Chapter 3

Tomorrow May Or May Never Come

A small crowd of people were already gathered around a table when Kyuhyun finally came to the restaurant accompanied by Donghae. Both of them casually made their way to the kitchen stealing few glances at the customers that decided to throw a party disrupting his usual life style and risking him a failed subject. Most of the people looked older than him and he even thought that some of them looked familiar. He kept walking towards the kitchen wondering where he had seen them when the small crowed literally exploded, screaming at someone who entered just then. It was short young male who looked a little closer to his age. His platinum blond hair shone slightly under artificial light that lit the restaurant. Kyuhyun was trying to recall where he has seen the shorter male when he was suddenly distracted from his staring by a tugging at his sleeve.

“What?” He asked turning to his friend.

“Eunhyuk!”  Donghae let out a barely audible whisper trying to hide behind the tall figure. “From the club.” He added at the lack of response from Kyuhyun, pointing to the other guy who was hugging the blonde. Kyuhyun’s mouth formed a little ‘o’ upon the realisation that it was Donghae’s crush from the club. That is when he recognised that some people from the crowd actually works at the Sapphire club. He was dragged to the kitchen by Donghae who was blushing at the sight of his crush.

Kyuhyun’s mother was already working in the kitchen being helped by his sister. His mother was piling up fried chicken into a bowl while his sister was working at the stove. She turned her head slightly at her son before going, “Kyuhyun-ah, I think they need more food. Help me carry these dishes.”

“You look tired.” Kyuhyun said while putting on his white apron. “You’ve been working late for few weeks straight.”

“Don’t worry Kyu-ah, the party is for the son of my school friend.”

“Can’t they choose a better time than this?” Muttered Kyuhyun under his breath slightly annoyed.

Kyuhyun followed his mother leaving Donghae to peep around the kitchen counter at his crush.

He saw that the blonde was looking at him when he turned around to retreat back to the kitchen after leaving the dishes. That is when his mother decided to introduce him to the blonde. He offered the small smile and bowed politely and followed him mother back to the kitchen. He tried to shrug the familiar feeling and followed his mother back to the kitchen.

A small ‘ah’ left his mouth as recognised the blonde as the person who he bumped into unceremoniously. That’s why he was looking at me. He must have thought I’m an ungrateful kid who can’t even say ‘thank you’. He turned to go back and show his gratitude but gave up on the thought as he saw the blonde was immersed back in his conversation with his friends.

The party has dragged later than he thought and Donghae has left reluctantly around mid-night saying his mother wanted him to come home early. He started cleaning while his mother went to say good bye to the blonde. The blonde-Sungmin-was apparently the reason for the party. And he learned that Sungmin is the son of his mother’s friend who is the new neighbour that moved in next door.

The Cho family came home around 3.30 a.m. after all the cleaning. Kyuhyun slumped on to his bed not even caring to change into his pyjama.

 


 

Kyuhyun woke up with a start. He sat up straight on his bed feeling bewildered. He blinked a few times and looked towards his digital clock on the bedside table. The time read quarter past four in the evening. Had he slept through the whole day from the exhaustion? He sank back into the warmth of his bed when he suddenly realised that he was supposed to meet his professor that morning. The realisation shot him off the bed and he ran to the bathroom cursing at the alarm clock that failed to wake him on time. He changed into clean clothes before dashing out of his room grabbing his assignment report.

However when he reached the campus gates he saw his professor getting into his car. Kyuhyun ran to his teacher screaming to stop.

“Sir! Sir! My assignment?” He offered his report to his teacher panting from the run.

“Ah, Kyuhyun-ssi, good thing you brought before I leave but you have already passed the deadline. So I’m gonna have to deduct fifty percent of the marks according to the rules.”

“B-but sir, I have to pass the subject.”

“It won’t be fair for the other students if I were to give you full marks without considering the deadline.” Said the professor and paused for a moment to think. Kyuhyun was after all his favourite student. “Okay then write me another report on the recent topic we discussed as extra credit. That way you can make up to the final marks.” 

“Thank you, sir.” Kyuhyun said gratefully as he watched his teacher get in the car and drove away.  He cursed to himself with frustration. Now he has to do double the work he needed to pass the subject just because he passed the deadline.

“Aish, this is all because of that Lee Sungmin.” He turned around to leave muttering to himself.

He quit the rest of the day’s lectures and went back home to start with his new report. He was still mad about the whole ordeal when he met the subject of his anger at the gates to his house. He shot a dark glare at the other and stormed in to the house leaving the other puzzled. 

 


 

A/N

Guys, can I know what you think about the story?

Is it a least bit interesting?