Chapter 14

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Kyuhyun placed the small plate in front of both of them. He followed Sungmin as they both looked into the endless sea meeting the horizon. The last bits of evening sun was disappearing in the horizon with a faint orange. And the stars have started to make themselves visible in the absence of the moon that night.

Kyuhyun could feel Sungmin’s breaths as the elder’s shoulders moved against his. He loved how he felt with Sungmin beside him.

Kyuhyun slowly fell into his own world. He recalled his drunken night. Yes, of course he couldn’t remember everything that happened that night. But what he clearly remembered was waking up in Sungmin’s embrace.

Flashback:

It was somewhere early in the morning and suddenly Kyuhyun woke up with a throbbing headache. He scrunched his eyebrows trying to supress the headache but it was to no avail. So he decided to get up and drink some water before going back to sleep. That is when he became aware of the hands wrapped around his body. He gulped back a small yelp as he recognized the owner of the hands. Why were they like this? Then a scary thought crossed his mind. Did he do something idiotic last night?  But finally Kyuhyun concluded that the elder also must have fell asleep alongside him.

Kyuhyun’s headache went forgotten as he looked up at the elder’s face. His eye lids rested softly above the puffy cheeks and his soft features were radiating the peacefulness of his sleep. Kyuhyun’s eyes moved to the beautiful M shaped lips that were thinned into a satisfied smile. The younger briefly wondered the reason for other’s smile. He secretly wished it was because of him.

He felt pleasant shivers running down his spine at the soft touch of Sungmin’s skin against his. He felt the familiar somersaults in the pit of his stomach. But he no longer hated it. He wanted to feel more of it.

Kyuhyun has already accepted the fact that he has grown fond of the elder. But now he knew it wasn’t just friendship or a silly crush. It was something more than a primary infatuation. He realised it was because of love that his hear felt like it was ready to jump out of his ribcage. And it was the reason how his breath get caught in his throat whenever he see the elder.

Kyuhyun inched himself more into the elder’s embrace. He liked how the latter’s hands were wrapped around him protectively. So he took the liberty to think that the elder also liked him to some extent. That is when he decided that he would gather up his courage and confess his feelings to the elder. With that thought he already felt lighter at the heart.

He went back to his sleep with the elder’s breath on his temple, soothing away the long forgotten headache.

End of flashback.

Sungmin hasn’t mentioned anything about that night. Kyuhyun concluded that the elder has assumed that he can’t remember anything. So he choose to keep it as his own little secret.

 


 

Two of them sat there in silence although their minds are making storms of emotion inside them unbeknownst to each other. They sat in silence basking in each other’s presence before Kyuhyun got dragged away by Donghae to start the fun with a song.

“Sungmin hyung come on, join us.” Eunhyuk also shouted from small crowd.

“Yeah, I’ll come. You guys start without me. I’ll bring Ryeowook.” Sungmin replied and got up from where he sat. He walked over to Ryeowook who was grilling the last batch of meat.

“Is it the last?” Sungmin asked picking up a pair of tongs to help Ryeowook.

“Yeah.” Ryeowook replied, turning the pieces.

Sungmin contemplated a while before speaking up again. “Ryeowook-ah, can I ask you something. If you think it’s personal you don’t have to answer me.”

Smaller man raised his head a little and looked at the elder curiously, waiting for him speak.

“Kyuhyun and you, are you guys only friends?” Sungmin asked gently.

“W-why would you ask that?” Stuttered Ryeowook, taken aback by the direct question.

“No, it’s just the way you look at him.” Replied Sungmin. But he quickly added, “But you don’t have to answer me. I’m sorry for asking. I know it’s personal.”

Ryeowook kept quiet for a while. It was a secret he kept for years. And only one person aside himself know about the secret. Even though Sungmin and he have become closer friends over the time it’s still his secret. However he suddenly remembered their drunken incident few weeks back. He remembered how Sungmin acted towards Kyuhyun. The memories made him reply to Sungmin’s question. He felt the need to let the elder know about his secret.

“I like him.” Ryeowook stated looking away from the other, missing the hurt expression that flashed across Sungmin’s face.

Sungmin straightened his face before asking, “Does he know?”

“No.” Ryeowook said still avoiding the eye contact with Sungmin. For some reason he felt like he was crossing a boundary which was not supposed to crossed. As if he’s trying claim someone else’s property.

“Why didn’t you tell him?” Came the next question.

This took Ryeowook by surprise. He has seen how Sungmin cared for Kyuhyun. If it’s not love at least the guy felt something for Kyuhyun. But why the heck is he trying to hook me up with him?

However he was saved from the awkward situation as Eunhyuk yelled from the crowd. “Will you two come over here? We need the food here.”

Without another mention of Kyuhyun both of them carried plates filled with rest of the meat to the small gathering.

Kyuhyun moved a bit from where he sat to make some space for Sungmin but the elder avoided the silent offer and took a seat beside Eunhyuk forcing Ryeowook to sit beside Kyuhyun.

If he need to control himself he needed to start now although it’s already too late to stop himself from loving the younger. Sungmin reasoned with himself, ignoring the younger’s crestfallen look.

 


 

A/N:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Here's a christmas present for you all!

(And my usual request: Please give me your feedback)

Love you all!