Chapter 12

Blood Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 12

 

 

"It seems you're confusing yourself again, love. I'll say it again; you have no control over me, and you never will have. It is true that some vampires feels a certain bond when it comes to feeding of a human regularly, and they feel like they need to protect them. But i'm not one of those. The only bond between us is when your blood enters my mouth. That bond breaks as soon as i pull my teeth out of your neck. I don't have to do anything you tell me to do. If i want to take a bite of your friends, i'm allowed to do so. I can do whatever i want, and there is nothing you, or anyone else can do to stop me. Are we clear?" I nodded. "Good. And if i ever hear you try to take control of me again with that kind of bull talk, i'll seriously hurt you".

"Can i go home now?"

"No".

"Why not?! My work here is done, isn't it? Don't tell me you need more blood!"

"The reason you can't go, is because Sandara is after you. She wants you dead".

"That's why i'm prepared".

"Prepared? What do you mean?"

I smiled and went over to my bag that was lying on the floor next to the couch. I walked back to Jiyong and sat down on the floor in front of him as i opened the bag. I took a small necklace out and held it up to show him. "This".

"That? That's what you call 'prepared'? It's just a cross. Those can't hurt us, you know".

"Give me your hand".

He looked at me with a doubtful expression, but held his hand out to me. I put the necklace in his palm, and he winced and dropped it on the floor. "Silver?!"

I smiled and picked it up. "Yup. Not a bad idea, huh?" I put it around my neck, on top of the necklace Jiyong had given me when we first met. "If a vampire tries to bite me, he or she will be burned".

"You're trying to hurt me too? Take of that thing right now".

"Relax, i'll take it off when you need feeding, but apart from that, i will keep it on at all times. I also have more"  I dugged around in my bag and pulled out 10 stakes, five large ones and five small ones, all silver.

He looked at them with wide eyes. "Where the hell did you get them?!"

"I found a little shop that sells them, for decoration only. But if it comes to it, i won't hesitate using them".

"Geez, get them the hell away from me. I can't trust you with those things. How will i know you won't stab me when i'm your blood or have my back turned to you? Is that your plan? To stab me when i'm not focused?"

"Not at all, i'm not gonna use them on you. These are what's gonna protect me if another vampire tries to kill me, or worse, make me one of them" I shivered at the thought. "You're the one who want to kill me and up all my blood, right? Then i need to have these with me so someone else won't kill me".

"I don't know whether to be impressed, confused, amused or shocked. You used to be a fragile, little girl, and now you're almost like a... vampire hunter, and you seem excited about it. I think you need to get your brain checked, cause it's seriously something wrong with you. I don't think anyone can understand the way you're thinking".

"I don't need anyone but me to understand me. My mind is clear and my only purpose is to give you blood, and making sure no one else takes my blood. I can't let you have all the fun" I smiled at him and he just shook his head.

"The more i get to know your way of thinking, the more i'm thinking it was wrong not to kill you the moment i first saw you. I can't tell if you're brave or just plain stupid. Possibly something inbetween. The more i think about it, i feel like i'm going crazy myself. So therefore i will let you play with those things, Buffy, but you better keep those damn things far away from me!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter