Chapter 17

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Sungmin watched as the tall figure disappeared into the rain.

“I’m so sorry Kyuhyun-ah. You don’t know how much I love you.” He mumbled to himself, not even trying to wipe out the tears that fell down freely. “I’m doing this for you. You don’t deserve me. You will be hurt because of me, Kyuhyun-ah. I love you so so much.”

“Sungmin-ah,” He felt a familiar warm hand touched his shoulder. “Cry, my dear. Cry as much as you want. Let it all out. I’m right here for you.” He turned around and hugged his mother tightly.

“Mom, what should I do? I love him so much. But he doesn’t deserve this weak heart.”

“But why did you lie to him, Sungmin-ah?”

“How can I tell him the truth mom? You won’t even let me speak about it because you get sad.” He managed through the sobs. “How can I give the same pain to him too, mom?”

Sungmin let go of his mother and sat down near the window. His eyes turned to the glass where remains of the harsh rain glided down to meet the earth.

“For the first time of my existence, this heart beats for someone else.” Sungmin was no longer crying. He had no tears left to spill. He clutched on his own shirt as he continued, with every word laced with pain so unbearable. “This heart has learned to love but it no longer has the strength to hold that love.”

“Sungmin-ah…”

“How can I say that Heechul is my friend, my doctor not my boyfriend? How can I say he can’t love me because I’m a dying man? This is the best answer. This way he will erase his feelings for me without being hopeful. He doesn't have to know.”

“Stop it Sungmin-ah,” Sungmin’s mother sat down beside him, tears threatening to fall any moment. “Don’t say you’re dying. Heechul said there’s a possibility for a transplant. You’ll be fine in no time.” Her last sentence was spoken more to assuer herself. She has placed all her hopes on that one sentence from her son’s doctor despite Heechul saying that the chances are slim.

Sungmin took a deep breath and turned to his mother. “Mom, I know you don’t want to believe but my time here with you, with him, is ending soon. But I’m going to make sure he forgets about his love for me and I’m going to make sure he finds the love he deserves.”

He gave his mother a soft smile and stood up from his seat. He made his way to his bed room, already dialling a number on his hand phone.

 


 

Kyuhyun didn’t know how he reached his bedroom but he found himself in the bed, under the covers. He stared blankly at the ceiling. Sungmin’s words flashed through is head.

“That’s Heechul. My boyfriend.”

He felt as if his whole world was crumbling down on himself as he recalled the words. Tears already finding its way to the corner of his eyes, threatening fall. The man he loved belonged to someone else and he didn’t know what to do anymore. He let lose the tears he was holding in at the realisation, where the hot tears streaked down his face as a little bit of his heart broke with each tear.

He remembered every feature of Sungmin. From doe eyes to the blinding smile of his, that could brighten up his whole day. And his beautiful voice that can pierce his heart. It wasn’t just the beauty that got Kyuhyun’s heart jumping. The man himself is a person whom you can’t not love. Elder is a kind soul who would look out for others, for him. Sungmin might have not expressed in words, and he might not have showed openly but Kyuhyun always felt the care elder had for him. It was always different from how the elder would care for others, even his best friend, Hyukjae. Or was it just imagination? Did he imagined that because he wanted Sungmin to feel the same for him?

He didn’t know anymore. He only knew that it hurt to love someone that does not belong to him.

He was tired of all the feelings, the rejection, the tears. So he let himself to sleep in an attempt to forget the heart clenching pain.

 


 

A/N:

Hi people!

Here's another update! As usual I'd love to here what you say. You guys totally makes me happy even with a small comment!

Oh before I forget, i started another fic. You can see it here. Tell me what you think of it too. If it's a totall fail I'll just get rid of it!

Thanks guys... <3