Chapter 8

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Kyuhyun rushed to the restaurant as soon as he got back home from school that day. His mother has asked for his help especially that day as the restaurant was booked for a birthday function of a kid.

His sister was already preparing the tables as his mother was going in and out of the kitchen preparing the place and giving orders to his sister. Then he saw that their neighbour- Mrs.Lee - was also there helping his mother. It wasn’t a surprise for him as she has always came to help them at the restaurant whenever there is a special occasion. She has offered to help, always saying that she is alone at home and nothing to do when Sungmin go out with his friends. What surprised him was the short blond headed figure that came out of the kitchen wearing an apron.

Kyuhyun’s jaw nearly dropped to the floor at the words he heard next.

“Ahra noona, I have to get some missing ingredients from the shop.” Sungmin said as he took off his apron. “Oh, hello Kyuhyun!” He added ah he noticed the tall figure at the doorway.

“Ah, Kyuhyun-ah, nice timing. Can you go with Sungmin to get the stuff he wants?”

“Why can’t he go alone?” Words slipped out of Kyuhyun’s mouth with an annoying feel to it.

“Because you need to get these too.” Ahra – Kyuhyun’s sister – said handing him a grocery list.

“Awesome. We can take my car.”

Kyuhyun silently followed Sungmin and got in the car, sitting at the passenger seat.

“The super market near the restaurant doesn’t have the ingredients I want. We’ll have to go to the city.” Sungmin informed as he typed in the destination in the navigation system.

“What are you doing in the restaurant?” Asked Kyuhyun asked he couldn’t keep silent anymore.

“Baking a cake of course.”

“People don’t randomly walk in to restaurants and bake cakes. So what are you doing?”

“Relax, I’m not going to ‘ruin your life’ as you put it.” Said Sungmin recalling the younger’s outburst at the club few weeks before. “Your mom didn’t have the time to finish the birthday cake that was ordered. So my mom volunteered me for that.”

“I’m not half bad you know. I can make a pretty good cake.” added Sungmin.

Kyuhyun made an uninterested noise and turned to look out the window. With that both of them fell into an awkward silence.

“Shall I turn on the radio?” Asked Sungmin trying to break the silence.

“Is this car stolen?” Kyuhyun asked flatly earning a baffled look from Sungmin.

“Huh? Of course not.”

“Is it yours?” Came the next question.

“Yeah.” Sungmin replied slowly wondering what this is about.

“Then do as you please.” Kyuhyun answered coldly and turned his head back towards the window to continue his staring at the passing buildings.

Sungmin decided to ignore the snarky comment from the younger and turned the stereo on. Kyuhyun was obviously still harbouring annoyance towards him even after the hot outbreak at the club.  At that time Sungmin didn’t even know what he did to deserve the anger of Kyuhyun. But later on Eunhyuk’s new friend, Donghae has explained the situation to him. Rather than finding Kyuhyun irritating he thought the younger was amusing.

More than anything else, he has seen Kyuhyun sing. He admired the velvety smooth voice and the angelic singing of the younger. Sungmin knew it touched his heart in a way he couldn’t explain and was getting aware of the pleasant warm feelings in him whenever the younger crossed his mind.

After twenty minutes of listening to the radio blaring pop songs both of them got off at the supermarket. They walked in silence and Kyuhyun walked away from Sungmin as he went to search for the ingredients he needed.

Sungmin walked through few isles and found the ingredients he wanted in few minutes. Kyuhyun was still nowhere to be seen. Sungmin waited for few minutes thinking whether to go and find the younger or not. He didn’t want to anger the younger more by trying to tag along but he didn’t like the idea of Kyuhyun being angry at him either. He wanted to apologise to the younger and be in his good books. He stood there for few seconds and then decided to look for the younger. He knew he is starting to get attracted for the younger but he decided to be in denial. He had a reason to ignore his growing feelings for Kyuhyun and he wanted to keep ignoring the alleged feelings. Nevertheless that didn’t mean he needed the younger to hate him.

Sungmin looked through several isles and finally found Kyuhyun who was looking at the list Ahra gave him.

“Hey.” Approached Sungmin announcing his presence. “Found everything?”

“Umm….no not yet.” Kyuhyun replied looking around for the missing ingredients from the list.

Sungmin took a look at the list and started to help him. “Kyuhyun,” Sungmin started slowly dragging the attention of the younger. “I’m sorry for the trouble I caused.”

Kyuhyun tared his eyes off the list and looked at Sungmin who was reaching for a sauce bottle.

“I didn’t know why you were screaming at me in the club that day. But later I found the reason from Donghae.” Said Sungmin putting the bottle in the cart and looked at Kyuhyun to see whether he is listening. “Eunhyuk and Donghae are friends it seems.” Sungmin added at the question mark on Kyuhyun’s face. Again he continued with his apology. “I’m sorry you had to write another report because of my party. And I’m sorry you lost the permanent job at the club. But I think in that case Siwon-ssi will keep you forever after seeing your performances.”

Kyuhyun watched Sungmin kept saying sorry and he suddenly realised how silly his grudges were. It wasn’t Sungmin’s fault he slept through the day and couldn’t hand the assessment. And it wasn’t Sungmin’s fault he missed his chance at the job first. Besides Siwon did hire him after all.

“Look, I think we started off the wrong foot. Shall we start this again?” Sungmin asked stretching his hand in front of him as Kyuhyun didn’t reply him.

Kyuhyun took a breath and took Sungmin’s hand, “Yeah, we’ll start over. Besides it wasn’t your fault. I just over reacted.” He said while shaking the hand.

The journey back wasn’t much awkward for them even though they talked only few words. 

 


 

A/N

Thanx a lot for the comments and hope you guys are enjoying the story.

Well, here is another chapter....and I have the same request: Please give me your thoughts