What happens with us?

The Misconceptions of Us
I see in the corner of my eye how Onew looks at me so I look up at give him a sad smile.
 
"Sooo.... I think it's late. Jonghyun probably wants to do his beauti-sleep" Onew laughs, but is glancing at me.
Jonghyun raises his eyebrows.
 
"Yeah I could need some sleep too" Minho explains and goes over to the door.
 
"Well, I think we should go then" Key says to Nicole, then looking at me.
 
I just nod.
 
We make the way to Key's car. Before I get in I give Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin and Onew a goodbye hug. I climb in the backseat and wait for Key and Nicole who are saying also goodbye to the boys.
 
First we drive Nicole home.
She lives in a house. A pretty one. With a big wooden front door.
I'm a little jealous but I know it makes no sense.
Nicole is a member of KARA,  and gets a lot of money.
 
Me on the opposite.
I'm studying so I don't get a lot of money.
Besides I'm working in a coffee shop as a waitress. It's better to work and have an own apartment than to live with other students in a little room with no own shower and bathroom.
 
As Key said goodbye to Nicole he climb in the car again and starts to drive of. Me still in the backseat.
We don't talk. Just the radio makes the silence tolerable.
 
As we arrive at my apartment I look down at my hands not willing to get out of the car.
 
"Is something wrong?" Key asks.
 
"What happens with us?" I asks quietly back.
 
"What do you mean?" Key turns his whole body to me now. His voice is soft.
 
"I mean that I have the feeling we're drifting apart." I'm still looking down.
 
"Can we talk about that tomorrow? I don't want to talk about that now."
 
"Okay"
 
I quietly climb out of the car. I'm about to go to the buildings front door as I hear a car door shut.
I turn around and see Key standing at his car.
 
I stare at him. He comes my way. As he is close enough to hug me I look down.
 
"I didn't get my goodbye kiss" I could hear that Key is grinning.
I look up.
 
Key leans in. I'm not in the mood to kiss him right now so I just give him a little peck on his cheek.
 
"Goodnight. Key" I give him a weak smile and go inside the apartment building.
 
 
 
I'm going upstairs. 
I'm not in the mood to use the elevator. I go in my apartment and make myself ready for bed.
 
Tomorrow's gonna be a hard day. 
First it's Monday and that means I have to go to the university and after that I have to work. 
And second because I will have 'The talk' with Key.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't want to stand up. 
 
My bed feels too comfy and warm and I'm honestly thinking about ditching today and calling my work to say that I'm sick.
 
But after some more minutes I make myself clear that this wouldn't bring me anything.
I drag myself out of bed and take a low warm, refreshing shower. 
I put on a simple top and skinny jeans and go in my kitchen to make myself something to eat for breakfast.
 
My day is going totally normal. 
 
Listening to boring professors at the university, talking with some friends at the lunch break and then studying for the next exam in the library.
After that I'm going to my apartment, change my clothes, drive to the coffee shop and working till 6 PM.
 
As I'm driving home I think about what to say to Key. 
I don't want to lose him. I still love him. But I have the feeling he isn't caring so much about our relationship.
 
I'm stepping out of the elevator and see Key standing a little bit farther away at my apartment front door. 
 
I walk along the corridor till I reach him.
 
"Hey"  He greets me.
 
"Hi"  I answer as I'm unlocking my front door.
 
We both step inside and I'm going straight in the direction of my kitchen.
 
"Do you want something to drink?" I half scream so that Key could hear me in the living room.
 
"No. But thanks." He screamed back.
 
I pour some juice in a glass and go in the living room where I see some books spread over the center table and couch. 
 
Oops. I forgot to clean a little bit up before I left to work.
 
"Sorry for the mess"
 
I clean the couch from the books I needed for the last exam.
 
"No problem. Life's too short to be organized! Right?!"
 
"Ha. Yeah"
 
I put the books on the center table and sit on the couch Key is sitting. 
 
 
 
...Just kinda at the other end of couch.
 
 
 
 
Silence
 
 
 
 
 
I look at the glass full of juice in my hands.
 
"So. Uhmm."  I start.
 
I want to go trough this as fast as possible.  And I will do anything for our realtionship.
 
"I need to tell you something"  Key says. I can tell he is unsure.
 
"What's that?!" I look up at him.
 
"Today, uhm I was at Nicole's and- and we kinda uhm kissed..."
 
"Oh.."
 
I could hear my heart ripping in thousand little pieces.
 
"I think...well, uh I think I fell in love with Nicole..."
 
"So that means it's over, I guess"
 
"I didn't mean it like that!"
 
I feel anger building up. "Oh yeah?! How did you mean it then?!!"
 
"I- I don't know..."  His voice is broken.
 
"Great Key. That's just great!"  I kinda raise my voice at him.
 
He looks at me. I can't see if he's angry or just terrible sad.
 
"Oh yeah?! Who was the one who overreacted all the time?!!!" 
 
He is angry.
 
"I didn't overreact!!! You ditched me 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!"
 
"Sorry I forgot!!! But I said that thousand of times!!!"
 
"Do you really think with 'oh sorry I forgot' were everything okay again?!!"
 
"Well, you said it would be okay!!!"
 
"But just because I loved you!!! I didn't want to lose you because you would be thinking I'm overreacting again!!!!!!"  I yell at him.
 
Tears rolling down my cheeks.
 
"YOU. WERE. OVERREACTING!!!!"
 
"Forget it Key..."  My voice becomes softer again.
 
"You know what?! I will forget it!!!"
 
"Good!! And forget me too!!! I NEVER want to see your face again!!!!!!"
 
Key's eyes darken.  He is standing in the middle of my living room not moving.
 
"LEAVE!!!"  I scream at him. Pointing at my front door. 
 
He doesn't move.
 
"YAA!!!! LEAVE MY APARTMENT!!!! AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT COMING BACK!!!"
 
"YN...-"
 
"NO!!!!! I DON’T CARE ANYMORE!!!!!! LEAVE!!! NOW!!!"
 
He starts moving out of my apartment. 
 
Thank god. 
 
Before he turns the door knob he turns his head to look at me. Sadness in his eyes.
 
I break down crying as I hear him slam my door shut.