Birthday

You'll Stay, Right?

Kris was a little upset when he didn't see Tao at school. He hadn't missed school at all within the months that Kris had been there. It was May 2nd and there was only a month left of school until Kris left. He wasn't going to stay for summer, just the school year, and he wanted to spend as much time with Tao as he could before the school year was over. 

Tao didn't have to go to school on his birthday since it was the only day he had in the year where he was special. He smiled and sat at the table as his mom cooked him a nice lunch. He was happy today, no wushu, no school, and he was now 10 years old! 

"You want a lot of rice, right ZiTao?"

Tao nodded and grinned. He ate quickly, devouring the rice and fish and meat as fast as he could. He jumped up and hugged him mom. She laughed.

"Oh, ZiTao, you're usually not this happy on your birthday. Why is today different?"

"Cause I'm ten! And I have Kris to hang out with after school!"

Tao smiled.

"ZiTao, as tradition, what movie would you like to see today?"

"Hero is playing again, can we go see it since we couldn't last year?"

"Of course, ZiTao! Let's go!"

Tao smiled and ran to his bedroom, changing out of his pajamas and into his day clothes. He bounced happily as his mother walked out the house, he followed her happily, holding her hand. Once at the theater Tao got more excited, looking around the theater as his mother bought them tickets. 

Kris was sitting boredly throughout school. As school ended, he walked out and went home. He went inside and to his room to start his homework. Tao arrived home with a new panda toy and smiled. He ran over to Kris' and knocked on the door. Kris' grandmother let him in and Tao ran straight to Kris' room, pouncing on him and hugging Kris. 

"Kris gege! I'm back!"

"Ah!! Tao! What the--where were you?!"

"It's my birthday so my mom let me skip school so we could spend time together!"

Kris smiled at how happy Tao looked. He picked him up and set Tao on his lap as Tao continued to hug him.

"Is that so? Well I should get you a present little panda."

Tao nodded and watched Kris as he leaned down and dug through his bag, he grinned and pulled out a small stuffed animal. An alpaca.

"I have one of these at home, but he's too special for me to lose here. So i bought a smaller one before I came here. I want you to have Little Ace. Okay?"

Tao looked at it and smiled, he took the small alpaca animal and hugged Kris tightly. Tao grabbed the small panda from his pocket and gave it to Kris.

"I got this today, I want you to have it, okay?"

Kris nodded and took the panda, he looked at Tao and smiled. Tao was staring at his present and smiling wide. Tao loved the little alpaca toy. 

"Kris this is so cool. I love it!"

"I love this one too."

Tao hugged Kris again and closed his eyes, snuggling him cutely. Kris looked down and smiled, patting Tao's head. Tao ended up falling asleep, hugging Little Ace and Kris. Kris chuckled.

"So cute...Happy birthday Tao."