Debut

You'll Stay, Right?

"Kris, I'm nervous!" 

Tao clung to Kris like a child, he could hear the screams of the crowd and the music of the group that went on before EXO. He wasn't just nervous, he was terrified. 

"You'll be fine, Tao. Just don't think about anything but the music."

Kris gave Tao a protective squeeze and let him go, sending Tao to his spot in line. Tao looked back at Kris nervously as the PD told them to go on stage and they'll start the music as soon as the group was ready. Tao took a deep breath and walked onstage with the other members, putting on a brave face. On the inside, Tao's stomach felt as if it had turned over. These were no longer butterflies, these were angry hornets buzzing around inside Tao's stomach, hindering him from focusing for a moment.

Kris noticed Tao looking nervous, but at this point there was nothing he could do to calm the younger boy. He simply waiting as the music started, following the steps that were etched in his memory through months of practicing. Tao, who now looked like he had gone through an entire change of character, was following the entire song nearly flawlessly. Tao's rap was perfect, his choreography, even though he messed up a few times, seemed flawless. Kris on the other hand, even though his rap was very well done, his dancing was always a little awkward because of his height. 

As soon as their performance was complete, the entire crowd erupted in cheers. EXO began laughing and cheering themselves as soon as they got backstage. Every member was excited. Kris stood with a smile, looking around for Tao until he was suddenly attacked by him. 

"KRIS WE DID SO WELL!" 

"We did! We did!"

Kris held Tao up and carried him to the dressing room, Tao was smiling and talking to everyone while still in Kris' arms. Xiumin and Luhan were laughing and talking to Chanyeol and Chen who were so excited. Lay stood near Sehun and ate fruit. Kai and Kyungsoo were hugging and jumping around like children while Suho and Baekhyun excitedly spoke with the manager who were congratulating them.

"Okay! EXO BACK TO THE VANS!"

The group quickly changed and filed out after the show back to the vans they arrived in, being brought back home to their dorms. Most of th members continued to celebrate, Lay had fallen asleep. Kris dragged Tao to his room, falling on the bed and pulling Tao on top of him. Tao smiled.

"Kris, I'm so excited."

"You look sleepy."

"That too..."

"Go to sleep, TaoTao."

Tao shook his head.

"Yes,Tao. Sleep."

"I don't wanna.."

Kris chuckled, Tao was already falling asleep even with all the noise and cheers. Kris gently rubbed Tao's back as he fell asleep.

"You're too damn cute, Huang Zitao. Always have been."

"...mm..."