what should i do?!

The Misconceptions of Us

I know where we're heading to. This way is far too familiar.  I think I'm gonna freak out.

"Jonghyun, I don't think that includes fun..."

"Huh?"

"I know where we're heading to. I'm not stupid!"

"I know, you know"  He grins. 
"But I 'huh'ed because you think you couldn't have fun...."

"'huh'ed?! Seriously?! That isn't a word"  I try to change the subject.

"Well, it is now"

"Pabo!"  I murmur.

 

He laughs.  "Love you, too." 

 

...

 

must look funny how Jonghyun stands there at the passengers door and tries to convince me to get out of the car.

I shake my had at him.  No. I'm not gonna go to hell by visiting my ex and his awkward friends.

"Come on! You got so far, do you want to throw that away!?" Jonghyun speaks to me like he would be my football coach. 

I raise my eyebrow at him.  I didn't do anything to come 'this far'.

"Yes" I answer simply.

He sighs. "You're so difficult"

"Same goes to you, my friend"  I mimic him.

He laughs.  "Option one-" 

Uh oh. 

"You will come out of the car by yourself" 

No. Never

"Option two. I drag you out of this car and into the dorm. And it gets more awkward than you could ever imagine! Decide!!!"

"And option three?" 
I ask with an fake innocent look on my face.


"Doesn't exist" He answers. 

"So, option one or two?"

"Three"

"So, you want me to pull you out off this damned car?!" He asks with an raised eyebrow.

"Try me, kim jonghyun" I grin.

And before I know it he puts his arm under my legs and his other arm behind my back. And with one move I'm out of the car. 

Oh no. 

He closes the door with his foot and carries me bridal style towards the entrance from the dorm building.

"Jonghyun you need to lock my car, pabo!"  I scream at him playfully. 

He laughs and lets me down to pull out the car keys and push the button for closing the car. 
While he's doing that I use my chance and run away, laughing like a little child.

"Oh come on"  I hear Jonghyun shout frustrated.

I need to laugh more.  Oh I missed him. Our time together.

Suddenly I feel two arms grab my waist from behind. I didn't notice he chased after me. 

I squeal of surprise.  "Jonghyun!!!"

"Hey, you are the one who ran away!" He states and spins me around.

"Let me go, you're such an idiot"

"Bla bla bla"  He laughs and sets me down again.

I close my eyes for a second because I feel a bit dizzy from the spinning. And as I open my eyes again he picks me up again. This time over his shoulder.

"pabo!"  I shout as he carries me towards the building.

As we are in the elevator he sets me down again. 

"You got skinnier."  He eyes me.

Oh really? 

Cool.

"Didn't notice it."  I tell him. 

Freaking awkward elevator situation here. Finally the elevator door opens again. 
Oh thank you lord.

"Why are elevator so awkward, huh?"  I ask Jonghyun as we step out.

He grins.  "Don't know, maybe because I’m so handsome?!"

“Pabo”

 

....

 

"Look who came to visit us!"  Jonghyun shouts in the room where the boys were laughing a second ago. 

He grabs my arm and drags me in front of him so that everyone in the room can see me. 
I see how Key's eyes grow wide. Onew looks like he would explode any minute with happiness and well Minho & taemin just sits there and grins at me.

"So you really convinced her to come?!" Minho asks with a big grin.

"More or less" Jonghyun replies.

I turn around and raise my eyebrow at him.  "More or less?!! Are you kidding me?!" 
I turn to the other again.  "He freaking dragged me here!"

Minho, Taemin and Onew are laughing. Key remains to sit there with wide eyes.  Jonghyun pushes me further in the room and closes the door.

"Don't be shy, honey"  He laughs.

"Ha-ha, Pabo"  I say to Jonghyun but go over to Onew.

Onew immediately stands up and hugs me.

"Hey"  I mumble into his shoulder.

"Hi"  He mumbles back.

We let go and I sit myself next to Minho anda taemin who also hugs me with a warm smile. 
The only one who remains quiet is Key.

"So what have you been up to the past year?" Minho asks me.

"Oh, you know university and work and all this ."  I grin at him. 

"I have to work for a living, you know. I can't sit on comfy couches like you and do... yeah, actually what are you doing? Talking?!"

"We are writing songs"  Onew laughs.

"Yeah I can see that" I say and look around. 

There is nothing which has to do with song writing. Just snacks and sodas on the couch table and a guitar standing at the wall.

I can feel how it gets awkward. 

Kim Jonghyun why did you drag me in here?!!!

I look at Key. He looks like he is going crazy in any moment. This was the baddest idea Jonghyun ever had.

Why is this so awkward? I used to hang out with them before, even when Key and I had our difficulties. And even when he was mad at me and rather hung out with Nicole than going on dates with me. 

Apropos Nicole, what happened to her?

"I knew that was a bad idea" I mumble more to myself but loud enough for the other to hear.  "I'm sorry" I say and stand up, ready to go out the door and leave.

"No! Hey, wait" Jonghyun jumps up.

"You can't leave" He says seriously.

"And why not?!" I ask with annoyance but also slightly confusion.

" 'cause I have your car keys baby" Jonghyun grins.

I stare at him. He is unbelievable. Till a idea comes to my head. 

"You know what?... It's beautiful weather outside"  I smile. He looks confused. "- I think I'm just gonna walk home."


"Come on! YN!!!" No please Onew, stay out of this.  

"We hung out before! Nothing changed, we're still the same dorky guys you used to hang out" 
Onew tries to convince me to stay. 

Oh Onew. I missed these boys so much, but, I just can't pretend like we are happy family again. 
I look at Key.  He looks down at his fiddling fingers, he looks sad and hurt. I'm sorry for him and I don't even know why.

"What happened to Nicole?" The question is out before I can even think about it.

Key's eyes shoot up to meet mine. Horror in them, but at the same time hurt.  Damn it Key! Don't make me feel sorry for something which is definitely NOT my fault!  I make my best effort to not look away from his stare. 

"She said-... It didn't work" He sighs.

"I think we should leave you two alone for a moment" Onew stands up. Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho are following him. 

Noo. Don't go away!!!

The door shuts. 

Okay. Lets list the options. 

Option one: run out of this room, walk home, emigrate to Europe, and never see them again. 

Option two: walk out, say goodbye to the boys, grab the car keys out from Jonghyun, and never see them again. 

And option three: face 'The talk', and clean this up.

uhhhhh ... I think I'm gonna go with option one. 

I've always wanted to visit Europe, this would be the perfect time.