I am the sky

Breaking Through

Number Six POV

I still can’t believe how lucky I am… this can’t be a dream… can it? I’ve never had a dream like this before… this must be real.

I finally found the others, Jungwa was wrong, he always told me that the prophecy was a lie.

But here I am… then the lady Eun Ae broke through my thoughts

“Are you alright sweetheart?” she says my head.

“Y-yes mam” I stutter

“No, none of that, call me umma, the rest of them do – except for my husband of course.”

“ I’ve never had an umma before” I say shyly.

“Well YG took in all of the boys when they were kids, and even though we looked everywhere we just couldn’t find you, anyway we’ve done our best to raise them, they consider each other and us family- even though only TOP and Taeyang are blood related, and now I can finally have a daughter in this houseful of boys” She says brightly.

Wow can she talk fast. “What about your baby?” I ask looking at her belly.

“We’ll just have to see about that…I’ll be right back sweet” she says standing up and walking out of the room.

Five minutes later…

She walks in with some clothes. “Well these are some of mine that I used to fit into, but not anymore, they’ll work until we can get you something from the black market- I’ll have to make alterations for your wings though… it’s a good thing that they can retract into your back isn’t it” She chatters as she helps me change.

 “I’ll let you get some rest now sweetie, I sent one of the boys to make soup, so they’ll bring it I for you ok?”

“Yes, u-umma, thank you so much.”I say softly.

She leaves the room, smiling at me, I think that I like her, she seems so caring and loving- no one has ever been like that to me before.

I try to sleep, but then I look out of the window… and I rise and walk over to it. I stand there mesmerized, for what must’ve been an eternity. I didn’t even notice when the door opened, and the guy with the blue hair walked in- TOP- yes that was his name. “Oh…hello” I say stepping away from the window.

“Hi, um.. I brought you some soup” he says in his deep voice while setting down a steaming bowl.

“Thank you very much TOP-sshi” I say gratefully

He looks taken aback, “Um, you can just call me TOP- oppa, like I’m a brother, ok?” He says.

I nod my head slowly. “What are looking at?” he asks gesturing to the window.

“Oh.. the sunrise, well actually the sky, it’s really beautiful.”

We both step to the window. “I’ve never seen the sky like this before, where I was before, it was always so gray… but this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen” I say sighing.

 

“Sora” he says softly.

“what?”

“It’s a name that means sky, I thought you'd want an actual name” he says shyly.

“Sora, Sora… it sounds so pretty- A lot better than my number, I think it’s a nice name” I answer looking down.

“A beautiful name for a beautiful girl, well you need to rest now Sora, or Umma will take away my ice cream, and you will not get better, bye Sora. He says walking away.

 Sora…. Sora….“What about that Jungwa…. I told you that you’d never win, I am free now, my name is Sora- I am the sky-I have a family- someday you will regret everything….every single thing.” I whisper to myself before falling into a deep dreamless sleep.