known you for a while, I was so close to you and I know I love you."
 
Kris looked over at Tao and smiled, squeezing his hand. He looked back down at the water and watched as they floated further out.
 
"Well...I love you too."
 
Tao smiled and leaned over, resting his head on Kris' shoulder. He looked down and played with Kris' fingers again. He did that when he was nervous. Kris looked over and lifted up Tao's head, kissing him softly. Tao smiled a little more.
 
"Don't make me blush!"
 
He pushed Kris away slightly, Kris lost his balance and fell off the board into the water. Tao started laughing and leaned over the edge to help Kris. Kris grabbed Tao's arm and pulled him off the board as well. 
 
"Hey! Kri-"
 
Tao hit the water and went under, he looked around the clear water and yanked Kris' suit down. Kris yelled and laughed, pulling it back up as Tao climbed on the board and paddled back to the shore. Kris swam after him and tried to catch up, he grabbed Tao's ankle and let him pull him to shore. 
 
Tao stood up and brought everything back to the car, he helped put the board up and grabbed a bucket. He walked over to the water and filled the bucket, bringing it back to the car and setting it in the sand.
 
"Hey, cover me."
 
"What?"
 
"I'm changing, just keep watch."
 
"Um, okay."
 
Tao grabbed his bag and opened one of the doors, he opened the bag and pulled his clothes out. Kris looked around as Tao started to undress. He wondered if Tao was almost done after a little bit and turned around to look. Kris blushed and turned back around quickly once he saw Tao . He stared down at the sand and shifted positions. Tao poked Kris' shoulder and chuckled, tossing his bag in the back of the car.
 
"Your turn." 
 
"I change out here?!"
 
"Duh..."
 
Kris sighed and took his bag, putting it where Tao's was and began to change. Tao stood quietly, swinging his arms back and forth while watching to make sure no one could see Kris. Kris finished changing quickly and pushed his bag in with the others. Tao smiled and climbed in to the car, sticking his feet in the bucket of water to rinse the sand off. 
 
"Make sure to dump it out when you do it."
 
"Alright."
 
Kris got in the car and cleaned the sand off of his feet. He dumped the water out and handed the bucket to Tao. Tao tossed it in the back with the rest of the stuff and leaned on his door. He was tired. 
 
After a few minutes of driving, Tao was already asleep. He was leaning on Kris and hugging his arm. Tao was perfectly comfortable right where he was. Kris smiled and ran his fingers through Tao's hair again, taking a dry towel and putting it over Tao as a blanket. Tao's mother looked behind to see them. She smiled.
 
"You treat him well."
 
"I do."
 
"You must really care about my son, Kris. He cares a lot about you."
 
"I do care about him. I love Tao."
 
Kris smiled at Tao's mom and diverted all of his attention to Tao once again, hugging him close.
 
"I love you a lot, Tao."