Chapter 9

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

 


A/N

Well, here's another update before my exams.

Enjoy everyone. And as per usual, please give me your thoughts! Love ya'll for reading this!


 

It was a Friday and Kyuhyun decided to take a break from the studies and catch up with his hobby, gaming. But his happy bubble was harshly broken when Donghae came knocking on his door.

Few minutes after that Donghae was already dragging a protesting Kyuhyun and rather irritated Ryeowook into the Sapphire club.

“Yah!” Hissed an angry Ryeowook as he tried to pry his hand away from Donghae’s grasp. “Let me go! It hurts man!”

“Alright I’ll let your hand go. But don’t run away since you’re already here.”

“Why did you even drag us here?” asked Kyuhyun sliding himself into a booth.

“It’s Eunhyuk’s DJ night and he invited.”

“And that concern us how?” Ryeowook questioned as he sat beside Kyuhyun.

“You’re my friends.” It was Donghae’s reply as he sat down in front of them shrugging his shoulders.

“That doesn’t explain-”

Ryeowook was cut off in his retort as a skinny man with a gummy smile came and stood beside their booth.

“Hi Donghae.” Eunhyuk greeted the deeply flushing man with his gummy smile.

“H-hi! Nice to see you again!”

Both of them stared at each other for a while as slightly amused Kyuhyun and Ryeowook watched them.

“Ahem!” Ryeowook cleared his throat loudly to get the attention of the new love birds.

“Ah” Donghae let out a surprised sound and turned to his friends, breaking the staring game. “Of course, I still couldn’t introduce you guys properly. This is Kyuhyun and that is Ryeowook.” He said. “And guys this is Eunhyuk.”

“Hey guys!” Eunhyuk greeted them with a wave. “And Kyuhyun-ssi I must say your singing was great!”

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile.

“I’m gonna steal Donghae here from you guys for a moment if you don’t mind.” Eunhyuk said and turned to Donghae. “Let me treat you to a drink. I don’t have to start my shift until later.”

With that Donghae followed Eunhyuk to the bar leaving Ryeowook and Kyuhyun at the booth.

“That kid dragged us here. Now he’s ditching us for that-”

Ryeowook was once again interrupted, this time by a Siwon who was walking by their booth and spotted Kyuhyun.

“Ah, Kyuhyun-ssi!” Siwon said greeting the two with handshakes. “I didn’t know you were here.”

“I came here with some of my friends.”

“Ah, okay. Actually this is a pretty good coincidence. Can you do me a favour Kyuhyun-ssi? I’ll pay for the extra work.”

“What is it Siwon-ssi?” asked a curious Kyuhyun.

“One of our regular guests have asked for song dedication for his girlfriend as he’s going to propose to her. So can you please sing a song?”

“Yes, of course.”

“And since tonight is DJ night we don’t have the band members. Is it okay with you if Sungmin-ssi play the guitar?”

Kyuhyun pondered about the request for a second before answering but agreed nonetheless. Siwon walked away from their booth, thanking him for the help.

Kyuhyun sat back with Ryeowook as he contemplated with his decision. Sungmin was always nice to him even though he didn’t returned the favour most of the time. But something about the elder made him nervous whenever he was near the guy. Even though they had cleared the misunderstandings it was reason enough for him to not to like Sungmin. He hated being vulnerable and nervous at another’s presence. He is someone who is in control of himself, so he didn’t like how other made him feel whenever the elder is around him.

Thoughts of Sungmin brought back the familiar knots in his stomach but he shoved his weird feelings aside and prepared himself for the performance. At least he’ll be able see how talented the other is as his friends kept admiring him. He hasn’t seen Sungmin perform since he hasn’t bothered to hang around until Sungmin started his shift.

Kyuhyun put aside his drink and excused himself from Ryeowook. He walked to the platform where Sungmin was already tuning his guitar. The blonde welcomed him with a smile. Again Kyuhyun felt the familiar somersaults in his stomach. He wondered for a second why he is starting to like the strange feeling but anyhow replied the warm smile he received with a nod and grabbed the microphone.

“Sungmin-ssi, shall we sing this one?” He asked flatly handing Sungmin a paper with notations.

Sungmin wondered for a second why the younger is still giving him the cold shoulder but shrugged it away. This was the first time they met after their shopping tour. Therefore Sungmin thought that Kyuhyun was still uncomfortable with him and decided to give some space to the younger until he cooled down towards him. So Sungmin started to play the guitar without another word.