It's Scary Being Popular

You'll Stay, Right?

In the recent months, EXO has been topping the charts, going back and forth from fan meetings, concerts, signings, interviews, and TV shows. This had given them a lot of opportunities to enlarge their already huge fanbase. They soon learned that with a wide fanbase, there were some of those fans that weren't so...."healthy" per say. 

 

"Kris...can you come with me?" 

"Why? It's just down the street, go by yourself and get candy."

"I can't, I'm scared..."

"Why are you scared, Zitao?"

Tao whined, flinging himself onto Kris and knocking the tablet from his hands. Kris groaned and hugged Tao to comfort him. Tao was usually just cuddly but recently Tao, Kyungsoo, and Luhan were afraid to go outside their dorm unless one or more members accompanied them. Kyungsoo wouldn't even look out the windows without being startled.

"The crazy ones follow me. I mean I love our fans but...but...some of them are scary."

"Tao if you're really scared, just get Kyungsoo to go with you."

"I can't! He's scared too!"

Tao pouted, putting on the cutest face he could manage with tears eyes. He knew Kris couldn't resist anything he asked when Tao was being cute. Tao had gotten out of so many things because of his aegyo. Kris tried to avoid looking at Tao's face but he was ultimately drawn in by the cutesy noises and gestures Tao made.

"I swear I'm going to kill Baekyun for teaching you that. Let's go, but you owe me something afterwards."

Kris smirked, pulling Tao out of the bed and leading him outside once Tao got his shoes on. The two men walked down the street to the small convenience store so Tao could pick out some candy he said he had been craving. Kris lazily leaned on the counter and watched the door as eager fans piled outside.

"Hurry up, Tao. They're gaining numbers!" 

Kris laughed, but Tao just shuddered and brought his armfuls of candy to the counter to pay. He grabbed the bag and thanked the cashier before latching himself on to Kris.

"You go first. You're bigger. "

"Act like a man,  Zitao."

Tao huffed, slapping Kris' arm before standing straight and walking out the store, holding his bag. Kris followed quietly, fans following them both from all angles. Tao kept his cool and smiled at the fans, even agreeing to take a few pictures or sign something for them. Kris did the same, but he kept a straight face since being all happy and cheery wasn't his style. He was obviously the cool guy. They arrived back at the dorm later than Tao wanted. He quickly pulled Kris upstairs and back into the dorm to make absolutely sure they didn't miss dinner or were late and all the good stuff was gone.

"Hey! We waited for you!" (BH)

"Hurry up, we're starving!" (KAI)

"Okay, okay. Kris and I just went to the market..."

Tao scurried to the table and sat down, squeezing in between Lay and Suho. Kris sat at the end of the table where he had enoug space to move around. 

"Food!" 

"Calm down, Tao."

"I can't~~~"

Kris chuckled as Tao eagerly began eating. He found it so amusing how even at this age he would get so excited over the smallest things. He had always done that. Tao was always an excitable person, a very emotional person. Kris threw a small clump of rice at Tao, laughing when Tao looked up with a face that clearly read What the hell was that for?! Tao grabbed the rice that he had and threw it back at Kris, who just used another member as a shield. 

After dinner, Tao snuggled up close to Kris. Both boys were still wet from their shower. Tao smiled and hugged Kris' waist, holding himself close to the larger man.

" I love you, Krissy-Poo"

"I love you too, but don't ever call me that." 

Tao giggled, nodding. 

"Sleep, Panda."

"Yes sir, leader sir!"

"Aiyaah! You're so hyper." 

Tao kept laughing before Kris pulled him closer, letting Tao rest on top of him. Tao smiled, snuggling close before falling asleep.