Jealousy

The Misconceptions of Us

I wake up from my phone ringing in my living room. I quickly stand up and rush in the room to pick up.

"Hello?!"

"Hey [YN]. Could you say Key that he should move to the the studio... and that as fast as possible!!!" I could hear the anger in Onew' voice. "I called him like 10.000 times but he won't pick up"  He continued. 

I feel tears building up again.

"I- I don't know where he is, I'm sorry..."

I think Onew heard the disappointment in my voice and asks.

"But didn't you both had a date yesterday?" 

His voice is soft and caring.

"Ye- Yeah"

I can't hold my tears back any longer.

"But he didn't show up nor did he pick up his phone" I sob into my phone.

"Hey, shhhhhh... everything will be okay, alright?!"

"I don't know.."

"Hey, he loves you"

"Well, lately he doesn't show it much" I feel anger build up in me.

"Maybe - ..." Onew sighs. 

Even HE doesn't know what's wrong. If Onew doesn't know what's wrong, nobody knows.

"I- I don't think I want to talk about that right now.. sorry Onew..."

"I know how you feel. [YN]."

He knows that this isn't the right time to talk about this especially not on the phone so he changes the topic.

"Do you maybe know where Key could be?"

"I think... he is with Nicole..."

"Don't worry I know that he loves you and only you"

I wish I can believe what Onew said. But I can't.

"Yeah... maybe."

And before Onew can say something about my comment I change the topic again and say

"So, I could give you Nicole's phone number..."

I hear how Onew sighs, but he is one of the smart guys, and let the topic go.

"Yeah just send it to me"

"I will do. See you"

"Hopefully soon"

I smile. At least one of the boys seems to care about me. I hang up the phone and send Onew the phone number from Nicole.

I make my way to the kitchen and look in the fridge. Nothing in there. Well that means I should buy some food eventually. A luck that today is Saturday and I don't need to work or go to the university. 

I grab an apple and walk out of my apartment and go downstairs to get the mail.

I shower and get myself ready to go groceries shopping. But before I exit my apartment I look at my phone again. No missed calls. No messages. 

Great.

As I come back I put the groceries in my fridge and in its place. 

I try again to call Key. To my surprise he picks up

"Hi babe"

"Don't 'Hi babe' me!"

"Woah...what's wrong?"

"Don't you remember?! We had a date last night!!!"

".... oops"

"That is all you are saying about this?!"

"Sorry babe, I totally forgot"

"Yeah. I noticed that"

"It's just... Nicole wanted to watch this movie and at the end we somehow fell asleep"

"Oh and why wouldn't you pick up your phone?!"

"Uhm...The battery was empty.."

"That's so typical"

"What do you mean?!"

"That you spend more time with Nicole than with me!!"

"Sorry that I want to catch up with my best friend!!!" He raises his voice at me. He never did that before.

"I have nothing against that you catch up with Nicole! I just-"

I don't know what to say. I also need to control that I don't break down in tears on the phone.

"You just what?!" Key seems to be annoyed.

"I just want to have more time with you again..." I say almost in a whisper.

"Well..." Key gets quiet.

"I just want you to know that I love you." I say as quickly as I could.

Before Key can say something I hang up. I try to hold my tears back but I notice that I have no reason to hold them back so I just let myself cry.

 

After 10 minutes I hear my phone ring. I hesitantly look at my phone screen.

Thank god it's Onew who's calling. I wipe away the tear from my cheek and pick up.

"Hi"

My voice is almost like a wisper.

"Hey are you at home?" His voice is so caring. I bet he heard our fight.

"No" I lie.

"Where are you?" He asks so soft like he would speak with a little girl who lost her mommy.

"I won't tell you..."

"Why not?!"

"Because I won't"

I really don't know why I'm snapping at Onew right now. He's the last person in this world I had a reason to snap at.

"I know you angry but please tell me where you are..." His voice is still soft and caring. I sigh and come to sense again

"At my arpatment..."

"Good. Don't move! I will be there in.... 25 minutes."

"You don't need to-"

I get cut off by him

"I want to!"

With that he hangs up. I walk to my bathroom to make sure I don't look like a total mess. I look in the mirror. ergh. I look like crap. My eyes red and puffy from crying. My nose red. My hair not there where it should be.

I quickly comb my hair and splash some cold water in my face.

 

 

Onew arrives like he said 25 minutes later.

"hi..."

"Hi" My voice is low and I can say that he hears the sadness.

I let Onew inside and get him some water. As I come back in the living room he's already sitting on the couch.

"Thank you.."

"No problem"

I smile a weak smile at him and sit down next to him.

"So, tell me what is going on with you two?"

"I don't know" I look down at my hands.

"Well then... What happened?"

"It's like I'm not here anymore...."

"Why that?"

"Onew... I wish I'd know it"

"Maybe he is planning a surprise and that's why he isn't around a lot..."

Didn't someone updated him about Nicole?!

"I don't think so!"

"Then what do you think?!"

Oh....Now i know what's going on! He knows about the problem with Nicole, he just wants that I admit that I think Key's spending to much time with Nicole.

"You know what I think, Onew..." I say quietly.

Onew sighs "Yeah"

"What do you think about this?" I ask. I want to know if he likes Nicole and if he also finds that I'm overreacting.

"I think it's normal that Key wants to catch up with Nicole"

I feel tears building up again. I thought Onew was on my side. 

"Okay"

I manage to get out without crying. Onew gives me a tight hug. I feel a little better but I know that he thinks just like the others that I'm totally overreacting. And that hurts. Badly.