Chapter 15

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

Kyuhyun was back at the Sapphire club on his job. He was hanging out with Ryeowook, who has decided to tag along. Donghae has gone out with Eunhyuk and only Leeteuk was running back and forth at the bar doing double work as usual since Kangin was out sick. So Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were just chatting with each other killing the time until the performance.

“Where’s Sungmin hyung?” Ryeowook suddenly asked since he knew the elder usually performs after Kyuhyun.

“Oh, he said he have to go to the city. So I’m covering his shift too.” Kyuhyun replied. But then something triggered his mind.

Ryeowook was his best friend. He was the perfect person to talk to. Kyuhyun set his mind and turned to his friend, determined.

“Ryeowook-ah, can I tell you something?”

The smaller man stared at Kyuhyun’s face, surprised at the sudden seriousness. But then he nodded in agreement.

“Alright,” Kyuhyun fiddled with his fingers, already nervous just to talk to his friend. “I’ll get to the point. IlikeSungmin.” He blurted the last words in one breath leaving a bewildered Ryeowook.

“Huh?”

“I like Sungmin hyung.” This time Kyuhyun said slowly, feeling better since he let out the emotions building up in him.

“Well, yeah. I like him too. He’s a good person.” Ryeowook said playfully but feeling heavy at heart. He knew perfectly well what Kyuhyun meant. He just needed a second to adjust himself.

“That’s not what I meant, I meant that I lo-” Kyuhyun stopped in the middle of the sentence as he realised his friend was teasing him. “Ha ha, very funny.” Kyuhyun added bitterly. “What should I do?” He went on not realising how his words broke his friend’s heart.

“Well, there’s only one thing to do. Confess.” Ryeowook replied composing himself to not to show the hurt he felt.

“What if-”

“No what if’s. You have to try to know.”

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun said slowly. He felt grateful he had a good friend like Ryeowook. He was happy his friend didn’t mock him.

Ryeowook placed a reassuring had oh his friend’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. It’ll be alright.”

Kyuhyun nodded in gratitude and got up from his seat to go and start his performance for the night.

“Kyuhyun, I have to go early. I’ll see you later.” Ryeowook called after him.

“Okay then see you later.”

 


 

Ryeowook stepped out of the Sapphire club with a heavy heart.  He needed to calm his heart before he can face Kyuhyun again. He was too late. He missed the chance to make Kyuhyun his and Sungmin has managed to steal Kyuhyun’s heart without even trying.

He walked absent minded towards the bus stop, thousands of thoughts swirling in his mind. He should have known this would come sooner or later. He saw the signs on Kyuhyun. He has seen how Kyuhyun’s face break into a smile whenever Sungmin fall into his vision. How the younger looks longingly at Sungmin without even realising himself.

Ryeowook’s heart clenched for every piece of memory passed through his mind. But it was his own fault. If only he had the courage to confess his own feelings, then things could have been different. He was too much of a coward. He wasn’t brave enough to try and accept the consequences. Was it the rejection or losing a friendship? He didn’t know what he was afraid of. May be it was both. But now Kyuhyun was ready to take the risk of losing his friendship with Sungmin and fight for the love. He had a slight hope of Sungmin’s not loving the younger back. But then again he has seen the care elder had for Kyuhyun.

Ryeowook’s thoughts were put on halt as he heard the loud ring from his hand phone. He paused in his tracks and fished out his phone and pushed the call accept button without even checking the number.

The voice that answered was from the person who he least wanted to talk to that moment. 

“Hello?” Sungmin repeated since he didn’t get an answer even the call was picked up.

“Hello.” Ryeowook answered slowly.

“Oh, are you busy? Can I meet you?”

“Weren’t you out of the city?” Ryeowook answered with a question. He didn’t want to meet anybody. He just needed sometime you himself.

“No, I said that to Kyuhyun because I wanted to meet you without him knowing.” Sungmin answered tentatively.

Ryeowook couldn’t help himself and asked, “Why?”

“Because I wanted to talk about Kyuhyun.” Sungmin replied. “We’re friends, right? So I’m going to help you.”

“Help me?” Ryeowook asked still lost at where the conversation is heading to.

“To confess to him”, was Sungmin’s simple answer.

Ryeowook tightened his grip around the phone. He tried to even out his breathing. Frustration and self-pity was bubbling up in the pit of his stomach.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you. I’m sure he likes you too. Everything will be fine.”  Sungmin went on as he didn’t get a reply.

Ryeowook’s knuckles whitened from the death grip he had around his phone. Sungmin’s words made all the emotions that he kept at bay to explode. “Nothing is fine!” He spat at the phone. “He freaking like you. Not me! He likes you hyung!” His last words ended with a sob.

Silence. That was what he heard from the other end of the line.

That is when he realised what he said. It was Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s personal life. He had no right to intrude in their lives.

Ryeowook abruptly disconnected the call without waiting for an answer upon the realisation. He didn’t know what to do.

 


 

A/N:

Hello everyone! Happy 2014! Love you all!

Here's my gift for the new year!

Enjoy! (Please give me your feedback....as usual)