One More Week

You'll Stay, Right?

Tao sat happily on his bed, huggin Mao Mao. His legs were crossed and he was smiling wide as Kris took a picture of him on his phone. Tao kept smiling and crawled over to look at it. He giggled and hugged Kris around the shoulders as best he could. Kris looked over at him with a smile and saved the photo, pulling Tao over his shoulders and into a hug, making Tao squeal with laughter.

"Kris! Ah!"

"Tao, you're too cute I just can't handle you sometimes!"

Kris hugged Tao and let him laugh. Kris was upset that he would be leaving in a week but he wouldn't tell Tao now. he didn't want to make him sad. Tao sat up and pushed Mao Mao to Kris, he crawled around his bedroom in search of a camera he had gotten for his birthday.

"Your turn, Kris gege!"

Kris chuckled and tried to copy Tao, he got embarrassed and pushed Mao Mao in front of his smile, acting as cute as he could. Tao kept laughing and took the picture, setting the camera down and hugging Kris again. Kris smiled and pat Tao's head, threading his fingers in the younger boy's hair. It was so soft, like his skin was. Tao was perfect. He was small and cute, could hold his own against anyone and had the cutest face Kris had ever seen. 

Kris pulled out of the hug and stood, lifting Tao up and carrying him outside. He walked to the back of Tao's house and sat down in the grass. Tao held on like a child would and kept smiling. 

"Kris I don't want you to ever leave."

"Well Tao, I'll have to once school is over."

Tao looked at kris with the biggest pout he could make.

"But Kris, once you leave I'll be sad."

"I know, Tao. Me too, but I don't control it. I would stay if I could..."

Tao nodded a little and snuggled closer to Kris, he sniffled and wipes his eyes. Even as a child tao was sensitive. He didn't want Kris to go. Tao tried to speak without letting Kris know how upset he was, but is voice was wavering ever so slightly.

"You'll keep in touch, right?"

Kris nodded and pulled Tao away, wiping Tao's tears away with his thumbs. He sighed and smiled softly at Tao, trying to make him smile back, but Tao just looked down, holding Kris' hand tightly.

"One more week and I won't see you again...I don't want that. You're my best friend."

"I'll make sure to write you and send emails. Okay?"

"I'll do the same. But please just stay with me as much as you can until you leave. I want years worth of tiime in this week."

"Of course, my baby panda. I promise I will."

Tao nodded and gave a small smile, he hugged Kris again and tried to stop crying. Kris chuckled and ruffled Tao's hair, patting his back.

"You know, if you're crying now, you'll be a disaster when I actually do leave. I didn't know Pandas were such babies."

Tao smiled a little more and bit Kris' ear.

"I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy. I just...well I'm a sensitive panda. I'm like...like Mao Mao! He's soft and squishy and he likes to get love."

Kris rubbed his ear and tickled Tao away from him, making him laugh.

"Well, Tao Tao...I'll make sure to keep you as happy as possible even after I leave. We're friends for life!"

Tao smiled and held his stomach, kicking Kris' hands away, he nodded. 

"You better promise, Kris Wu!"

"I promise! And if I don't, whenever we meet again...I give you permission to hit me! Got that?"

Tao nodded and laughed, sitting up.

"I don't think you could handle me hitting you. You look tough but you're about as squishy as rice balls are."

Kris smiled and pinched Tao's cheeks, he slid him closer and grabbed his small hands, giving them a squeeze. Tao stretched his hand out over Kris' and smiled. 

"From now on, we're like brothers. We'll always remember each other."

"Gege...stop being mushy. It'll make me sad again!"

"Okay, Tao. Okay."

Tao grinned and stuck his tongue out at Kris, he laughed and jumped up, pulling Kris to his feet. He walked around the neighborhood for a while, holding Kris' hand tightly. Kris looked down at Tao with a soft smile, he squeezed Tao's hand again and whispered.

"My Panda....just one more week and we'll seperate. I'm not looking forward to that."