Chapter 7

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Sungmin has made it part of his schedule to come early and watch Kyuhyun sing before his own performance time. It was one of those days. He sat at the bar sipping a drink that Leeteuk handed him few minutes ago watching as Kyuhyun sang beautifully, enjoying every bit of the music.

“He is really awesome.” An almost fangirly voice reached Sungmin’s ear making him to look to the side. He saw two guys sitting side by side obviously engrossed in Kyuhyun’s performance. He immediately recognized one of the guys as Donghae and beside him was another guy who he has seen several times with Kyuhyun. The smaller man looked mesmerised as he watched Kyuhyun.

“Hey Donghae!” Sungmin tapped Donghae’s shoulder to announce his presence making the poor guy to spill the drink he was holding on himself.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” Sungmin hurriedly apologised for the mishap he caused.

“Ah, Sungmin hyung, didn’t see you there.”

“Yeah, apparently.” Said Sungmin with an apologetic smile. Then he looked at the still oblivious shorter male who was watching the performance. “Your friend?”

“Ah, this is Ryeowook.” Donghae said without even looking at the said male. But he turned around as he didn’t get a response. He saw Ryeowook looking at Kyuhyun with more than friendship in his eye. It was adoration.

Donghae remembered the time Ryeowook told him a secret that the poor guy couldn’t bury it in himself anymore. Ryeowook has come to his house one night drunk, but fully conscious.

“Donghae-ah, will you be my safe?” Ryeowook has asked slumping down on Donghae’s couch that night. He didn’t wait for Donghae’s answer as he continued, “I like Kyu, Donghae-ah. I like him a lot.”

He has grabbed the glass of water Donghae offered him and gulped it down as if it is the most delicious drink in the world. He took a breath and continued with his monologue leaving a more perplexed Donghae.

“But I can’t confess to him. What if he rejects me? Then after that we won’t be able to look at each other. I don’t want to lose the friendship we have Donghae-ah.” Tears of frustration escaped his eyes.

It has taken Donghae few hours to calm down his drunkard friend. Even though Donghae thought that Ryeowook would forget the previous night, the first thing Ryeowook did was to make him swear that he won’t tell Kyuhyun about his secret and that they won’t talk about the issue anymore.

Donghae shook his memories away and grabbed Ryeowook’s shoulders and turned the bewildered guy physically towards Sungmin. “Ryeowook-ah, this is Sungmin hyung. He is Eunhyuk’s best friend and the other live player here.”

“Hey.” Said Sungmin shaking Ryeowook’s hand. “And speak of the devil.” Sungmin looked over Donghae’s shoulder to find Eunhyuk approaching them with a smile on his face at the sight of Donghae.

“Hey Donghae!” His gummy smile turned in to a full blown grin when Donghae offered a blushing smile.

“Hae, what happened?” He asked as Donghae was still wiping off the spilled drink on his shirt. “Come, I’ll help you clean up.” Eunhyuk dragged Donghae away, ignoring the Sungmin who raised his eyebrows at ‘Hae’.

“So, apparently they have a thing for each other.” Ryeowook commented as he watched the pair walking away.

“Yeah.” Sungmin agreed. “One of them just has to step up and ask for a date.”

Both of them watched Kyuhyun’s singing for a while and Sungmin broke the silence as Kyuhyun finished his song.

“So, you and him are friends?” Sungmin asked pointing to Kyuhyun.

Ryeowook nodded before explaining. “Yeah, we were friends since high school.”

A small pang of jealousy hit Sungmin’s heart as Ryeowook talked about his long term friendship with Kyuhyun. He envied Ryeowook for knowing Kyuhyun longer. For a second Sungmin thought Ryeowook cherished those memories more than a friend as he told the stories with a small smile playing at his lips.

They talked through few songs and Sungmin excused himself to go and prepare for his performance.

 


 

After his shift, Kyuhyun came to where Ryeowook sitting by himself as Donghae still hasn’t returned.

“Hey I’m done let’s go.”

“Sungmin hyung’s playing.” Ryeowook said pointing to Sungmin who has taken his place on the platform and tuning his guitar.

“What does it matter? Beside I have some school work to do.” Kyuhyun replied flatly.

“Donghae?” Ryeowook asked reminding they are missing a friend.

Kyuhyun silently pointed his finger towards a booth at the far corner of the club where Donghae was chatting away happily with Eunhyuk.

“Alright then let’s go. We’ll drop him a text.”

With that both of them walked out of the club.

 


 

A/N

Hi, readers....

My semester finals are coming up, so I'm not so sure how often I can update,

I already have some chapters written, so it'll be alright.

 

Comments are much appreciated, that's what keep me going. (even though the writtings are so crappy, :(  )