its not a date!

The Misconceptions of Us

Friday.
 

Yay.

I'll be meeting Sandeul and Baro at Starbucks in 17 minutes. Hyera's out. Don't ask me where.

 

16 minutes.  

Oh come on.  Time needs to get faster.

~



As I'm finally out of the building I'm heading straight to Starbucks.  Which will be full with students at this time of the Friday. Baro is supposed to be there early so he could get some good spots for us.

As I enter Starbucks I see Baro sitting in a corner on a couch. A bag on the chair opposite.

"Yo, what's up dude?!"  I say and place my laptop bag next to him on the couch.

"Finally! Sit down on this stupid chair!" He hisses.

I laugh and put the bag, which was on the chair, next to Baro and to my laptop bag. 

 

"That bad?"

"You don't know how often I was asked if this chair is still free! And you don't know how many times I got dirty looks because I said it wasn't!"  He looks at me as if this would be my fault.

"Don't blame me, dude" I chuckle and raise my arms up in defensive.

"Yeah dude, don't blame her." Sandeul says as he comes over to us.

"You are not better!"  Baro scowls at him.

"Wow, dude, calm your . What's wrong?" Sandeul throws my laptop bag at me and puts the bag, which was before on the chair, on Baro's lap and sits down.

"First. I don't have . Second. I hate to wait at you guys!" Baro crosses his arms in front of his chest and pouts playfully. His bad mood seems to be gone suddenly.

"Who gets the coffee?" I asks looking at Baro and Sandeul.

"I don't!" Sandeul shouts at first.

Baro looks at me.

"Nope, I'm not gonna stand in that line for 3 days." I chuckle.

Baro sighs. "First I need to reserve you guys some seats and then I need to get the coffee."

"Fine. Sandeul gets the coffee" I grin at Sandeul. 

"You're the last one."

"You're lucky you're the only girl" Sandeul treats me.

I laugh. "I know" I smile an ironic proud smile at him.

Sandeul rolls his eyes and goes to stand in the line.

 

...


"Hyera told me you have a date with some Jonghyun guy, who - she said - is really hot." 
Baro raises an eyebrow at me.

I close my eyes and press my lips in a thin line. I smile and shake my head then open my eyes and grin at Baro.

"First. It's. Not. A. Date." My voice is serious. 

"And second, WHY DID HYERA TELL YOU THIS AND WHEN?!"  I sit up in my chair and raise both my eyebrows, but I'm grinning, not taking this too serious.

"Today." Baro answers casually, but just one of my question.

"And why?" I ask him.

"Don't know, I went to the apartment to pick up Chad and she told me, out of nowhere" He shrugs.

I roll my eyes. I need to be careful what I'm telling her, on the other side, who cares if she told Baro?! Yeah. No one.

"So?" Baro interrupts my thoughts.

"What 'So?' ?" I ask back.

"What about this hot Jonghyun guy?" Baro asks.

I didn't told him about SHINee, did I? , I should have. Now I need to explain him who Jonghyun is and why I'm meeting up with him.

"Okay, Jonghyun is a band member of the band Key is in." I start. 

Baro eyes harden. 

"Yeah, well the thing is that I'm definitely not gonna date Jonghyun, that's just in Hyera's little fantasy world" I explain. 

Baro continues to stare at me. 

"Jonghyun was the one who brought me to the studio, I think he feels guilty about that" 

So that will do it. I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"No dating thingies?!" Baro asks.

"Nope" I shake my head.

"Hmmh" He nods his head.

We continue to talk about random things as finally Sandeul returns.

"Took you long enough" I .

"Next time you can go and get the coffee" Sandeul sticks is tongue out at me.

I mirror his action at him. Sandeul sits down next to Baro and gives us our drinks.

"oh.. Hyera told me something about a Jonghyun guy." Sandeul says casually.

I take a deep breath. "Seriously, I'm not gonna tell her something ever again!"

Sandeul laughs. "Why that?"

"Because she also told Baro" I look at Baro. He grins at me.

"Jonghyun is a band member of her ex's band" Baro explains to Sandeul.

"You have a thing for boy band members don't you?!" Sandeul teases.

I give him my did-you-seriously-said-that glare. 

He just grins. Pabo!

 

 

 

..

 

 


Saturday: 11 AM, my bed.

The sweet smell of pancakes wakes me. 

Mmmhh.. I stand up and walk in the kitchen.

"Good morning sleepy head" Hyera sings in her singsong voice.

"Uh, hi" I rub my eyes. 

"Where were you last night?" I ask her I pull a plate out of the wall-cupboard.

"With Kris" She smiles happily.

"Do I want to know?" I ask her.

"Nope" She grins.

"Then I won't ask."

"Good for you" She grins again.

"Your date with Jjongie is in 3 hours" She reminds me.

The plate almost slips out of my hand. The . 

I'm not surprised that it's in 3 hours. 
I'm not surprised that she remembers. 
I'm surprised that she calls him JJONGIE.

"Uhh... Jjongie?!" I panic.

"Yes?" She says confused.

"Why the hell are you calling him Jjongie?!" My eyes are large.

Could it be possible that "Kris" is in reality Jonghyun? Does she even knows Jonghyun personally? 
Did she spent the night with him? Eww. No. I hope not.

"You got a text from him this morning" She shrugs. 

"Your phone was lying here in the kitchen on the counter" She points to my phone. 

"I looked at it, sorry. But I didn't read the message!" She reassures me.

Relief flows trough my body. I changed his caller ID from 'Kim Jonghyun' to 'Jjongie'. 
'Kim Jonghyun' seemed to formal to me. And it will annoy Jonghyun.

"Well, okay" I simply answer her.

I walk over to my phone to read the message Jonghyun sent me.

 


From: Jjongie 
'Hey you ;P don't forget our "Date" today. At 2 PM'

Oh no. 
Not he too.


To: Jjongie 
'No worries, if I'm not coming it's not because I forgot! :P'

I put a pancake on my plate. So does Hyera and we head to the dining room.

"And? Are you excited?" She asks.

"Why should I be excited?" I asks her back. Shoving a large piece of pancake with maple syrup in my mouth.

"Because of your date with "Jjongie"" She teases. 

"By the way, it's too cute how you call him 'Jjongie'" She squeaks.

"Apropos-"  I remember. 

"Who gave you the right to tell Sandeul and Baro that I have a "date" with Jonghyun?!"

"Oh. Whoops!!" She grins. She's not sorry at all.

I scowl at her. "That can curse misunderstandings"

"And?"

"What if some people are getting the idea that I'm dating Jonghyun?!" I scowl at her.

"Would it be bad?" She fakes the innocent expression on her face.

"Uh... YES?!" I raise a eyebrow at her.

"Hmm... Would it still be bad if Key would think you and Jonghyun would be a thing?"

"The ?! Yeah!!! It would be even worse!!!" I half scream at her. 

This girl can be so frustrating sometimes.

"Wow. Keep your hair on!" She grins.

Ugh. How can she find that funny?!

My phone rings as I my mouth is full with the last piece of my pancake.

"Oooooh! It's "Jjongie"!!!!"  Hyera looks at my phone and grins.

I mention for her to give me my phone so I could get the call when I finished to swallow the pancake. 

But instead of giving me my phone she answers it herself.

"Hello Jjongie" She beams at me and grins.

I stand up to get the phone from her after I swallowed the last piece of pancake.

"Hyera!!! Gimme my ing phone!!!" I stretch my arm out so she could give it to me.

"Hey Jonghyun, you gonna be her new boyfriend right?!" 

What the hell is wrong with her today?! 
Is she on drugs?!
I rip the phone out of her hand and walk into my room and shut the door loudly. 
Letting the laughing Hyera stand on her own in the kitchen.

"Hey, sorry for that" I say to Jonghyun.

"No need to be sorry" He laughs. 

Thank god he's a person with a good sense of humor.

"So... What's up?" I ask him.

"Just wanted to make sure you're still coming" I hear him grin at the other side of the line.

"Hmmmm... Maybe" If he would stand in front of me I would have winked on him.

"You gonna come with me" He threatens me playfully.

"Hmmmm... Maybe" I laugh.

"See you then" He hangs up.

Weird guy. I laugh to myself.