Chapter 12

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Sungmin turned to leave the room and find a place to sleep but he was stopped by Kyuhyun’s hand holding his wrist. He looked at the younger with a questioning look who looked back at him with half lidded eyes, drunk. Kyuhyun was tugging at his wrist to come back to the bed. Sungmin stood there frozen. His mind was saying to retreat and back away when he can but his heart was asking to comply. In the end his heart won. Kyuhyun wouldn’t mind. We’re both guys. What’s wrong with just sleeping? He reasoned with himself.

But the reasonable part of his brain was trying to convince him otherwise. Everything is wrong. You shouldn’t play with his feelings because you love him. You can’t hurt him. He pushed away the retort from his mind and lowered himself on the bed next to the younger.

Kyuhyun inched himself to Sungmin’s side as soon as the elder lied beside him. He laid his arm across Sungmin’s stomach and hid his head in the crook of Sungmin’s neck, nestling himself in the elder’s warmth. Sungmin knew they were becoming closer to each other and the younger is genuinely interested about him. But Sungmin also believed the younger would never have the same feelings for him. He knew Kyuhyun was too drunk to be in his right mind, so he felt as if he is taking advantage of the state of the younger. But he didn’t care. If this is the only way to be closer to Kyuhyun, then so be it.

Sungmin slowly caressed the hand landed across his stomach savouring every minute, feeling the soft skin under his fingertips. He could feel Kyuhyun’s hot breath against his skin under the ear and the lips slightly touching the skin, teasingly. Sungmin felt light headed because of the younger’s warmth that he craved for a long time. He held his breath trying to calm himself. After few minutes Kyuhyun’s breathing steadied as he fell back to sleep.

Sungmin shifted in his position so he could look at the sleeping younger. His lips graced Kyuhyun’s forehead as he turned towards him. He placed a chaste kiss and pulled the younger closer to his chest, feeling the other’s heartbeat against his. After hours of listening to younger’s slow inhales and exhales, Sungmin also fell asleep.

 


 

Sungmin woke up with a start next morning as Kyuhyun’s ruffled hair was tickling his neck. A small smile played across Sungmin’s lips as he inhaled the morning scent of the younger. Kyuhyun was still asleep, snuggling in his embrace with his head carefully tucked under elder’s chin. Their bodies were huddled together in the mess of blankets.

Sungmin knew the younger wouldn’t appreciate the position when he wakes up. Therefore he softly kissed the top of the younger’s head and wriggled his way out from under the sheets, trying not the wake the other up. He got up and stood by the bed watching the younger turned around and hugged a pillow, still asleep.

Sungmin let out a sigh and exit the bedroom and walked into an empty kitchen. His mother must have gone somewhere since the breakfast was already set on the table for two with hangover soup. He made himself a strong coffee to press down a creeping headache and sat at the table waiting for the younger to wake up.

His mind flew back to the previous night as he sipped on the coffee. His face broke into a contented smile unknown to himself. He remembered how the younger’s lips graced against his skin in the car. He remembered how the younger’s body felt against his. He remembered how younger’s breath felt against his skin. How the younger scent felt good. He treasured every moment of the night even though the younger wouldn’t remember any of it.

All the thoughts that crossed his mind, stirring his heart, made him realise how much he love the younger. The realisation led to the worry. He knew he shouldn’t feel this way towards Kyuhyun. It was unfair for the younger. But how can he control his heart. He has fallen too hard to get up and walk away. The only way was to bear the feelings alone and prevent other from falling too.

His train of thought was interrupted by shaky footsteps. He looked up to find a rather distraught Kyuhyun at the doorway.

“Good-” Sungmin turned his head to look up at the clock and added, “-afternoon.”

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin without a reply with confusion written all over his face. Therefore Sungmin continued. “Come here and take a seat. My mom made some hangover soup for you.”

Kyuhyun walked dazedly to the table and sat in front of Sungmin who passed him a bowl with the soup.

“Hyung, what am I doing here?” The younger managed to mumble groggily after forcing a gulp of soup down the throat.

“You were drunk. So I brought you here.” Sungmin shrugged as Kyuhyun’s face turned into a pleasant red.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” The younger hid himself behind another spoonful of soup. “What did I do? Did I bother you too much?” He added gulping down the soup.

“You really don’t remember?” Sungmin asked half expectedly, again remembering the previous night.

“Oh my God! What did I do?” Kyuhyun completely directed his attention to the elder with an exasperated look on his face.

Sungmin let out a small chuckle before answering. “No, no..don’t worry. You just slept like a baby.” Holding me. Sungmin added silently.

“Thank God!” The younger let out a sigh of relief before going back to his soup. He put a spoonful of soup in his mouth with one hand and the other hand massaging the temple. The inevitable hangover headache was starting to creep up.

“Headache?” Sungmin asked noticing the pained expression on the younger’s face. “Finish the soup and take a shower. You’ll feel better.”

Rest of the breakfast went rather quietly.

Kyuhyun finished his meal first but decided to wait until Sungmin finish his. Noticing why the younger was waiting Sungmin waved the younger off. “Oh, you don’t have to wait for me. Go ahead and take a shower. I’ll do the dishes.” 

“Do I smell that bad that you want to shoo me away?” Asked Kyuhyun trying to smell his own breath.

“You kinda do actually. Move along now.” Sungmin said playfully as the younger pouted at him.

“Ok, ok. I’m going.”

Kyuhyun started to walk away when Sungmin called after him. “The bathroom is the last door to the left and there are towels in the drawer under the sink.”

“Thanks hyung.” With that Kyuhyun disappeared into the hallway.

Sungmin finished his own breakfast after few minutes and started to clean the dishes.

Several minutes after, he heard the younger calling for him. Sungmin poked his head into the hallway to find Kyuhyun’s dripping head looking at him through the bathroom door. “I don’t have anything clean to wear.” Younger stated.

“Ah right. I’ll get something of mine.” Kyuhyun’s head disappeared back into the bathroom and Sungmin paused the chore and went in his room to find some clothes for the younger.

Sungmin went through his wardrobe to find something casual and finally found a pair of track pants and a t-shirt. He laid them on the bed and started to go back to his chore but was stopped by the sight of Kyuhyun standing at the doorway with a towel wrapped around his hips and both hands clutching another towel, drying the hair.

“Hyung did you find something for me?” Kyuhyun asked through the towel that was covering his head.

Sungmin didn’t seem to notice the question as he watched small beads of water sliding down the toned chest of the younger, dissolving themselves in the towel around the hips. The younger was oblivious to the staring eyes as he went on drying his hair.

“Hyung?” Asked Kyuhyun peeking from behind the towel at the lack of response.

“Uh, yeah. They’re on the bed.” Sungmin replied hastily and slipped past Kyuhyun, wishing to all heavens that the younger didn’t notice the staring or the blush on his face.

Sungmin waited for Kyuhyun in the living room while fanning away the blush. This seriously got to stop. I can’t let in these feelings. Sungmin mumbled to himself while pacing back and forth like a crazy idiot. He stopped in his tracks as Kyuhyun walked into the living room.

“Thanks a lot hyung. I’ll go now. My mom might be worried.” The younger said walking towards the door. “See you later?” He added hopefully.

“Yeah. See you later.” Sungmin said absently, still trying to shove away the younger’s half image.

 


 

A/N

So here's the long overdue update! So sorry for the lateness.

Just remember my lovlies you're comments makes me happy! (doesn't matter good or bad, just let me know what you feel about the story) Enjoy!