Chapter 6

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Eunhyuk picked up Sungmin the next evening for his first day on his new job. Sungmin settled his beloved guitar between his legs as he sat on the passenger’s seat beside Eunhyuk. He has learned to play many instruments including guitar, piano, drums and the saxophone but the guitar was his favourite.

“Eunhyuk-ah, will I be able to get there on time?” Asked Sungmin looking around at his friend.

“What do you mean?” Eunhyuk questioned Sungmin not seeing the mischievous glint in the other’s eye.

“Well, it took you an hour to get me to the cinema on last time you decided to give me a ride.”

“Yah! It was six years ago. And besides it was the fault of the navigation system.” Whined a rather annoyed Eunhyuk.

“Why did you even need the navigation? It was around the block.” Sungmin said riling up his best friend.

“Whatever. You won’t let that go, will you?” Eunhyuk said as he remembered the idiotic but amusing moments he had with his friend. He has missed his best friend.

“Never!” Sungmin said cheekily.

They reached the club half an hour early before Sungmin’s performance time. Some staff of the club were already preparing a spot for the live singing. Sungmin and Eunhyuk were welcomed by a friendly wave from Leeteuk. They sat at the bar, reminiscing about their school life while Leeteuk went to serve some customers.

Sungmin suddenly broke his concentration as he heard a velvety voice started to pour through the speakers. He thought it was heavenly as he drifted off from Eunhyuk’s chatting as lyrics poured into him. Eunhyuk also silenced as the singer moved on to the next song. Sungmin tried to crane his neck to see the singer but some group of people were obstructing his line of the view. The group moved as in cue for Sungmin to stare at the tall brunette. The smooth voice flowed like silk through the crowd and touched Sungmin’s very soul as Kyuhyun sang, completely absorbed in the song.

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun tracing him with his eyes. He observed how his brown locks casually fell a little over the eyes which were closed softly. The peaceful look on the younger’s face displayed clearly how much he loved the singing. Sungmin’s gaze moved down the handsome face and stopped at the lips. Sungmin felt butterflies in his stomach as he watched soft pillowed lips moved gracefully against the microphone creating the most beautiful voice he ever heard. Sungmin was pulled away from his trance at the sound of a loud applause from the crowd as Kyuhyun finished the song and stepped down from the platform.

“He’s amazing.” Sungmin muttered under his breath, still dazed.