I Don't Like New People

You'll Stay, Right?

 

Tao woke early in the afternoon after sleeping only a few hours. The bright sun was shining through the window into his eyes. Tao whined and buried his face into Kris' pillow. He searched around for Kris' hand and accidentally poked Kris' cheek. Tao looked up and smiled. Kris was still asleep and holding Tao gently in his arms. Tao giggled softly and wiggled his way closer to the warmth. 
 
"Kris — Wake up." 
 
"Nng"
 
Kris moved away and pulled the covers over his head. Tao sat up and yawned, stretching out on the bed before getting up and getting dressed. Kris peeked out though the covers and watched Tao. He smirked and reached out, pinching Tao's . Tao jumped and slapped Kris' hand away.
 
"Hey! Get up! Your phone woke me up anyway."
 
Kris sat up a little on his elbows and checked his phone. He had messages from SM, talking about news and other events going on and when Kris should go back for his training. He also had messages from his friends, asking to hang out since Kris was back. Kris got up and got dressed, dragging Tao behind him. Tao followed quickly and looked around.
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"Oh, just to see some of my friends."
 
"But...I don't speak English."
 
"I'll translate for you."
 
Tao nodded and followed Kris around to a nearby cafe. He sat down at a table and didnt say a word when Kris' friends arrived. Kris greeted them happily and grinned, immediately sparking a conversation with them.
 
Tao stayed quiet and smiled, he understood some of what they had said considering he tried studying English earlier, but he couldn't respond.
 
"So, Kris…who's the dude?" 
 
"Him?"
 
Kris motioned over to Tao, making Tao look over a Kris.
 
"Yeah, he doesn't say much at all."
 
"He doesn't speak English."
 
"Then, why did you bring him to Canada?"
 
"Cause he's my boyfriend."
 
"Ah? You turned gay on us. I knew you would!"
 
"Shut up! I like ZiTao a lot so you can kiss my if you don't like it."
 
"I think he'd rather do that."
 
Kris' friends laughed, Tao understood the just of what they said and got annoyed. He stood and pushed both of them backwards onto the ground. Kris looked over at Tao and then to his friends stuck in their chairs. He laughed and pulled Tao to sit down.
 
"Why did you do that?"
 
"Because they're jerks."
 
"They're messing around!"
 
"I'm not a joke to them, so anything they say I do will not be taken as a joke!"
 
"Ah, Tao—"
 
"Hey! Dude! Why did you do that?!"
 
Tao looked at the two guys and sat quietly, not saying a word. He refused to speak even though he could've responded. Kris' friends looked at Kris and scoffed.
 
"He may be a boy but he's acting like a woman."
 
Tao stood again, he was pulled back by Kris and pushed to sit down.
 
"Guys, he doesn't like that. That's why he's pissed, and I recommend you take this as a warning because he's an expert at Kung Fu."
 
Tao pouted cutely so Kris would forgive him and crossed his arms, sitting silently again. Kris chuckled. 
 
"That's not fair, Kris! Look at him! He's like a box to make fun of!"
 
"Dude...stop."
 
"We've been your best friend for years, c'mon!"
 
"I met you in High School. I've known him since he was 9."
 
One of the guys leaned down and flicked Tao's forehead. 
 
"So unfair."
 
Tao kept quiet until the guy turned around. Tao quickly kicked him in the back of his legs and made him fall to the ground, not moving from his seat.
 
"ZiTao!"
 
"Kris it's not fair! They shouldn't make fun of me! You know how I was in Elementary School! I'm not taking that!"
 
"Fine! But stop hitting people!"
 
Tao smiled sweetly and spoke in English this one time. He stood up.
 
"Fine~ See you at home."
 
Tao stepped on the guy on his way out, walking back towards Kris' house. Kris rolled his eyes and drug his other friend to catch Tao.
 
"ZiTao get your Stubborn Chinese over here!"
 
Tao stopped and looked back at Kris.
 
"What do you want?"
 
Kris walked over and chuckled, grabbing Tao's hand and pulling him over.
 
"Ah, ZiTao."
 
"Hmph."
 
Tao wiggled away and smiled. He kissed Kris' nose.
 
"Go hang out with your friends. Okay?"
 
Kris pulled Tao closer again.
 
"Stay here~ Please?~"
 
Tao laughed.
 
"You can't act cute, Kris. It doesn't work."
 
Kris shrugged and hugged Tao's waist. Tao wiggled away again and poked Kris' chest.
 
"No. Go have fun."
 
Kris nodded and let Tao go back to the house. Tao looked around the house once he was home and went to Kris' room. He sat on the bed and looked at all the things in Kris' room. Kris stayed behind to hang out with friends. Tao huffed and lay back on Kris' bed, staring at the ceiling.
 
"I don't like new people."